Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ! Fix Disk Space APP !

Running 1.1.1,

Installed the skinned down version of Boss Tools.

Had 17 MB free before moving, after moving (which went flawlessly by the way) have 56MB only. Is this normal? Thought it would be more than that but guess not.........

Cheers, Vikas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasmal For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-14)

Just to update everyone..

I corrected my first post in this thread. I wanted to make sure that if, for some reason, a person reads my first post and doesn't read the rest of the thread, they now will be very informed that they shouldn't install the "Fix Disk Space APP" but to install the "BossTool".
    Thanks, ehcropydoc
    Last edited by ehcropydoc; 2008-01-13 at 10:09 PM. Reason: UPDATE

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo is the correct source to my repository, but I had this moved to MMi so more can have it.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-14)

I had no problems with the App....I already had my Apps relocated so when i click the free disk space app, it was stated there....I just relocated my wallpapers and ringtones and boom...Freed Up some space...BIGBOSS continues to rock

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

What happens to all the apps if we upgrade to a newer version 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, 1.1.3?

The apps will remain on the larger partition I assume but with the upgrade process whip out then all?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

worked flawless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks alot bigboss !!!!Keep reppin the Iphone

thank you big boss. best man
    worked flawless...

Thanks

Big Boss think you can make the icons at the bottom of the pref app slide smoother?

Thanks

I tried the move ringtones, worked fine. Moved apps and the first time it looked like it finished (the circle disappeared) but the option was still there for move apps. I tried a reboot, no change. Then I clicked it again, this time it took longer and updated to say already moved. But, in /var I now have a /Applications, and within that another /Applications (so I have /var/Applications/Applications). Now it's only like 40MB, so it's not a huge deal at the moment since I still have 1.5GB free, but can I safely remove one of these (or both and redo it all) and if so, how? Other than that, no snags with the app, it's a great tool.

I tried the move ringtones, worked fine. Moved apps and the first time it looked like it finished (the circle disappeared) but the option was still there for move apps. I tried a reboot, no change. Then I clicked it again, this time it took longer and updated to say already moved. But, in /var I now have a /Applications, and within that another /Applications (so I have /var/Applications/Applications). Now it's only like 40MB, so it's not a huge deal at the moment since I still have 1.5GB free, but can I safely remove one of these (or both and redo it all) and if so, how? Other than that, no snags with the app, it's a great tool.

Please delete
    Last edited by chewy106; 2008-01-29 at 06:12 PM. Reason: double post due to timeout

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Big Boss - Having some problems moving apps. After I move them, I still seem to have a low limit. It doesn't even seem like I have a 300mb limit in the first place. Sure it isn't your tool as it has worked for me when other methods hadn't but wondering if there is something else that could be conflicting? Maybe I have more than one folder where there shouldn't be? I have 1.1.3 from an otb 1.1.2. Help! Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    Big Boss - Having some problems moving apps. After I move them, I still seem to have a low limit. It doesn't even seem like I have a 300mb limit in the first place. Sure it isn't your tool as it has worked for me when other methods hadn't but wondering if there is something else that could be conflicting? Maybe I have more than one folder where there shouldn't be? I have 1.1.3 from an otb 1.1.2. Help! Thanks
    Are you using Bosstool 0.35?. For 1.1.3 firmware, its mandatory to use 0.35 and not 0.34 as it doesn't work on 1.1.3 at all. When using 0.35, you won't be able to move applications (hopefully this will be fixed?) but you can at least move ringtones and fonts which free up 86mb of space!!. This should last you until bosstool gets updated to move applications for 1.1.3.

Many of us are having the same problem, which it was fine for <1.1.2, the moving apps function is broken in 1.1.3

Thanks for freeing up some space for me.

i just used boss tool .35 on my 1.1.3jb iphone and i moved everything including apps and saved 100+mb. It worked perfectly

thanks boss great app

Default Bosstool worked perfect the first time....
    Hereīs what happened to me:
    I was on otb 1.1.2, moved everything with Bosstool and it all worked fine.
    Then I did the "Dev team official 1.1.3 upgrade. Re-installed all the apps I had before, also Bosstool, ran it. It moved everything, but Re-installed apps that were installed when I bought it. QQ, Wetool and stuff I didnīt want! AND, sms,phone (contacts, keypad, etc) and a lot of apps wouldnīt work! Just crashed. I have now restored in iTunes (had to get rid of those pesky apps anyway), ran the Ziphone 2.4, Mac and all is well.
    So anyone have a clue why it would install these old apps and stuff???

Thanks, Maju
    Last edited by maju25; 2008-02-19 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks

Ok so with BossTool, more space does not equal more apps on a 1.1.3?
    Is this correct?

Also when you say apps does that also include installed books, dictionaries, anything without a icon or a means to execute?

Also reading this does this move the apps of doesn't it?
    It appears some say yes, while other say no.

Thanks

Same for me: Can move fonts and ringtones but not Appīs. When try the "circal" just comes up and after that a flash and went back to nothing happen!? Have restore my from beginning 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.3 by iTunes and then run ZiPhone 2.4. "BigBoss" u maybe know best right??

Anybody know how to fix the BossTool issue about several Applications folders??

as this: /private/var/root/Applications_ROOT/Applications <------ in the last one I have double set of all apps

then even this one: and in the /"harddrive icon one" I have one more Applications <-----in this one more 3 part apps that I have install.

Anyone know how to "clean" it up with out fail by SSH-Cyberduck Mac-program????
    Is there any of this Applications I would delete? Be coz as it is now I canīt move my Apps by BossToll. I have move the Ringtones and Fonts so far but when try to move apps it just shot down!?

ps. I run 1.1.3 upgraded with ZiPhone 2.4 from 1.0.2--->1.1.1--->1.1.2--->1.1.3
    Last edited by maz; 2008-02-26 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    //Hackīz

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Hi,
    very new to this forum, never actually looked through it since i jailbroke my phone from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2. it is set at 1.0.2
    BossTools worked for me and I was able to move everything. i only did it once but i need to do it again for the Apps. Everytime i go to BossTools it says everything is "already moved" and i cant free up any more disk space. Is it only a one time thing? if i can do it again what are the procedures?
    next question
    where do the files go? I want to add NES ROMs and play them, but it wont show up when i open the NES application because the stuff got moved and I cant seem to find it when I search my phone through ibrickr.
    I am a little outdated and need to know what other apps i need to install and what i can do from here on. if you can PM me info or whatever that would be great. thanks!

does bosstools support 1.1.4 yet?

i used it for 1.1.4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast