Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on AT&T -- I went online and checked my features today (after adding media net - $0.25 per message yesterday - and having MMS sending now work on AT&T) and under messaging plans it says " IMB UNLTD SMS/MMS Text/MMS billing is on a 4-5 day lag, so it will be interesting to see if I am actually charged for MMS, but I expect if I am charged, I have a hard copy of my plan from the website showing UNLTD SMS/MMS which I can show them.... anyone else have a comment on this?

Thanks

Man i want this, but hopefully MR.JOBS will just tell the president that we can move out of IRAQ and to allow MMS on the iphone...Since he acts like god anyways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those who are interested!

T-MOBILE UK MMS SETTINGS ARE :

MMSC: mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002
    Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080

That is for the UK only

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I am on AT&T -- I went online and checked my features today (after adding media net - $0.25 per message yesterday - and having MMS sending now work on AT&T) and under messaging plans it says " IMB UNLTD SMS/MMS Text/MMS billing is on a 4-5 day lag, so it will be interesting to see if I am actually charged for MMS, but I expect if I am charged, I have a hard copy of my plan from the website showing UNLTD SMS/MMS which I can show them.... anyone else have a comment on this?

Do me a favor...once you log into ATT and you are at the "account overview" page, click on "rate plan and features" link...(it's almost in the middle of the page, just under the main orange navigation bar)...once you're in there, scroll to the bottom and tell me what it lists under the "Added Features" section...

Thanks...

Brian

Thanks

It would be cool if it had the option for us locked att customers to simulate MMS, by this i mean it would use our email but give us the option to pick what carrier we are sending it to and automatically enter there MMS info then we enter the 10 digit number and it sends.....that way WERE INCLUDED IN ALL THE FUN IN SOMEWAY....I know it's alot of work but what the Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by taotechad View Post
    Finally works great!!! firm 1.1.2 ATT settings mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032 also if you are on the att locked iphone plan you must call att and tell them, you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25 cent per mms package to your plan. It took me three calls to find an ATT operator that could do it, but it can be done. They say that it will not guarantee to work in the "other phone" ha ha!! It worked immediatly after finishing the phone call. Hope this helps you guys!!

you are correct i had the same problem with the same settings. just keep calling ATT and tell them you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25cents per mms package to your plan. It took me 3 calls to find an operator that knew how to do it. just keep calling them untill you find someone.It worked immediatly after finishing my phone call. Good luck!!!

oh yea, they kept telling me the same thing about the plan but it can be done just keep calling to find a competant operator.
    I just called my ATT rep and asked for it. He added "multimedia messaging pay per use" and bingo, no fuss no muss, everything now works with the (posted everywhere) mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    It would be cool if it had the option for us locked att customers to simulate MMS, by this i mean it would use our email but give us the option to pick what carrier we are sending it to and automatically enter there MMS info then we enter the 10 digit number and it sends.....that way WERE INCLUDED IN ALL THE FUN IN SOMEWAY....I know it's alot of work but what the Hell.

Problem is that don't work much either...maybe the receiver needs to have a data plan??? I don't know...but ALL the people I tried that with it FAILED... or it got there 2 days later on 1 of them...

I did not call AT&T. I did not add an MMS plan either. I have had the iPhone since day one. I added the settings after installing 0.2 and it is just running. I sent 2 pics to a couple of my friends (they are on at&t also but do not have iPhones). One has a pearl and the other a nokia flip phone. 4 pics all received by them perfectly.

If Somebody have the setting for French carriers ( SFR in particular ) I wanna try if its working here... ? Thx

So i had to call twice and the second guy said he got an error trying to add the pay per use plan. He said he was able to overide it. I figured all was good but im still getting denial errors.. this is so frustrating.. ughhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    I did not call AT&T. I did not add an MMS plan either. I have had the iPhone since day one. I added the settings after installing 0.2 and it is just running. I sent 2 pics to a couple of my friends (they are on at&t also but do not have iPhones). One has a pearl and the other a nokia flip phone. 4 pics all received by them perfectly.
    what settings are you using...just wanna know it there the same

Great app, and I got it to work with my Rogers GSM here in Canada.

One issue I have is that there is not a seperate folder or place to store your wireless access apn or even an option to swap back and forth between the two. I was hoping you'd do a seperate profile for the mms.

Basically I've got to manually re enter the information every time I want to switch between my email and mms when I'm outside of a wifi connection.

Just a suggestion for the future. Include some type of switching or independant profile from the general apn settings for wap.

I'll keep an eye on this.. you are definately working the right path.

Hmm.. I was sort of successful at sending a image.
    I used the lowest quality image setting.
    Took a few hours for my friend to receive the message
    when he got it, he said it was a picture of a butterfly with a white "X" in the bottom right.
    I just realized, I never turned off WiFi.. How did it end up sending?

I am trying to send him another one now, but this time with WiFi disabled, and on Medium image quality.
    I'll report back what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    I just realized, I never turned off WiFi.. How did it end up sending?

I am trying to send him another one now, but this time with WiFi disabled, and on Medium image quality.
    I'll report back what happens.
    With v0.2 you don't have to switch WiFi off manually. The application takes care of that automatically :-)

/Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by warlock40 View Post
    One issue I have is that there is not a seperate folder or place to store your wireless access apn or even an option to swap back and forth between the two. I was hoping you'd do a seperate profile for the mms.

Basically I've got to manually re enter the information every time I want to switch between my email and mms when I'm outside of a wifi connection.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I follow... In v0.2 we introduced MMS-specific APN settings to solve this very problem. Do you configure those settings in SwirlyMMS?

/Tommy
    Last edited by tommysson; 2008-01-04 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is wut my features look like on Att site

Unlimited N&W $0.00
    900 Rollover Mins $0.00
    Unlimited Expd M2M $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    AT&T Domestic LD $0.00
    AT&T Direct Bill $0.00
    AT&T Roam LD $0.00
    Direct Bill Detail $0.00
    IPHONE DATA + 1500 $30.00
    EXPANDEDINTLROAM $0.00
    Multimedia PayPerUse $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by tommysson View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure I follow... In v0.2 we introduced MMS-specific APN settings to solve this very problem. Do you configure those settings in SwirlyMMS?

/Tommy
    Yeah but they over ride the setting in the general network settings to the mms apn perminently. So to switch back you need to re enter the apn settings in the general setting tab which overrides the mms apn information in the mms application tab.

Let me just tell you what I found out when I called AT&T About a texting problem.

You know when you normally get texted a picture it texts you a link to www.viewmymessage.com
    Well, apparently if you have "MMS" enabled on your account you won't get this text message, because there's a conflict.

I wasn't getting that message after I had upgraded to unlimited texts, and after about an hour on the phone and being transfered to and from Apple and AT&T they disabled that, and I would receive the text message.

Now, for some reason I'm not receiving the message again, but now this application is "working" for me.

I wonder if the MMS feature on my plan got enabled again.

I have no clue, just thought I'd share my story.
    Sorry if it doesn't make sense, it's late.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock40 View Post
    Yeah but they over ride the setting in the general network settings to the mms apn perminently. So to switch back you need to re enter the apn settings in the general setting tab which overrides the mms apn information in the mms application tab.
    Ok, seems like a bug to me :-( We will look into this.
    /Tommy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Do they add the Multimedia PayPerUse feature for free? And how much does it cost per message?

Failed to send MMS, The netowrk reported service denied, what is this and how can i fix this, I am on ATT, thanks all

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast