Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

I guess we are all stupid here, specially the guys who wrote the app, because according to you there is no use for it. And since you are the smartest one on here, we should make you the king of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    I guess we are all stupid here, specially the guys who wrote the app, because according to you there is no use for it. And since you are the smartest one on here, we should make you the king of the forum.
    No, just you and ANY at&t customer willing to pay .25 to send a pic when you can do it for free. That's DUMB! If you're an at&t customer this app is currently USELESS. Is that hard to figure out on your own? You can only get it to work by paying for the service. Now don't twist my words and add crap. The app is good for non-at&t users, but at&t users willing to pay a quarter a message just to send a pic when they can do that for free is DUMB!

People get so mad when you point out the obvious and wanna get angry cause they're justification to pay for something currently available for FREE doesn't match everyone else.

so how would you send it through #@ carrier settings? or do you guys mean e-mail in general? I'm not gonna pay $.25 for something thats supposed to be free in the data usage plan. I mean picture message and multimedia message is the same thing to me. I'm not sending a video i'm sending a picture. But if i'm paying $20 extra a month for unlimited data usage i should get all that for free. Jus my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    so how would you send it through #@ carrier settings? or do you guys mean e-mail in general? I'm not gonna pay $.25 for something thats supposed to be free in the data usage plan. I mean picture message and multimedia message is the same thing to me. I'm not sending a video i'm sending a picture. But if i'm paying $20 extra a month for unlimited data usage i should get all that for free. Jus my opinion.

Ok, there's a list of all the carrier settings/numbers that you can use to email a picture to someone and they'd get it as an MMS. What I did was find-out what carrier each of my closest contacts had and added a specific carrier MMS orriented email for that individual. So when I wanna send an MMS to someone I just click on the pic, and pull up their special email. Works like a charm and its FREE. Why any at&t customer would pay $.25 to send a pic is stupid. Its a shame they get upset when you bring it to their attention rather than wait on a working app and use the current FREE method, but, people like to waste money on stuff so it is what it is.

Im on AT&T i got it to work sent to my sister who is also on att but she has a razor but she keeps saying it says its too big to open the pic and i changed the settings to the smallest i could.

As far as sending the pics via email I have also tried this i have sent to friends on att and tmobile and both can not view the pics 4 wut reason i do not know.

I use [email protected] for one friend who is on att he doesnt have a iphone he always says it doesnt work or he gets no picture.

i send to friend on tmobile at [email protected] same thing she doesnt get the picture but they both get messages just cant see any picture

I have no problems emailing pics to Verizon or at&T users. As far as using Swirly can you post your magicall remedy, since everyone else on at&t can't send an MMS w/o adding the extra service.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    I have no problems emailing pics to Verizon or at&T users. As far as using Swirly can you post your magicall remedy, since everyone else on at&t can't send an MMS w/o adding the extra service.
    i did add the service

confirmed working on t-mobile US with the settings found at www.swirlyspace.com

although it did seem to take a LONG time for receiving party to receive, still REALLY cool. apple official 1.1.3 who? what? oh, i don't care about disk mode. i have MMS now. ;D

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH SWIRLY PEEPS!!

Quote Originally Posted by partyandbs View Post
    i did add the service

haha well gee, no wonder it "works' lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

imnotfunny (2008-01-03)

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    haha well gee, no wonder it "works' lol.
    im glad someone agrees with me.... this is only for people with other carriers, or those wanting to pay an extra 25cents...... i aint payin a red cent for jack &*#$ im already payin for unlimited everything, now i gotta pay extra to send a lousy pic..... why not make an app that figures out the carrier, and sends via email......which brings me to that camera pro app 20 bucks for an app that still has plenty bugs..... i rather wait for apple, im greatful to all these thrid party creators but, were getting out of hand here...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    im glad someone agrees with me.... this is only for people with other carriers, or those wanting to pay an extra 25cents...... i aint payin a red cent for jack &*#$ im already payin for unlimited everything, now i gotta pay extra to send a lousy pic..... why not make an app that figures out the carrier, and sends via email......which brings me to that camera pro app 20 bucks for an app that still has plenty bugs..... i rather wait for apple, im greatful to all these thrid party creators but, were getting out of hand here...
    agreed

This app and the MMS app conflict each other in the Installer.

I can confirm that the O2 UK settings on swirlyspace.com are functioning....I have tested 3 messages, within O2 network and cross-network and every message arrived correctly.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benkay View Post
    I can confirm that the O2 UK settings on swirlyspace.com are functioning....I have tested 3 messages, within O2 network and cross-network and every message arrived correctly.

Ben
    Hi, I have a o2 payg iphone and just want to ask if you still receive a text message telling you, you have received an mms.

It has been my experiance that if I send an mms after a few days I dont receive any message informing me that I need to go to the o2 website to view my received picture. It only works again if I ring o2 up to deactivate mms on my account.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Yesssss Sirrrrrr!!!! Finally Mms For Tmobile Users!!! Thanks To All Who Contributed, Excellent Late Xmas Gift And What A Way To Bring In The New Year!!! Cant Wait For The Update To Be Able To Receive Them.....again, Many Thanks!!!!

The previous version didn't work but this works for BATELCO in Bahrain.

MMSC: http://192.168.36.10/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 192.168.001.002:80
    APN: mms.batelco.com
    username: wap
    password: wap

If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Woot It works! I called ATT told them that lie about switching my sim card and getting .25 cent MMS plan added to the account, saved the previous settings, restarted my iPhone and sent a pic...BAM she got it in 5 secs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Confirmed Vodafone UK settings working!!!

MMSC: mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

Proxy: 212.183.137.012:8799

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

User name: [email protected]

Password: user

Green Apple
    Thanks

After calling AT&T for the (lost count of how many) time, they added the wrong feature to my phone and killed my Edge. Now I've got that back up and running again. They tell me if I can get a phone number of someone who has had this successfully added so they can look at it and add the correct feature (don't know which part of MMS Messaging pay per use 25 cents that can't comprehend) they will add it on. So my question is, if anyone out there would consider giving me their phone number through a private message, I would appreciate it. I know this sounds weird, but I just thought I'd ask.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIS UP AND RUNNING ON AT&T PHONES...

When you added MMS, did AT&T have to switch you from the Iphone data plan over to the mediaMax (non-iphone) data plan? The reason I ask is that a couple weeks ago I spent ALOT of time on the phone with a tech trying to figure this all out...he turned everything possible on in the "back-end" system...the ONLY way that sending MMS was possible was changing the ihpone data plan to the regular data plan...this would allow MMS with the Iphone SIM in a regular phone (the iphone SIM in a regular phone wouldn't send or receive MMS while the iphone data plan was active on the account).

So my question is, when requesting this "pay per use" MMS service, are they actually adding that to the iphone data plan, or are they switching you to a standard data plan?

The reason this is important is because if you DO NOT have an IPHONE data plan anymore, then you will lose ALL voicemail notification, as well as ALL visual voicemail features...I could do without visual voicemail, but I had to go back because I couldn't afford to not even know when I had a voicemail...because there was no longer ANY notification.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast