Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP] Converter.app - Units Converter for iPhone

that'll be great! computer storage!! How many megabytes is 1 gigibyte? 1024! easy one!

Nice program

I have not found many useful programs and this is the first one I install.

My thanks to the developer, a donation is on its way.

Any chance you can add a mpg to litres/100km as these are two conversions that would be useful for people driving cars since in Canada and Europ we use one convention and Us they use another.

It requires multiple steps involving calcu;lator and converter app right now

I have a request too: can you add shoes and clothing measures? That'll be nice!! great app!

Quote Originally Posted by graphsic View Post
    I have a request too: can you add shoes and clothing measures? That'll be nice!! great app!

Yup this would be a great addition to this already fabulous app.

Really, one of the most useful apps for the iphone along with smsd.

Cheers, Vikas.

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirk View Post
    Counting on your donations I've switched the currency rates service provider. Now you should be able to see more currencies: People were asking for Ukraine Hryvnia, Latvian Lat, Ethiopian Birr - it's all inside now, just refresh the rates from Settings screen. Let me know if anything goes wrong and Enjoy
    great work with the currency rates !!!

May I suggest one more thing - would it be possible to put the most commonly used currencies (USD, EUR, UKP) on the top so that you dont have to scroll through them alphabetically ?

Or have a setting for two or three preferred currencies that get displayed on the top ?

Guys,
    I've just released v0.18 which includes shoe-size conversions (will add more later), computer storage conversions, fuel consumption and more...
    One request: before I release it to everyone (into installer), can you please test it a little and let me know if it actually works?
    http://iphone-converter.googlecode.c...app.-0.18b.zip
    Thanks!
    Last edited by vladimirk; 2008-01-18 at 01:03 AM.

sorry I can't test it right now.... My router in combination with my iPhone and SSH is not a good one so I only can use installer.app and not ssh at the moment....

Guys,
    I've just released v0.18 which includes shoe-size conversions (will add more later), computer storage conversions, fuel consumption and more...
    One request: before I release it to everyone (into installer), can you please test it a little and let me know if it actually works?
    http://iphone-converter.googlecode.c....app.-0.18.zip
    Thanks!
    Hi!

Great app so far and let me tell you that the other two people are right with their suggestions. The clothing and the settings for the US and EURO to be set as main currency will be great

Keep up the good work!!

Ohh yeah people! Please donate for this great app

Later,
    RaMod

ps: I'll let u know if I found any bugs in the new vers.

Guys,
    http://iphone-converter.googlecode.c....app.-0.18.zip
    Thanks!
    Hi!

Great app so far and let me tell you that the other two people are right with their suggestions. The clothing and the settings for the US and EURO to be set as main currency will be great

Keep up the good work!!

Ohh yeah people! Please donate for this great app

Later,
    RaMod

ps: I'll let u know if I found any bugs in the new vers.
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-01-17 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

GREAT App... But after you switched the currency rates service provider it appears that some currencies have disapeared (BG Leva).

when will be the new version in Installer.app? I want to check out the storage and the shoe sizes!

:-) Just installed latest version and it's OK with currencies (BGL)... TESTING...

It appears that after fresh install the currency list is different than that after the online update is made
    Last edited by Shwe; 2008-01-18 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Also i think there is a small mistake in the Men's Shoe Sizes:
    Europe - 35
    Japan - 20 (should be 21.5)
    UK, Australia - 2 (should be 3)
    US, Canada - 2.5 (should be 3.5)

1. The v0.18b is in intstaller now.
    2. Indeed it's important to refresh the currencies after installation (or update)
    3. Shoe/clothing sizes are really confusing. I've found a lot of websites with contradictory information.... In the v0.18b I've used the data from following site: http://www.asknumbers.com/ShoeSizeMensConversion.aspx
    I need your advice here, if it's totally wrong - please let me know (also let me know if you have a better source for the conversion information, so I could use it in the next version).

it doesn't work right. I mean the menus are messed up. Won't take me back, won't accept my size etc...

Mileage calculator is wrong too. The miles per gallon litres/100 kmis wrong.

Tried the first 0.18b but it didn't even run: when I started the app it just crashed back to the main menu.

Let's see if this one works better

Cheers.

JM
    Last edited by joemontana; 2008-01-18 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joemontana View Post
    Tried the first 0.18b but it didn't even run: when I started the app it just crashed back to the main menu.

Let's see if this one works better

Cheers.

JM
    Every version has worked perfectly fine on my iPhone as well as my wife's. Are your permissions set to 755?

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

older versions worked perfectly. The new one has some bugs

I've noticed that when you update to a new version via installer, sometimes it crashes when you start. My solution has been to uninstall converter via installer, then install again. installing over an existing version seems to cause problems.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast