Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Ok WTF ???! where do I get a refund?

I'm serioiusly stumped here. So I called and added Messaging unlimited, removed the iphone text unlimited, tried ALL the settings posted through out the forums and nothing works. What's worse is that when I pop my sim card into my AT&T Tilt it sends and recieves picture messages with no problems. WTF

Ok forget it.. IT'S WORKING!! Holy shizzle. I think the main thing was calling AT&T like that guy GQ said and tell them to go into snooper I think it's called and make sure mms is enabled in that application on there end. At first it didn't work but then after I popped my sim into my tilt and sent aand recieved a few MMS messages then put the sim back into my iPhone it worked!
    Last edited by Dizz; 2008-10-29 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    I'm serioiusly stumped here. So I called and added Messaging unlimited, removed the iphone text unlimited, tried ALL the settings posted through out the forums and nothing works. What's worse is that when I pop my sim card into my AT&T Tilt it sends and recieves picture messages with no problems. WTF

Ok forget it.. IT'S WORKING!! Holy shizzle. I think the main thing was calling AT&T like that guy GQ said and tell them to go into snooper I think it's called and make sure mms is enabled in that application on there end. At first it didn't work but then after I popped my sim into my tilt and sent aand recieved a few MMS messages then put the sim back into my iPhone it worked!

Can you let us know if its working in like an hour or 2?
    wwjd

ok so im having the same problems as everyone else.. my question is this tho. i am with AT&T but i dont have a sim card in my iphone. my previous phone was blackberry so i synced my contacts from that to outlook and then my iphone. could this be a reason that i cant open or send mms messages (not having a sim care i.e)

Quote Originally Posted by TriniBoi View Post
    ok so im having the same problems as everyone else.. my question is this tho. i am with AT&T but i dont have a sim card in my iphone. my previous phone was blackberry so i synced my contacts from that to outlook and then my iphone. could this be a reason that i cant open or send mms messages (not having a sim care i.e)

Trinboi,
    If I understand you correctly, you are tring to send mms from your iPhone without a SIM card inside the iPhone?
    If so then that would be the first problem. Without a SIM installed your iPhone is basicly just a iPod Touch, i.e. no phone calls no messaging ect.
    Sorry if I misunderstood your question, if so please correct me.

no it is a phone. i can make and recieve calls and messages

no its a phone, i can make and recieve calls and sms messages
    Last edited by TriniBoi; 2008-10-29 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I guess I dont understand your question. I do know that if your iPhone has no sim card installed then there is no way to make calls and send mms messages. You may be able to send email with wifi but no sim card means no att service.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseSTi View Post
    Ok WTF ???! where do I get a refund?
    How do I get a refund?

Ok I'm probably the biggest idiot on the planet. I didn't know that my phone had a sim in it when I got it. Sorry for the dumb question and the confusion redzombie...I'm gonna try puttin it in another phone and I'll let u know if it works

Ha! no problem Triniboi.
    The only dumb questions are the one not asked, please keep me posted..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do I get a refund?
    ChaseSti,
    The only thing i could think to tell you would be to talk to your att store, and if they are no help you could try craigslist.org if that is avalible in your city, or even ebay. My observation is that they usually sell with no problem at a minimal to no loss, especially if they are already unlocked/jailbroken.
    Hell, if you got your phone for the discounted price by signing a 2 year contract you will most likely be able to sell it for profit, then turn arount and put that extra money towards a tilt or touch or some kind of alternative to the iPhone.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 2008-10-30 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok I tried a samsung and a razr. Both times it said message couldn't be sent. Should I have had AT&T recycle mediane

so if i downgrade to 1.1.4 change my imei to my slvr's imei will i loose all of my pics and videos and songs and apps?

Quote Originally Posted by redzombi2k View Post
    Ha! no problem Triniboi.
    The only dumb questions are the one not asked, please keep me posted..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChaseSti,
    The only thing i could think to tell you would be to talk to your att store, and if they are no help you could try craigslist.org if that is avalible in your city, or even ebay. My observation is that they usually sell with no problem at a minimal to no loss, especially if they are already unlocked/jailbroken.
    Hell, if you got your phone for the discounted price by signing a 2 year contract you will most likely be able to sell it for profit, then turn arount and put that extra money towards a tilt or touch or some kind of alternative to the iPhone.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the reply, but I was meaning for swirlymms.
    lol

Thanks for the reply, but I was meaning for swirlymms.
    lol
    Ha! oh, Nevermind..

will it ever work. i think im just gonna give up..i cant stand getting mms messages that i cant open. hopefully the problem will be solved soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I am with Rogers in Canada and the app works great. I can't wait till the next update comes out so we can receive mms. I think they said 3 weeks after the last update.
    I am not able to get it to work for mine .. what are your settings for the Rogers Canada network ?

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobolito View Post
    You need to enter the following:

APN: wap.cingular
    username: [email protected]
    password: CINGULAR1

Make sure that password is in CAPS!

Instead of calling AT&T to get MMS "enabled" you can do it yourself online and it takes only a minute. I know because I did it myself. All you need to do is login to your account and go to your account features (Manage Features) and you'll see that you currently have the iPhone messaging package. All you need to do is replace it with the standard messaging package which includes MMS. This is the same messaging package you get when using any other phone, but because the iPhone doesn't support MMS AT&T created another package just for the iPhone with MMS removed. So again, all you need to do is replace your iPhone messaging package with the standard one. This should "enable MMS" for you.

Also for the MMSC, be sure to enter http:// before the address. I've read that not having this can cause problems as well.

I've tested SwirlyMMS and it does both send and receive for me! Hope this helps.
    For those AT&T customers who are still trying to get this to work, I'd like to confirm that "bobolito's" method worked for me. No need to called ATT "at all"
    Log into your Att account by visiting Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Then follow these steps:
    1. Go to "Manage Your Account"
    2. Add Features
    3. Uner "Web Text & More" change the check mark from "iphone messaging package" to "messaging 200, 1500 or unlimited" just make sure it only says "messaging" and not "iphone messaging"
    4. Click on NEXT (at the bottom of the page) then confirm your change....
    ..... Now you're done with the ATT part and your phone can now receive MMS without having to worry about paying a PENNY per message.

Now go back to your phone and make sure your settings are as followed:

* MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    * Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    * APN: wap.cingular
    * Username: [email protected]
    * Password: CINGULAR1 (ALL CAPS)
    * Image size: High (whatever you prefer)
    * UserAgent: Nokia_N95

These settings worked for me and i can confirm that i was able to send (successfully recieved by a T-mobile blackberry) and I was able to receive from 3 different carriers so far.

Good luck and hope this helps you!

This sounds awesome. I don't have the option to check any non iphone specific messaging packages though it looks like. ???

Quote Originally Posted by williamjv View Post
    For those AT&T customers who are still trying to get this to work, I'd like to confirm that "bobolito's" method worked for me. No need to called ATT "at all"
    Log into your Att account by visiting Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    Then follow these steps:
    1. Go to "Manage Your Account"
    2. Add Features
    3. Uner "Web Text & More" change the check mark from "iphone messaging package" to "messaging 200, 1500 or unlimited" just make sure it only says "messaging" and not "iphone messaging"
    4. Click on NEXT (at the bottom of the page) then confirm your change....
    ..... Now you're done with the ATT part and your phone can now receive MMS without having to worry about paying a PENNY per message.

Now go back to your phone and make sure your settings are as followed:

* MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    * Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    * APN: wap.cingular
    * Username: [email protected]
    * Password: CINGULAR1 (ALL CAPS)
    * Image size: High (whatever you prefer)
    * UserAgent: Nokia_N95

These settings worked for me and i can confirm that i was able to send (successfully recieved by a T-mobile blackberry) and I was able to receive from 3 different carriers so far.

Good luck and hope this helps you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ninepins,

If it helps here are the actual packages name (which i receivied via a confirmation email from AT&T after the changes were made)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

The following changes were made using myWireless Account:
    These features will be added to:
    305458****
    Messaging 1500 - $15.00/month
    These features will be removed from:
    305458****
    iPhone Text Messaging 1500 - $15.00/month
    These feature changes are effective immediately. Monthly charges will be applied as appropriate on your next billing statement. Important: If you did not authorize these changes, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

Thank You,
    The New AT&T

Request received at 2:39:27 PM EST,11/05/08.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Thx for the info.
    The only selection options I see are:

iPhone Data Plan + Unlimited Text $40.00
    iPhone Data Plan + 1500 Text $30.00
    iPhone Data Plan + 200 Text $20.00

it seems to be a package deal and I cant change the txt plan individually.

Are you in FLA? bellsouth? I'm in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by williamjv View Post
    ninepins,

If it helps here are the actual packages name (which i receivied via a confirmation email from AT&T after the changes were made)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

The following changes were made using myWireless Account:
    These features will be added to:
    305458****
    Messaging 1500 - $15.00/month
    These features will be removed from:
    305458****
    iPhone Text Messaging 1500 - $15.00/month
    These feature changes are effective immediately. Monthly charges will be applied as appropriate on your next billing statement. Important: If you did not authorize these changes, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500.

Thank You,
    The New AT&T

Request received at 2:39:27 PM EST,11/05/08.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast