Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwapLibrary.app

Works great on 1.1.4

Just add http://losprog.com/repo.xml to the Sources in Installer.app
    Then look under Utilities for SwapLibrary, install, and you are done!

Jazbo8

i've downloaded the attachment on my pc but not sure how u get this on the iphone
    im all new to this and need some help

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Hi Guys, I took yomamma's advice, and here it is. Thanks to the makers of SwapPhoto and SwapTunes for the ideas and the coding. SwapLibrary will switch your Music/Video and Photos libraries all at once.

This has been tested and working on 1.1.2, should work for all previous versions.

Feel free to put this on the MMi source PF.
    how can i add this through the installer? if not, what are the steps to install this app through the .zip file attached? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo_Ohki2 View Post
    Works for me on 1.1.4
    1. I made sure I had BSD Subsystem, and OpenSSH installed. (If you haven't, then install it)
    2. Added source from Sproglet.. "http://losprog.com/repo.xml"
    3. Installed SwapLibrary.
    4. I SSH onto the iPod Touch and typed in "chmod -R 755 /Applications/*"
    5. Started SwapLibrary.. and voila!!

Hopes this clears it up for some people!
    Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but can someone tell me what "chmod -R 755 /Applications/*" does? I have to set permissions through other programs so can't do that. Does it just set permissions of the whole applications directory to 755?
    I'm very cautious because I used this program before and it wiped my whole library...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacktaylor73 View Post
    Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but can someone tell me what "chmod -R 755 /Applications/*" does? I have to set permissions through other programs so can't do that. Does it just set permissions of the whole applications directory to 755?
    I'm very cautious because I used this program before and it wiped my whole library...
    That is exactly what that command does. And it isn't really necessary to do it on all the entire Applications folder. Just need to make sure that the swapLibrary.sh within the SwapLibrary.app folder has those permissions. The easiest way I have found is to use WinSCP (described in many other places) and then navigate the swapLibrary.sh, right click on the file and choose Properties, then change the Octal number to 755.

Good Luck

Talking Omg! You helped me!
    Quote Originally Posted by blatz View Post
    i tried to search more in the filesystem to find the messed up files, but i canīt find anything. I think the freespace problem is database releated

i didnīt find a solution yet.

if you find something, please tell me petriux

€: i found a solution, itīs not really nice but you donīt have to restore the iphone completely!
    After this you have to restore the backup in iTunes of your Library, be sure that you have one!! My Contacts, SMS, etc. are still available

1. Connect to iPhone via WinSCP (CLOSE iTunes before!)
    2. Browse to ~/private/var/mobile/Media/ << my place
      (~/var/root/Media/ is also possible)
    3. Delete both folders "iTunes_Control" and "iTunes_Control_2"
    4. Reboot your iPhone
    5. After reboot, check iPod on the iPhone there is no music available all things went correct
    6. Start iTunes
    7. The restore Library screen appears in iTunes
    8. Select your Backup and restore
    9. After restore look at "capacity bar" at the bottom, the FreeSpace is now about 6,5GB, "Other Files" should be around 400-500MB (related to your files before it should be now without the messed up Music files)
    10. Now navigate in iTunes to Music, sync it (you should sync your main iTunes)
    11. After that look at capacity bar, check the free space (or Audio)
    12. Open iPod on iPhone, there should be now your Library available
    13. Now youīll be free to use SwapTunes again or not, i didnīt use it at the moment, but i think iīll give it a news chance in the next days.

If there are any questions, ask ;-)

Update: I used the Swap.app today at the office, sync my music there and things are looking good. we will see how long ;-)

I've got the same problem as yours at first..."no music" thingy after syncing! so i decided to delete the SwapLibrary witout worryin' about my saved music...but then after when i connected my iPhone to my PC iTunes won't read my iPhone..so i surfed the net for 3 days!!!i found this thread at first i just ignored...but then when i read "delete folder iTunes_Control... i've got an app. named "Finder" i hit it and look for this damned folder i found it and hit it and delete it... i went on home screen connected my iPhone on PC and viola! IT WORKED! PRAISE GOD! and thank you for givig the idea to delete the damned folder.. :/ i wont use any swapping thingy ever T_T not anymore... play safe, live safe Mode... hehehe thanks again!as well as to this thread thanks!

The problem with SwapLibrary/Tunes recently is to do with permissions and being able to kill the music player app.
    Rebooting your iPhone/iPod and immediately running SwapLibrary/Tunes takes the music player out of memory fully and allows the swap to work.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456