Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLog - iLove it!!

Default Update my application?
    I am running v. 3.0.1 of Installer. Update what?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Probably he is talking to iLeks...

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Did u install the iLeks app allready? If you run the iPhone version 1.1.4 the icon will not show up. Now, when you go back into the installer, the app will show under "uninstall" section. So what you need to do is unistall it or, if you still want to keep it, try to make it work by changing the permission to 755 to the entire folder and also 644 to the .png files inside the folder.
    Hope this helps!

Still the app needs to be updated because I had a few hours into it and still not working right.

Later,
    RaMod
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-03-04 at 02:40 AM. Reason: edit
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Quote Originally Posted by dhawalsinha View Post
    didnt work for me on 114. it installs fine but the icon doesnt show.
    I was able to get the icon to show up by adding it to a category. However, upon opening the app, it immediately closes and brings me back to the home screen.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by TatesMan View Post
    i made this and it worked great on 1.1.3
    chmod -R 775 /Applications/iLog.app

Exit out and SSH into the phone.

Execture the following commands:
    mkdir /var/root/Library/CallHistory
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db /var/root/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db

Navigate to the iLog dir and execute the following commands.

chmod a+rx iLog
    chown root iLog
    chmod +s iLog

This lets iLog run as root and fixes the problems of it not being able to alter the call log.
    I have successfully made the icon appear. The issue is that I do not know which file to write the permissions to. I open the iLog directory and I cannot determine how to edit the iLog.app file. I am using cyberduck and smultron (as editor). Is this a specific .png file that needs to be edited??

Please help.

NEVER MIND, I GOT IT TO WORK. I guess when we created a new call_history.db, the existing call history was deleted per se. I tested this app and it worked just fine.

Thanks,
    Last edited by iiask; 2008-03-04 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does the developer plan on updating this for 114 and updating it on installer?

Does it log text messages now?

Rick

Is it me or those the iLog drain battery???
    I notice this when I did a full recharge of my battery when I finish installing the application and when I check my usage and my standby time, they are both the same. I did also install smdb before doing a full recharge. When i check both program there a notification option. I'm guessing the notification check a certain time if there no msg or something that might cause the battery to die fast. I'm on a 1.1.4 with a BL 3.9. Any one having this effect too?

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    I'm glad you guys like it! I also think this app has great potential to be a must have app on the iPhone

Later,
    RaMod
    Thanks for building an app with features that the iPhone should have had to begin with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Does it log text messages now?

Rick
    I cannot get it to log sms. I have attempted to link a sms.db, but is does not work. Now when I push the log icon, the program crashes. Other than that I can see all calls and even delete them. Hopefully, someone will fix the SMS aspect of the program!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

ok nothing from your source shows up under install to even download iLog

and is this program dead?? im on 1.1.4 but would love to have this...
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Quote Originally Posted by TatesMan View Post
    i made this and it worked great on 1.1.3
    chmod -R 775 /Applications/iLog.app

Exit out and SSH into the phone.

Execture the following commands:
    mkdir /var/root/Library/CallHistory
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db /var/root/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db

Navigate to the iLog dir and execute the following commands.

chmod a+rx iLog
    chown root iLog
    chmod +s iLog

This lets iLog run as root and fixes the problems of it not being able to alter the call log.
    This is wot i followed on my 114 but the icon didnt show up!

Quote Originally Posted by iiask View Post
    I cannot get it to log sms. I have attempted to link a sms.db, but is does not work. Now when I push the log icon, the program crashes. Other than that I can see all calls and even delete them. Hopefully, someone will fix the SMS aspect of the program!!!!
    Thanks iiask for replying!!!

So it looks there is no change - my has been logging calls only since I installed it and no idea how to get the app to log sms.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Thanks iiask for replying!!!

So it looks there is no change - my has been logging calls only since I installed it and no idea how to get the app to log sms.

Rick
    My iLog currently logs calls and sms. At first the log feature seemed to have crashed everytime i attempted to view the log. As I powered the iphone down and rebooted I noticed the the log now captures SMS. I had to do some ssh into the phone to do this and I cannot recall what I actually did (it's 5am and I haven't been to bed since 3am yesterday). When I figure it out, I will post so all can fix their iLog.

I am running firmware 1.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by iiask View Post
    My iLog currently logs calls and sms. At first the log feature seemed to have crashed everytime i attempted to view the log. As I powered the iphone down and rebooted I noticed the the log now captures SMS. I had to do some ssh into the phone to do this and I cannot recall what I actually did (it's 5am and I haven't been to bed since 3am yesterday). When I figure it out, I will post so all can fix their iLog.

I am running firmware 1.1.4

I look forward to reading your post

Rick

You gotta love this app, kudos to iLeks!

However, I'm experiencing a problem in that the Log button at the bottom of the screen crashes the app and returns me to the springboard. Therefor I cannot access the "Full Log" screen or the "Log Filter". I'm running 1.1.2 and have installed this app both manually and the latest version from Installer with the same results. Changing permissions with WinSCP has no effect, the app always crashes back to the springboard when I tap the Log button at the bottom of the screen, so I can't get to these screens:

Anyone else experiencing this behavior? Any ideas for a fix?

Default SMS Log on iLog
    for everyone looking to get their sms logs to show up in iLog...

follow the following steps...

- open term-vt100 on ur iPhone
    - type in the following lines...
    --- mkdir /var/root/Library/SMS
    --- ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db
    --- reboot
    your iLog should show you the sms logs now

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FujuMastah For This Useful Post:

rrsodl (2008-03-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can you delete sms messages with it yet? I have it installed and it logs everything, even deletes calls...but it won't do anything with SMS messages but show them to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Can you delete sms messages with it yet? I have it installed and it logs everything, even deletes calls...but it won't do anything with SMS messages but show them to me...
    no, can't delete sms messages with it yet... it just logs sms messages for now... i guess it's something the author of the app would have to look into...

rrsodl, I completed the following task to get sms to work. The log will log all sms, but it still lacks the functionality of deleting the sms.

- open terminal, ssh into phone
    - type in the following lines...
    --- mkdir /var/root/Library/SMS
    --- ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db
    --- reboot

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iiask For This Useful Post:

rrsodl (2008-03-09)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast