Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Lady on AT&T chat is saying I voided my warranty on my phone by jailbreaking and she wont activate MMS for me... HAHA!
    Yes, you did void your warranty by jailbreaking. That should be common knowledge. Its also not very bright to tell ATT you did it.

That is why people in these threads are making up excuses to get MMS turned on. In addition, people having it turned on are reporting that they needed to try 3-4 times before they got someone who would agree to turn it on. It shouldnt be surprising that this person refused.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Yes, you did void your warranty by jailbreaking. That should be common knowledge. Its also not very bright to tell ATT you did it.

That is why people in these threads are making up excuses to get MMS turned on.
    How does it void an AT&T warranty? Considering they dont own the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I just tried and the losers wouldnt do it.

EDIT: I just called and talked to a different rep and they wouldnt do it also. Are you pulling our leg?
    Many people have reported getting it turned on. They generally have to go through multiple support people before someone agrees to turn it on. Most people quote 3-4 tries. It could easily take more then that.

How does it void an AT&T warranty? Considering they dont own the phone.
    You would have to ask them. My assumption would be that you violated the End User License Agreement.

Edit - Here is info about Jailbreak and the iPhone EULA.

"Apple and/or Apple's licensor(s) retain ownership of the iPhone Software itself."

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80600
    Last edited by ProjectGSX; 2008-09-22 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You cant warranty an item you did not create or warranty at any point in time.

You cant warranty an item you did not create or warranty at any point in time.
    Of course you can. Go into Best Buy and buy a television. They will try to sell you a warranty. Don't tell me you think Best Buy makes those televisions.

Thats an extended warrant you pay for. Last I checked the warranty on the phone is Apple, not AT&T.

Thats an extended warrant you pay for. Last I checked the warranty on the phone is Apple, not AT&T.
    The ATT rep said you voided the warranty, and you did. They didnt say anything about it being an ATT warranty, just a warranty.

Its not an AT&T product, period. The warranty on my phone is not their concern.

ok i just got off the phone with att for another hour. she did everything i think possible. she made sure anthing related to mss was turned on and even made me sighn up for medianet. at the end of all this she made me turn my phone off and back on . she then sent me a pic. message and you know what it worked it came through. so i go in to inbox and i press to fetch and and end it tsaid it could not connect to proxy. she game me all the settings so i cant see why. i try to send her a pic and nothing i get cant read http heading and sometimes cannot connect to proxy. 4 days of this and at least now i got a messege just cant read it. WTF. then she says hold on and comes back and says i found out the problem..im like cool what is it. iphones cannot send mms as a phone and yourplan wont let you...what i told her makes no sence cause you just sent me a pic and i got it i just cant connect to see it...she had no idea what to say next then i just blanked her out and hung up...what do i do next???help

I will not buy this app. It is too buggy. Only about 1 out of 10 mms are ever sent. The others just sit in the outbox with an error message of:

Failed to send MMS
    failed to POST: timeout or error when reading http header
    The MMS is placed in the outbox

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I just tried and the losers wouldnt do it.

EDIT: I just called and talked to a different rep and they wouldnt do it also. Are you pulling our leg?

I had to reset my settings and lost mms. I called them again and told them i needed them to send me the mms signal and they did. They didn't want to at first, they wanted to send me to apple, but i told them i had called before and they did it on their end. They did and now i have mms back. All you guys are just giving in to them use your b***s and demand that they send you the signal. If you look at your bill it says that you included in your $30 data plan you are paying for MMS call and tell them you want it activated as you are paying for a service you are not getting or you will sue them, plain and simple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcital View Post
    I had to reset my settings and lost mms. I called them again and told them i needed them to send me the mms signal and they did. They didn't want to at first, they wanted to send me to apple, but i told them i had called before and they did it on their end. They did and now i have mms back. All you guys are just giving in to them use your b***s and demand that they send you the signal. If you look at your bill it says that you included in your $30 data plan you are paying for MMS call and tell them you want it activated as you are paying for a service you are not getting or you will sue them, plain and simple.
    I got them to turn my MMS on!! But, what settings do you use? I installed the demo and I get an MMS (from a friend) in my inbox, but when I click the inbox it says "you have no 3G or EDGE,...and that the APN settings are not present" What do I do? My settings are as follows:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 069.209.011.032
    APN: Blank
    Username: Blank
    Password: Blank

Proxy: 066.209.011.032

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    I got them to turn my MMS on!! But, what settings do you use? I installed the demo and I get an MMS (from a friend) in my inbox, but when I click the inbox it says "you have no 3G or EDGE,...and that the APN settings are not present" What do I do? My settings are as follows:

Proxy: 069.209.011.032
    I have this same problem, anyone know what needs to be done?

You need to enter the following:

APN: wap.cingular
    username: [email protected]
    password: CINGULAR1

Make sure that password is in CAPS!

Instead of calling AT&T to get MMS "enabled" you can do it yourself online and it takes only a minute. I know because I did it myself. All you need to do is login to your account and go to your account features (Manage Features) and you'll see that you currently have the iPhone messaging package. All you need to do is replace it with the standard messaging package which includes MMS. This is the same messaging package you get when using any other phone, but because the iPhone doesn't support MMS AT&T created another package just for the iPhone with MMS removed. So again, all you need to do is replace your iPhone messaging package with the standard one. This should "enable MMS" for you.

Also for the MMSC, be sure to enter http:// before the address. I've read that not having this can cause problems as well.

I've tested SwirlyMMS and it does both send and receive for me! Hope this helps.

Default Help!
    Hello everyone,
    I new here and have scanned thought the forums, but havent yet seen the answer to this question so I hope mabey someone can help me here.
    I have a 1st gen iPhone jail broke 2.1 fw, and I bout this phone from someone else. I already have at&t on my slvr, I switched over my sim after jailbrake and all is good except obviously the mms. I installed swirly mms and tried all the different settings with no luck. If i remove my sim from my iPhone and put it in my slvr send a text, take it out and then out it back in my iPhone it will work one time only, after that i get the 'possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response(HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)' error. Also forgot to mention that I have the family unlimited messaging plan. So my question is this, do I call at&t and tell them my texting stoped working and have them resend the signal or whatever, and not tell them that I have an iPhone, or is it nessasary to let them know that i have an iPhone?
    Thanks so much guys!
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 2008-10-29 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

my account automatically switched to iPhone when I first got one that I bought off craigslist. So even though you don't tell them, the system will automatically update with your present phone.

Yeah thats what I did, bought it off craigslist. But the only way so far I can send MMS it by doing the swap, and then it only works for one message.
    So I guess I could just call them and tell them for some reason it just stopped working, and ask them to re-enable it without telling them that I have an iPhone and it sould work?

UPDATE:
    OK, well I dont know what to do now.
    I called them to have them resend over the air activation, and they said they did.
    I power cycled my iPhone and tried to send a mms... Same error.
    I never told them I had an iPhone, because it never came up, however when I call the
    automated voice says 'to reach apple about help with your iPhone call..' so they must know. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 2008-10-28 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

They're not going to answer your questions about MMS on the iPhone since it is not an officially supported feature. So don't even bother telling them. Do they care that you have SwirlyMMS? I don't think so, but they're not going to help you getting it working. My best advice is test MMS with your other phone (I think you said you have a SLVR) and make sure it's working well both ways on that phone. If it does, then the problem is not on AT&T's side, which means you shouldn't worry about calling them for anything. Now, if you do have some problems with MMS on the SLVR, then just try to get those corrected with AT&T, but again, don't even mention the iPhone since you don't "officially" have one.

Now, I'm not clear if your problem is sending or receiving MMS on the iPhone, but test one way at a time (first sending, then receiving) and post your results here.
    Last edited by bobolito; 2008-10-29 at 01:59 AM.

ok,so I tested on my slvr and no, it didnot work anymore. So I called and had them re-send the ota signal and about 30 mins later it ws working both ways. Apperantly from what iv read while researching this is that they know i have an iPhone based on the imei number. So it looks as if though to me that until you can change the imei number on firmware version 2.1 i may just be S.O.L.
    please correct me if i am wrong, because i really want to be wrong!

Update -
    OK, so sound like when my contract expires in Dec. I will go with T-mobile.
    from what i understand it is as easy as editing transfering 4 files - Phone.plist, Phone.strings, Services.strings, and Services.plist.
    That sound about right?
    Last edited by redzombi2k; 2008-10-29 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast