Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ishapeshifter

just tested it and it works for me.. your backup is located on your phone under /var/root/Library/Themes/Backup

after you fix your backup you might want to delete it from local packages.plist .

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    just tested it and it works for me.. your backup is located on your phone under /var/root/Library/Themes/Backup

after you fix your backup you might want to delete it from local packages.plist .
    So should I just delete the backup dir? Then delete it from local packages?

restore what you want from the backup dir. and then delete that folder completly when you are done. also in local packages youll see the entry for the backup theme. delete everything from the top <dict> above my package to the </dict> at the bottom of my package before the next package

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

schind (2007-08-22)

can someone please upload there modified plists because the other one in this thread doesnt work

Here ya go this worked for me. http://www.mediafire.com/?dllqtgzygdm
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

thank you jakeyboy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is not quite ready - restoring my theme I had backed up did not restore the dock, or my carrier logo, or localizedapplicationnames.strings. I do have a backup I can manually restore, so it's not a huge problem, but it does need to be fixed.

Here's what I realize happended - it restored the files of springboard app into system/library/coreservices instead of the app itself - springboard's files are in the wrong place!

A good start though, It'll be great when it's ready for use.
    Last edited by organik; 2007-08-22 at 05:40 PM. Reason: found the problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
    followed instructions. got some themes installed. Now it's kickin and doing a great job at it.

But I hit a snag. One of the themes doesn't display the launcher icon OR the installer icon. And now that I've got it set, I can't uninstall it!

I know I could go in via SSH and all that, but since my Terminal is still accessible, I wanted to know what the command would be to launch installer.app from the terminal. Anyone know?

I tried "run installer.app" and "open installer.app"
    Nope, what you do is this (in your iphone ssh window):

cd /Applications/Installer.app
    ./Installer

If your backup got dropped in the wrong folder it was prob an old version I updated all the scripts so everything now should backup fine

do you think you could add this to the Installer application? It'd be really useful to do it that way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ts in the installer app look at the very first post and the "black" skin needs to be fixed I have mulitple lights off and vrecord because it uses the old file names so ya :-/ but other than that I think this is really cool good job just a few bugs to fix that's all thanks for all your hard work 2

Just looked at it.
    SpringBoard gets dropped in CoreServices still

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

NVM, got it working

Thanks

More themes to come
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-23 at 11:08 PM.

been busy with work. ill check it out and have the backup fixed by tonight.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed a theme that included a bunch of icons that I didn't have the programs for. Any one know how to delete these?
    -DoocesWild

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^^^Open WinSCP and go into your applications fold and delete the folders of the programs you don't have. They probably just have the icon in the folder

Quote Originally Posted by DoocesWild View Post
    I installed a theme that included a bunch of icons that I didn't have the programs for. Any one know how to delete these?
    use the finder application for the iphone. makes it easy

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For those that are interested, you can add my server along side of drunknbass to your plist in Installer the same exact way you added his. So for example it will be...

under LocalPackages.plist add

<array>
    <string>AddSource</string>
    <string>http://hightymes.org/iphone/index.xml</string>
    </array>

as well as

<array>
    <string>RemoveSource</string>
    </array>

Under PackageSources.plist add

<dict>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>[email protected]</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string>Kyle</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>HighTymes.org</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>http://hightymes.org/iphone/themes/</string>
    </dict>

I have about 6 more themes added(BlueWaterfalls, Gunmetal 2.1,Perfection, Gunmetal Remastered, Loring_Icon and RevRoy). More to come.

I thing I have noticed is if the theme didn't come with a Installer Icon, then it will display the last themes Installer icon or maybe not at all depending on the displaylist. I tried to upload the ones with just the Installer icon but there isn't many of them.

Would you guys rather force an Installer icon to display(doesn't matter where icon comes from or if it say fills the 4th line on a theme that shouldn't), or would you rather me not edit displaylist?

EDIT: URLs Fixed
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-25 at 09:54 PM.

not to be a **** but be careful who you dl stuff from. Because you can easily brick your phone. Ill prob remove my server all together because id rather not have people getting confused where the themes are coming from plus id rather not maintain this anymore. Ill just develope my real theme app and release it later on.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Didn't mean to be an *** myself man, would rather you not take yours down I mainly made this one for me so I can switch more themes and figured I might as well put it up for other. I can tell you the themes put together on my server work great on my iPhone but you now have me worried as to how one could brick their iPhone downloading themes this way. Do I have anything to worry about? because I am about to do some ringtones.

I would like to thank you for finding out how to do this because it makes things so much easier once everything is set. Would be nice to have a real app though that one can just download the themes once and store them and switch on the fly.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-08-24 at 05:07 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast