Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwapLibrary.app

Default SwapLibrary
    Can someone please put swapLibrary in MMI source. I'm not seeing it. I have 1.1.3 jailbroken but when i try to install swaptunes, it states I need 1.1.2 or earlier version firmware.

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laddidad For This Useful Post:

dogspinner (2008-02-19)

I've put it (and a version of swapTunes that works on 1.1.3) on my repo for now.

http://losprog.com/repo.xml

You'll find them under Utilities.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sproglet For This Useful Post:

asi (2008-03-04), canadaFone (2008-07-01), slickrick21 (2008-02-18)

Hey Sproglet,

I installed your repo, and installed both swaplibrary and swaptunes, but they both don't seem to work. When I run both programs, the swapping screen comes on for about ten seconds, then goes away, yet all my media is still there. Any suggestions?

One thing I did notice though, previously when i had 1.1.1, when running swaptunes, the screen would stay for about 3 seconds, and then disappear, even though I had the same amount of media on it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What version are you running? 1.1.3? What upgrade method?

I've seen problems where the "swap" folder is still there after an upgrade and has the wrong permissions (still set as root)

I'll see if I can come up with something quickly.

Give me a few minutes.

Hey Sproglet, thanks for your reply.

I'm running 1.1.3... upgraded through the ZiPhone application using windows.

Most strange. Could be a left behind file I suppose.

Check the Repo. There is a new package under Tools called FixPerms

It will change owner of all files under /var/mobile to mobile:wheel (the correct permissions )

If you need to fix them again at some point because something has damaged them then if you go to uninstall the package it will only give the option to reinstall.

Let me know how you get on.

Hey Sproglet,

I just tried installing FixPerms, but its giving me the Main Execution script failed error every time I try installing. Anything else I can try?

Thanks a lot for your help.

You must have got the version that was up when I was debugging.

Refresh your sources and try again.

The current version (0.2) works.

Hey... I tried with 0.2, and it didnt work. I just restored it again with 1.1.3, activated and jailbroke with Ziphone, and now Swaplibrary/Fixperms works like a charm. Thanks a LOT for your help. Great app!

Dude Mad Props!!! The App Works Perfect!!! Been Trying For Days To Get It Working On My Phone Until Today =-d
    YES YES THE COOLEST iPHONE OWNER AT WORK... INDEED

13. The Following User Says Thank You to slickrick21 For This Useful Post:

bbchinho (2008-03-10)

Thanks Sproglet install it in my 1.1.2 and works fine : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproglet View Post
    I've put it (and a version of swapTunes that works on 1.1.3) on my repo for now.

http://losprog.com/repo.xml

You'll find them under Utilities.

hey i have 1.1.1 software on my iphone and i want t odownload swaplibrary and use it. which swaplibrary link do i download? also, when i use winscp to put it on my phone, what folder should it go in (ex:var/root/media? etc. which one) any info would hepful.

Quote Originally Posted by byoung1447 View Post
    hey i have 1.1.1 software on my iphone and i want t odownload swaplibrary and use it.
    The version in my repo works on all iPhones up to v 1.1.3 so 1.1.1 will be fine That way you can let installer do all the work for you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sproglet For This Useful Post:

icepick4u (2008-02-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Sproglet View Post
    The version in my repo works on all iPhones up to v 1.1.3 so 1.1.1 will be fine That way you can let installer do all the work for you.
    what is your repo in installer called? Do I need to add a new source? Because I don't see swaplibrary anywhere in installer? Please answer

It's already in this thread.

Add http://losprog.com/repo.xml

You'll find it listed under Utilities.

ok, sorry for the questions, but i downloaded the program and ran it but my music and videos were still there, it didnt move them to allow me to sync with another itunes. I had this same issue when i tried swaptunes as well. I have bsd subsystem installed, what am i doing wrong?

Work's like a charm in ziphoned 1.1.3
    first fixperms
    then swaplib

correction , this Sh** kill my sound slider
    no one sound come out to the phone, and make all operation laggy

don't install in any way
    and for second time, restore, ziphone and load all the stuff again
    Last edited by icepick4u; 2008-02-21 at 08:38 AM.

anybody have any idea why this program isnt switching my library to an empty one?? I run it, it says swapping your library for a couple of secs and then nothing, absolutely nothing is different than before. Somebody please explain how to get this working. I have 1.1.1 on my phone and have bsd subsystem 2.1, open ssh is also installed. Why isn't it working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byoung1447 View Post
    anybody have any idea why this program isnt switching my library to an empty one?? I run it, it says swapping your library for a couple of secs and then nothing, absolutely nothing is different than before. Somebody please explain how to get this working. I have 1.1.1 on my phone and have bsd subsystem 2.1, open ssh is also installed. Why isn't it working?
    That's exactly all you're going to see when you run it. It doesn't "create" an empty library, it swaps existing ones.

1. Run MobileMusicPlayer to ensure your regular library is loaded.
    2. Run swaplibrary
    3. Plug the iPhone into iTunes and it will be recognized as a "new" phone.
    4. Name it something new
    5. Sync your newly created selections (music/video/photos)

Now, everytime you run swaplibrary, it will switch back and forth between the two.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    That's exactly all you're going to see when you run it. It doesn't "create" an empty library, it swaps existing ones.

1. Run MobileMusicPlayer to ensure your regular library is loaded.
    2. Run swaplibrary
    3. Plug the iPhone into iTunes and it will be recognized as a "new" phone.
    4. Name it something new
    5. Sync your newly created selections (music/video/photos)

Now, everytime you run swaplibrary, it will switch back and forth between the two.
    im new to all this so, I'm assuming mobilemediaplayer is the iPod function. When I open that all my regular stuff is still there. I run swaplibrary and all my regular stuff is still there. After running it I hook my phone up to another comp. And it says this phone has been synced with another comp, it does not recognize it as a new phone. Am i missing a step or is something not working right? Again im new to this so any info is valuable to me. Please continue to help. Thank you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast