Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ! Fix Disk Space APP !

Default ! Fix Disk Space APP !
    PLEASE READ!!!
    Many people have been reporting that the "Fix Disk Space APP" is really messing up their iphones/ipod touch's!!!
    PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP

Use BigBoss's App called BossTool

I do not want any more people to TRY it!!! Many people have confirmed that the BossTool from BigBoss works amazingly.

THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------Initial Posting-----------------------------------------
    Has anyone installed the new "Fix Disk Space APP"? If you havent heard about it, its an app that moves your apps to a larger partition of your hdd automatically. I really need to know if it works.

(please do not respond to this post if you have MANUALLY fixed your disk space! I know there is a way to do that I just want to know about this APP! Thanks...)

I wanted to make sure it works perfectly before I install it. If you have please let me know if your music, movies, safari, and everything else works just like normal. I'm not sure if this app would mess with any of that but I dont want to take a chance.

I will thank anyone who helps me!
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 2008-01-13 at 09:47 PM. Reason: UPDATE

I was going to try this app, but I couldnt find to much info about it so I tried the one by big boss instead. Its called boss tool. It does the same thing as this app does. So far my phone is running the same way it was before, except now I have a ton of more space to install apps.

If you want to try it just add sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml to your sources in installer. The look for it under utilities.

Jordan
    1.1.2 Jailbroken

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrdan24 For This Useful Post:

brainfood (2008-01-11), ehcropydoc (2008-01-11), harrisonpowers (2008-01-11)

It just keeps killing my summerboard....i cant use my phone at all

if anyone knows how to fix this please help me because i dont want to restore my phone.
    Last edited by staplerz; 2008-01-11 at 05:36 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to staplerz For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-18)

what do you mean? you tried it and now it messed up your phone?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

Quote Originally Posted by ehcropydoc View Post
    what do you mean? you tried it and now it messed up your phone?
    Yes, thats what i mean. I installed it and then installer started to respring the phone and instead of going to the menu it just keeps respringing..i cant even slide to unlock before it resprings again. i am pissed at myself for trying this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to staplerz For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-18)

Please post if this has happened to anyone else!
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 2008-01-13 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Safari messing up...

I just restored......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to staplerz For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-18)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    I was going to try this app, but I couldnt find to much info about it so I tried the one by big boss instead. Its called boss tool. It does the same thing as this app does. So far my phone is running the same way it was before, except now I have a ton of more space to install apps.

If you want to try it just add sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml to your sources in installer. The look for it under utilities.

Jordan
    1.1.2 Jailbroken
    BossTool is flawless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used it on my iPhone and on a ipod Touch. no problems at all, and I relocated wallpapers, ringtones, and apps! I love BiggBoss apps, there the best thing for the iPhone!!!!
    (Just my opinion)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jarthurs1981 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-11)

The Boss App is AMAZING!!! It worked flawlessly in 30 seconds!

did u use the BossTool while u have already installed appz ???

One thing the bosstool does that the other probably doesnt, is it corrects the fstab mount permissions. In any case, my advise to anyone that wants to do this, move the ringtones or wallpaper first. Make sure that works and that space got freed up. If that goes well then do the applications last. Once it's done, everything will work the same. Nothing will even know that it moved. (Oh, and the correct link to my installer repo is http://sleepers.net/iphonerep). Finally, when you are done moving the apps, you can just uninstall bosstool. It did its work.

did u use the BossTool while u have already installed appz ???
    Yes you can.

PS: remember my bosstool app is still beta. The HDD section has been used quite a bit though. Most the other functionality isn't implemented yet.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 2008-01-11 at 11:18 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

B1naryBand1t (2008-01-11), harrisonpowers (2008-01-11)

i used big boss no probs

didn't know about bosstool, this is great! thanks a lot bigboss

btw, jrdn24's link worked and yours didn't for me.
    Last edited by harrisonpowers; 2008-01-11 at 01:52 PM.

So there are no problems with the original touch/iphone apps??? They will work properly after BossApp moves the apps??? Ohh, and does it delete the source files??

Cheers...

does bostool work on 1.1.2? thanks

The Boss Tool WORKS, thats all anyone needs to know.
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 2008-01-11 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Wrong answer

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ehcropydoc For This Useful Post:

whot (2008-01-11)

i heared some already installed appz wont work if u applied BossTool is that true ??

thanks for talking about the bosstool! i didn't know about it until now and it just saved me.

i'm also wondering about applications though. i've read some don't work when you move them... and it looks to me like the bosstool moves ALL applications. is that the case? if so, does it mess any of them up? what happens with installer when they are moved? does it still know they are installed? does it still look for updates for the apps?
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-01-11 at 07:25 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Banned
    Thanks

Everything works and acts the same! I have 107 apps installed on my iPhone and they all work fine. Your phone still thinks the apps are in the same place so it will not hurt anything in any way. I hope this answers all questions

sweet! thanks for the response!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast