Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP] Converter.app - Units Converter for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Not sure if someone has pointed this out before, but the number pad on the converter is organised a bit odd...

1-2-3 is on the last row, while 7-8-9 is topmost.

This is different from how we are kinda used to. Also, if the 0 is on the last row on the right, and backspace and clear on the top, this would be more conventional.

I'm not sure how the rest feel, or is there an easy way to fix this by myself.

Thank you for your great app!
    1-2-3 is on the last row on every calculator and PC keyboard I know (on phones 1-2-3 is on the first row). As for '0' place - I wanted to preserve some sequence: '7,8,9,0'. It would be weird if it would be '1,2,3,0'; But I'm open for suggestions, anyone else thinks that '0' should be at the bottom, and '<-,C' at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Hi Vladimir,

I'm not sure if this is helpful or its what you are looking for, but have you checked the "Tools" drop down menu at xe.com (Currency converter)? They are a free web-based forex (I use xe.com for all my forex info needs). Some of the tools listed are:

- Current and Historical Rate tables
    - Email currency update service
    - currency charts
    - currency data feeds service (A professional-grade foreign exchange rate data service available in a variety of formats (including XML) and designed for commercial use in accounting systems, custom software, e-commerce sites, and more.)
    - lots more tools and features.

The best thing about it is that its free.

best,
    e
    I'm afraid it's free for personal use only...
    Last edited by vladimirk; 2008-01-09 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vladimirk For This Useful Post:

ral67 (2008-01-12)

It doesn't work for me! I got 1.1.1. Does that have anything to do with it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graphsic View Post
    It doesn't work for me! I got 1.1.1. Does that have anything to do with it?
    Are your permissions set to 755? I'm on 1.1.1 and it works fine. The first time I manually installed Converter, it didn't work for me cause the permissions weren't set to 755.

If you are on a Mac, use a FTP client (Transmit, Fetch, Cyberduck, etc.) to navigate to Converter.app (~/Applications/Converter.app) and "Get Info" (cmd+i). Make sure it is 755 in the box. Click on "Apply".

Cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

I did exactly what you said with Transmit! When I launch converter.app it just shows to logo in the middle of my screen and then after a few seconds it quits automaticly!

regarding exchange rate conversion

If you cant find a web provider it would still be usefull to have a custom conversion where one can just manually enter the exchange rate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graphsic View Post
    I did exactly what you said with Transmit! When I launch converter.app it just shows to logo in the middle of my screen and then after a few seconds it quits automaticly!
    Ya, that was what it was doing when I installed it manually the first time.

Make sure you have all the "Execute" boxes marked. Here's a screenshot...

NOTE: Make sure you are "Getting Info" (cmd+i) on the Converter document that is inside the Converter.app folder (~/Applications/Converter.app/Converter).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -converter.app.jpg  
    Last edited by echo; 2008-01-10 at 07:16 AM.

that's it! thanks!!! I had the main file on 775 but inside there were some troubles! Thanks!

FYI: I've just released a new version (v0.17) that contains currency conversion. Let me know if it works for you

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vladimirk For This Useful Post:

echo (2008-01-11), harrisonpowers (2008-01-11), jrentzke (2008-01-11), ral67 (2008-01-12)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hey, PM me when you release new versions with a download link so I can update Installer.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I just got the new version and it is great. Thanks for the great app vladimirk. Keep up the good work!

Looking fabulous Vladimir, the currency is working flawlessly. THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes! working great! thanks again!

Excellent! The currency converter works very well, thank you!

currency conversion is working soooo well. this is definitely coming in handy on my trib to the west indies thanks!!

Thanks

an awesome addition. Just in time for my 3 month trip to Asia. Thanks Vladimir, your app is well worth the $$ donated.

best,
    e

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirk View Post
    FYI: I've just released a new version (v0.17) that contains currency conversion. Let me know if it works for you
    Awesome!

The app has everything I need now!

this is a great utility, i got caught out when i was asked to convert some weight to tonne or vice versa. it didnt have tonne. and also it didnt have pint (uk) just US.

will try and get the latest version to check out the currency conversion. strange that its not showing as an update in installer.

App works great ..keep up the good work

Counting on your donations I've switched the currency rates service provider. Now you should be able to see more currencies: People were asking for Ukraine Hryvnia, Latvian Lat, Ethiopian Birr - it's all inside now, just refresh the rates from Settings screen. Let me know if anything goes wrong and Enjoy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vladimirk For This Useful Post:

iBlade (2008-01-17)

Amazing app you've got so far!
    My main request: computer storage (mb,gb,etc.)

The converter I used for a long time, iConvert, also has some other conversions that you could incorporate into your app. =D

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast