Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Ok now my edge settings are screwed

And i cant uninstall swirlyMMS either

Edit:

OK false alarm, after a full reset im up and running again, had to install swirlyMMS again even though it was still installed before i could uninstall it??
    Last edited by B1naryBand1t; 2008-01-02 at 10:01 PM.

Thumbs down TT mms not working?
    NEVER HAS WORKED FOR ME! I'm on ATT, firm 1.1.2, settings at mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032. I also heard that you have to call att to have mms enabled however, with the iphone package they say they cannot enable mms on their side. Any suggestions? please help

Works great on Vodafone New Zealand. Thanks.

if anyone has got this working on an o2-UK contract unlocked iphone, tell me your secret please )

WiFi Off Edge on and the settings as per swirly's home page and still no luck
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by tommysson View Post
    We know some of you (T-Mobile-US in particular, if I count the number of emails I have received) have waited a long time on this release... Finally, it is here :-) Damn those last 10% that takes 90% of the time...

So, in this v0.2 release we have added support for a MMS-specific APN, which allows many more of you to send MMSs! Also, a few bugs have been corrected (and maybe a few added ;-)), handling of the responses from the network has been improved, we have added image resize options and enabled erasure of the sent history.

This second release is still pretty rough and can only send MMSs. But we continue to develop it further, making the GUI a bit more polished and we will add the capability to receive MMSs. In fact, we have already done enough experimentation to say that we hopefully can release a v0.3 with receiving capabilities within 3-4 weeks. For whatever our time estimations are worth...

More info is available here and here.

Available via Installer from the Ste Packaging community source.

Have fun!

Tommy and Mats
    www.swirlyspace.com
    Finally works great!!! firm 1.1.2 ATT settings mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032 also if you are on the att locked iphone plan you must call att and tell them, you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25 cent per mms package to your plan. It took me three calls to find an ATT operator that could do it, but it can be done. They say that it will not guarantee to work in the "other phone" ha ha!! It worked immediatly after finishing the phone call. Hope this helps you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by taotechad View Post
    NEVER HAS WORKED FOR ME! I'm on ATT, firm 1.1.2, settings at mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032. I also heard that you have to call att to have mms enabled however, with the iphone package they say they cannot enable mms on their side. Any suggestions? please help
    you are correct i had the same problem with the same settings. just keep calling ATT and tell them you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25cents per mms package to your plan. It took me 3 calls to find an operator that knew how to do it. just keep calling them untill you find someone.It worked immediatly after finishing my phone call. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taotechad View Post
    Finally works great!!! firm 1.1.2 ATT settings mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032 also if you are on the att locked iphone plan you must call att and tell them, you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25 cent per mms package to your plan. It took me three calls to find an ATT operator that could do it, but it can be done. They say that it will not guarantee to work in the "other phone" ha ha!! It worked immediatly after finishing the phone call. Hope this helps you guys!!

you are correct i had the same problem with the same settings. just keep calling ATT and tell them you use the sim card in another phone and to add the 25cents per mms package to your plan. It took me 3 calls to find an operator that knew how to do it. just keep calling them untill you find someone.It worked immediatly after finishing my phone call. Good luck!!!
    oh yea, they kept telling me the same thing about the plan but it can be done just keep calling to find a competant operator.
    Last edited by taotechad; 2008-01-02 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In my 1.1.2 iPhone with TIM Italy, application works perfectly, but DOES NOT RESTORE MY ORIGINAL APN and my Internet connection doesn't work at all.
    I had to uninstall the Application and manually rechange the APN.

Thanks for all your work!
    Last edited by alexbard; 2008-01-02 at 11:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, can't seem to get anyone at AT&T to add this feature. The one girl I got that tried added the media net bundle pay per use to my phone which totally screwed my edge. Couldn't access it at all. I was on the phone over an hour getting them to fix edge again which I eventually did for myself. Think I'm going to give up.

I input the settings on my AT&T phone mmsc.cingular.com 066.209.011.032 and when i go to send the message it says "The network replied service denied" I called AT&T and they said i have unlimted data plan so that includes unlimited picture messaging. Unless picture messaging and Multimedia Messaging is different?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommysson View Post
    As stated on swirlyspace.com you will be able to receive MMSs in v0.3, due out within a few weeks.

/Tommy
    Thanks... sorry, I should have visited the swirlyspace.com website first. I look forward to v0.3!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I called AT&T and told the lady that i switch my SIM back and forth between my iPhone and my SLVR. I told her that i wanted her to put the $.25 MMS on my phone and she said so you understand that it's $.25 per message and i said yes and she added it. It sucessfully sent the message after that! She didn't get it yet but hopefully she will in a minute here...

well thats good to know ill call att right away, but do they actually charge u .25 per message or is that just if u were to use it in another phone

in other words is it free or will i have to pay?

Ok, so here's my question. Is it worth the trouble to add a service that'll charge you $.25/MMS sent, when you can already do that by emailing them at their #@[CARRIER_MMS_setting]? I find this pointless to pay .25c a pic when you can do it for free now. I've added the correct email for each of my regular contacts I talk to and send pics to, so why add the feature? Before you realize it those pics will add-up fast!

Finally its working, and all i had to do was lie to AT&T. I told them the same thing as the member above. Send to a few people and the all got it. The problem is that you can't add unlimited MMS to iPhone plan, it will screw up voice mail and some other things (thats what i was told by the rep) but 25c is not that bad. Now we will wait for a update so we can receive them and not go to that stupid site and do a bunch of other unnecessary things.

I can't get it working on Fido. I keep getting "Failed to sen MMS unexpected http response"

iphone 1.1.1
    MMSC: mms.fido.ca
    Proxy: 205.151.11.13 (tried with and without port 8080)

APN: mms.fido.ca
    User: (blank)
    Pass: (blank)
    -tried with and without User: fido, password: fido.

I couldn't get version 0.1 to work on my iphone, but i got it to work on a co-workers iphone running the same fw version and same apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Finally its working, and all i had to do was lie to AT&T. I told them the same thing as the member above. Send to a few people and the all got it. The problem is that you can't add unlimited MMS to iPhone plan, it will screw up voice mail and some other things (thats what i was told by the rep) but 25c is not that bad. Now we will wait for a update so we can receive them and not go to that stupid site and do a bunch of other unnecessary things.
    But you can do it for free by emailing the pic to the persosn # and carrier settings. You'd all rather pay to do something that's already free? Gee, I should add my paypal button so you can click on it and send me free cash for this info since throwing money away seems to be trendy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Ok, so here's my question. Is it worth the trouble to add a service that'll charge you $.25/MMS sent, when you can already do that by emailing them at their #@[CARRIER_MMS_setting]? I find this pointless to pay .25c a pic when you can do it for free now. I've added the correct email for each of my regular contacts I talk to and send pics to, so why add the feature? Before you realize it those pics will add-up fast!
    i agree 100% id rather wait to see if apple actually adds it, then it'll be free and easier to use

.25 a message is that bad.... i rather email its easier

plus this program seems to mainly be for tmobile users.....and others.....not at&t
    Last edited by imnotfunny; 2008-01-03 at 03:57 AM.

no its working on AT&T as well, and it will never be free not from Apple or ATT.

no its working on AT&T as well, and it will never be free not from Apple or ATT.

No. It ONLY works on at&t if you add the $.25/MMS service and call at&t. It doesn't just "work", and it IS free if you just email the pic to someone by adding an email link to their contact with their respective carrier settings beforehand.

a matter of preference, thats all.

a matter of preference, thats all.
    Oh, you mean to pay or not to pay? If you call that a preference I call that dumb. Why pay for a free service? You can't recieve an MMS pic with that app (not yet), and you'd rather pay to do something (send one) that you can do for free? How do you reason with that?

"Hmmm, I can do this for free but I'd rather waste money...k where do I sign-up?"

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast