Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe for iPhone - Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, notes

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    We have looked at the case of zyb, and it looks like there are some problems with the way they have their server setup. We could code in a workaround, but then, it's not really syncml anymore, and if they do decide to fix it (which they will, eventually), our workaround no longer works.
    I would like to contact ZYB and point out the problem. Can you tell me what's exactly causing the problem? Private message is also OK
    Thanks.

Love the app as I was using to sync with mobical.net. But today upgraded to FW 1.1.3
    using Elite/Devs way and the app does not stay active. Screen is there for a second or 2 and than shuts down...

Finally got this working.
    I'm running Nates jailbreak 1.1.3 FW.
    Goosync Premium account for sync'ing with "Google Calendar" and "Goosync Contacts".
    At first I was having problems with Goosync contacts when I tried to sync Contacts from Goosync to an empty iPhone. --->Phone numbers were not being recognized by caller ID.
    So, I emptied Goosync contacts and sync'ed non-corrupted contacts from iPhone to an empty Goosync. Now it sync's changes I make from either side.

I now have OTA sync capabilities for Calendar and Contacts.

Default How to run SyncJE under user 'mobile' on FW 1.1.3?
    I originally upgraded to FW 1.1.3 using Dev/Elite method, but have since done a restore and used the new ZiPhone method instead of the previous Frankenstein version of the FW. SyncJE has the same issue of immediately closing when opened as it did with the Dev method did due to it running apps under the user "mobile" instead of "root".

I've read that one of the things that Nate True's method does is remaps the "mobile" user to the GUID of the "root" user which effectively makes them pretty much the same. I've tried changing ownership of SyncJE in terminal without any resolution. I was just wondering if anyone has come up with or heard about possible solutions to fix apps to run under the "mobile" user on 1.1.3 properly?

does syncML work with 1.1.3? i dont think it does.

any response to this 1 hr time lag??? im also now getting events that i edit on google looking kind of like TA%*#L instead of T&L

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu View Post
    Love the app as I was using to sync with mobical.net. But today upgraded to FW 1.1.3
    using Elite/Devs way and the app does not stay active. Screen is there for a second or 2 and than shuts down...
    try making /usr/share read/writable by everyone (chmod a+rw /usr/share) that got me further along.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    try making /usr/share read/writable by everyone (chmod a+rw /usr/share) that got me further along.

Have you managed to sync with this? or simply get the app to stay open (which is all I managed to achieve!)

Many thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.1
    SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.1 is LIVE

We have just released an update to SyncJe for iPhone.

Version 1.1.1 changelog:
    - Works with all iPhone firmware up to 1.1.3
    - Lots of bugfixes and better error messages
    - Major improvements with Oracle compatibility
    - Enhanced system file management during and after a sync
    - Rewording of the app description and post install instructions
    - Better recurrance handling

Upgrading is recommended, and free. The installer app should notify you within 24 hours that there is an update available.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, please reply.

So, what would people like to see next?

- Autosync
    - Autoconfig
    - Delete all
    - Sync with more servers (which?)
    - Nexthaus providing a sync server

Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    I would like to contact ZYB and point out the problem. Can you tell me what's exactly causing the problem? Private message is also OK
    Thanks.
    The description I have is:
    "It appears the server does not send the Sync block for Contacts after getting the getting the Sync block for the client."

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    any response to this 1 hr time lag??? im also now getting events that i edit on google looking kind of like TA%*#L instead of T&L
    I believe that this was fixed. So much was released in this version, it has been hard to keep track.
    Last edited by LouN; 2008-02-29 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    The description I have is:
    "It appears the server does not send the Sync block for Contacts after getting the getting the Sync block for the client."
    Contacted ZYB and forwarded that quote. I hope they will be quick with the fix Thanks LouN.

Hi LouN

Thanks for the new version of SyncJe. Now I could start the application without modding the userrights and creating several links.

BUT

I can not use this version for syncing because of some heavy and strange problems!

1.) It could not sync with my scheduleworld account. When I start the first sync, it stops with "Error: host not found", but if I just restart the sync after this message without leaving SyncJe, then the application can contact the host and starts syncing, but after 50 - 60 entries in my calendar, I got again the "host not found error" and again and again and again

2.) because of some other problems with scheduleworld, I opened a new account at memotoo. Here I have no "host not found" error, But strange entries in my calendar after sync with no relation to my original entries shown in outlook and at memotoo itself (syncing outlook <-> memotoo <-> thunderbird lightning works like a charm without any problems) and some missing informations (Address entries are not synced) after syncing my contacts

3.) I tried mobical, but there I have problems with the timezones (1 hour difference) and there is no possibility to config this there

For me, this tool is right now far away from usefull

for your information: with the funambol iphone application, I can sync my contacts without any missing information and with SyncML2iPhone, I can sync at least my scheduleworld calendar one-way (the only option with this tool) from the server to the iphone. (and by the way, the 1.0.3 verion on a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iphone have had no problems with scheduleword sync beside timezone settings and special chars.)

I hope, this errors could be fixed!

Many thanks

betonmoewe

sounds as though im gonna hold back on this upgrade for a while. i did an upgrade last week and nothign would sync, just went back to the homescreen. and it put me back on a 15 day trial. the original version i had, (1.0.2 or something) is the only one i have been successful in getting to sync without time lag errors etc. ive gone bak to that one for now. its annoying cos this is a great app, but it seems updates are being shipped out without sorting out or correcting existing problems, and possibly introducing new ones. i hate it when that happens.

i am having the same problem as betonmoewe

everytime i try to sync with scheduleworld i keep getting host not found error and no matter how many times i try it it still gives me the error

i have checked the URI many times i am using the numbers for the username not the email and my password is correct....any solutions?

it works perfect for me
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

I'm still unable to get it to work with our Oracle 10g server.

I've noticed that there is a profile for the nexthaus blackberry sync, is there one for the iPhone also? and are there any other configuration settings that might need to be made on the server?

Oh, btw, I forgot to ask about this, but is anybody here in the beta program for the Tasks/Notes on GooSync? I am, but it isn't working too well.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Default any further development ?
    is there any further development or is this application just dead ? No answer form support, no answer here... what's going on?

Why, is something wrong with it? It works fine for me, and I have contacted support several times. Try their live support if you have to.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

@ksong12

see my posts in this threat. I can not sync with this tool (strange calendar entries, corrupt calendar database after sync and other problems) and there is no answer or further help ... I also wrote several email to nexhaus support about my problems, but only automated emails, that my email arrived returned

What service are you trying to sync to? It's working fine with GooSync. Make sure you enter the Folder name correctly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast