Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP RELEASE] SMS Notify (vibrates)

Quote Originally Posted by reptile347 View Post
    I hope someone can make a GUI with the following issues fixed.

-Program needs to cut if the phone is shut off. Right now if you shut it off without dialing out it makes the phone lag at start up and plays the sound before spingboard comes up

-Program needs to cut after missed calls are viewed/bubble cleared from screen instead of having to call out.

-Program need to run even after the phone is asleep like NES does

-Program needs to alert even on calls marked as Unknown.

-Program needs to restart every time a new call comes in. Right now once you call out to cancel the sound it won't restart again unless you reboot.

If you have any other issues add them here and I am going to make a new post in the App Request section with all the issues adressed.

BTW I got it to continue making the noise by setting it at 15 secs and making my ringtone 10secs by adding silence to it. The thing is I think the reason its working like this is that by doing this the phone is not going to sleep being that the time between alerts is too short so it may drain the battery a lot.
    You must understand this is not a program...not a program...not a program.

This is a script file calling up the sms database file and examining for changes only. The script runs upon startup and if you have modded file for last call entry your issue with having to make acall the clear it may explain why on power up you get sound still as missed call is still present as last call in callhistory database.

This script and modified call history script do not look at proper data for bubbles thus if unread or still red ( missed call ) at top of callhistory database it will alaerty and is functioning normally.

As for the once alerted and used and new call/sms not working... Original and modded script works for myself without reboots required for next alert.

As for making it run in sleep mode like NES, i beleive that this script needs to be made into a program todo so.

Looking at Erica's Utilities -- It maybe more better to use unixtimestamping and using the alarms command

As alarms will work in background ( sleepmode ) and awake phone with alarms command.
    Last edited by theguyz; 2008-01-05 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know its not a program yet just a code file but I am trying to get a list of bugs together that need to be addressed with the GUI program.
    To me it seems that since this is possible now w/o a program and originally for sms I have no question that it can be made into a fully functional program. I am no coder though so we need to interest one.This seems to be an app that has been ignored.

I am trying to figure out why it works differently on different phones with mine not showing unknown calls and only alerting once while it seems you don't have that problem but its the same code.

Last edited by theguyz; 2008-01-08 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theguyz For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2008-01-06), porktart (2008-01-06)

Sorry I guess my phone is too f'n picky.
    The new code does not work for me at all so I wnet back to the old one for now.

The blocked calls on my phone show up as red.

@theguyz - thanks for that, will play around with this.

Quote Originally Posted by reptile347 View Post
    Sorry I guess my phone is too f'n picky.
    The new code does not work for me at all so I wnet back to the old one for now.

The blocked calls on my phone show up as red.
    I'm not sure which erica's utilities i have loaded that give alarms/restart, check your /var/root/bin directory.

Try adding this for blocked calls:

d=`$sql /var/root/Library/CallHistory/call_history.db 'select count(*) from call where flags=8 and duration=0 and ROWID=(select max(ROWID) from call)'`;
    if [ "$d" -gt 0 ]
    then
    $vibrate &
    fi

also as always a restart of phone required once file changed.

I installed then uninstalled this script, but still notice a steep drop in my battery life. I wonder if something is calling for this script when I turn the phone on and because it's unable to find this script, keeps trying. Do you know where I can find the file that calls this script? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy2007 View Post
    I installed then uninstalled this script, but still notice a steep drop in my battery life. I wonder if something is calling for this script when I turn the phone on and because it's unable to find this script, keeps trying. Do you know where I can find the file that calls this script? Thanks!
    smsnotify located in /usr/local/smsnotify directory - delete all files and directory

and system library, launchdeamons. net.ations.cre.smsnotify.plist.

Pondering...why many cannot uninstall these scripts as I have installed uninstalled successfully from installer and all files are deleted and battery life regained.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to theguyz For This Useful Post:

iphoneguy2007 (2008-01-07)

Ok I am wondering if maybe there is some program preventing this from working while sleeping on my phone.

I found out if I get a call and it is sleeping it won't work. The only way it works is if I leave the phone on with never as auto lock and watch springboard reboot 2 mins later it will go off, however if the phone gets a call and goes into sleep it will not go off till i wake it up and let it reboot while on.

I will stick with the older way for now till maybe a Gui comes out.
    This method is good though, the alarm was not that annoying but the only thing that bugged me was the rebot of springboard which i would hope a program would not have because it would reboot if you were in the middle of something and it pretty much prevents games from being played.

ah. i figured out that it wasn't this program causing the rogue SSH process to run

so any stable one for missed calls that does not mess up ur phone and truly work :?

Still needs work.

Agreed. Not ideal....Yet.

A present until I have time to do more:

Attached is scw_missedcalls.zip.
    Unzip and copy scw_missedcalls somewhere on your iPhone (I suggest /var/root/bin where Erica's utils are stored).
    chmod +x scw_missedcalls

Now you can use this in the script like
    d=`/var/root/bin/scw_missedcalls`

and d will contain the number of calls in the missed calls bubble, or zero if no calls are missed.

This uses the correct calls to update when you view your missed calls.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-01-09 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added attachment
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

theguyz (2008-01-10)

i have got this working well... y only problem is it will only work in sleep mode of my iphone is plugged into the pc? if not it wont work in sleep mode?
    has anyone got any idea why this is?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile SMS Notify: thank you!
    wonderful... works well! Vibrates in sleep mode too.

any update for missedcalls with sound and working 100%

21. The Following User Says Thank You to at004 For This Useful Post:

reptile347 (2008-02-02)

I'm still waiting as well. There was talk of making a program with GUI, would be nice, otherwise, some sort of tutorial on how to modify SMSNotify to beep instead of vibrate (and add missed calls) would be sweet!

I'm considering poking around myself but a little scared to start poking around inside without guidance ...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to chico_can For This Useful Post:

BLACKSTEEL1 (2008-04-24)

Sadly it seems interest was lost in this. I posted a thread in app requests but got no responce there. It is possible someone is working on it an djust did not post that tehy are till it is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    lets first see if you can get any sound as a reminder. Unzip this file and put it in place of the original smsnotify.sh file.

Then reboot the phone - important

This should notify you of a missed call or received sms with the 'Digital' sound, for every 10 seconds. I know, this will drive one nuts, but it's just to see if you get anything. The script can be changed afterwards.

Make sure you check the permissions.

Sorry, the attachment button doesn't seem to work for me now, so here is the file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2up866
    Thanks jrentzke, your script works alright in my phone. Just one thing - when the phone auto-locks, or if i lock it myself, no sounds play. Any way around this?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast