Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ishapeshifter

well trust me it took me some time to figure out a good way to do this. and i only uploaded themes that would be compatible with most peoples phones/apps. not the crazy ones that use various methods of bg's etc. but honestly if you want to host and maintain this you can take my packages and sourceode and transferit, cause im limited on time and hosting these files is eating my bandwidth

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It is up to you man. I have more then enough bandwidth(4TB), I just don't have the skill to be able to improve any further on this program. I have the space, time and patience to learn how things are done but just not from square one by myself.

EDIT: BTW, got a ringtone up, I figured out how to do it, woah. 24 lovers will like it as I know I do.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-24 at 05:35 AM.

Hey Hightymes, I copied your array into the proper locations and everything but it is not showing up in my installer app, i copied it along with the deathtodesign one and that still works perfectly, but yours doesnt show up, any clue as to why?

it is also listed under my sources just none of your material is displayed
    Last edited by icedx2; 2007-08-24 at 10:06 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems like maybe the server was down. It is working now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i put your stuff in and it doesnt work? do your themes work or not hightimes??? jw

Drunk.. I have not looked to in depth to this.. But instead of loading from a server.. couldnt we set it up to load from a local floder in the phone.. ex var/root/media/themes ? Then in themes a folder similar to the setup the iphone skinner from MMi made that can be loaded for each theme?
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    i put your stuff in and it doesnt work? do your themes work or not hightimes??? jw

Not working in what way? Am I listed under sources in Installer? What themes do you have under the theme section? Should be working fine right now if you have your plist setup right.

I set up everything correctly just like i did drunks, infact i did it the same time as drunks. You are listed under sources but the only files showing up are drunks themes.. yours are MIA

HightTymes.... yours dont show up either, under sources you show up but no themes? Just the ones from Drunk.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

very strange, what version of installer are you using? I am using 1.8, haven't updated yet.

I just switched from Perfection theme to bluewaterfall right now as we speak through EDGE.

Anyone know what the problem could be? When I get home I will upload my plist. Maybe I just wrote something down wrong when posting it.

I wrote to Nullriver the other day about something and they told me that nothin had to be edited in the Localpackages.plist, just the SourcePackage.plist. And to make sure you are exited from installer when editing and to power cycle the iphone after.

EDIT: I found out the problem, it is a simple / that shouldn't be there at the end of the URL. Should be this

under LocalPackages.plist add

<array>
    <string>AddSource</string>
    <string>http://hightymes.org/iphone/index.xml</string>
    </array>

as well as

<array>
    <string>RemoveSource</string>
    </array>

Under PackageSources.plist add

<dict>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>[email protected]</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string>Kyle</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>HighTymes.org</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>http://hightymes.org/iphone/themes/</string>
    </dict>
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-25 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Works perfect now! Thanks bro and are you gonna keep adding new Themes?

I just installed Gunmetal Remastered, how do i get back to installer.app to uninstall the themes? Or how do i change the plist to get installer.app on my home page?
    Last edited by custom2005altima; 2007-08-25 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Drunk.. I have not looked to in depth to this.. But instead of loading from a server.. couldnt we set it up to load from a local floder in the phone.. ex var/root/media/themes ? Then in themes a folder similar to the setup the iphone skinner from MMi made that can be loaded for each theme?
    I won't be adding anything new to this at the moment. All the features you would like and that should be included will be apart of my program but it is a long way off

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by custom2005altima View Post
    Works perfect now! Thanks bro and are you gonna keep adding new Themes?

I just installed Gunmetal Remastered, how do i get back to installer.app to uninstall the themes? Or how do i change the plist to get installer.app on my home page?
    Ya I am going to add more themes to it as well as more ringtones and some other things regulary.

A couple of the themes were now made with no installer icon so it isn't on the displaylist(not being forced on homescreen). So you will have to change the displaylist manual to add it. I am going to add the installer app button to the themes that don't have it as a transparent button right now.

I know Perfection,BlueWaterfall work perfectly.

Most of them have Installer.app or finder would show up, but im stuck in the Gun Metal Theme and theres no way to get to Intaller.app without changing the display.plist, but I don't know the .com.apple.**** for changing the display.plist. Thanks

Most of them have Installer.app or finder would show up, but im stuck in the Gun Metal Theme and theres no way to get to Intaller.app without changing the display.plist, but I don't know the .com.apple.**** for changing the display.plist. Thanks
    Just use installer to uninstall launcher and reinstall it and your displayorder.plist will be fixed

I'm not 'sure' I understand your question... but I'll try to answer it anyway . The information that you're referring to can be found in an application's Info.plist file and is the string under the CFBundleIdentifier key.

Hope that helps!

-KennX

Im gonna try it now... hope it works.

Just got done fixed the problem. Thanks for the help KennX
    Last edited by custom2005altima; 2007-08-26 at 12:30 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I fixed all the themes now. They will all now look like they are shown. If there is no installer icon present in the theme then it will be hidden but the button is there so you can access installer.

I tried to find every program out there and added them all to the special section in the displaylist if they weren't supposed to be on home screen.

You should now be able to go from each theme with no worries that extra icon will show up or that you will lose your installer icon.

Enjoy

PS. Let me know if I missed a program(ie. if extra icon is present on homescreen).
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-26 at 02:00 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ya they all seem good but they all need to have the launcher icon present as well :-/

oh and perfection isn't perfect mine shows decor on the home screen
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2007-08-26 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    ya they all seem good but they all need to have the launcher icon present as well :-/

oh and perfection isn't perfect mine shows decor on the home screen

Ya i know, was thinking of that when changing them but i didnt want a crap load of hidden buttons

21. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTymes For This Useful Post:

icedx2 (2007-08-26)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast