Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

i,ve just looked in my installer and it says version 1.1.2 is available

Default Att employee
    also i was able to get swirly to work after adding MMS Payperuse. and doing a reset to the phone. (not a reformat but just powering it off then back on) please be patient with this it will take about 25 minutes to work the first time.

good luck Brad

This is what i have found out. i have 3 sim cards with ATT. 2 dont have an iphone and 1 does. the two sim cards when i insert them into my iphone work fine and send the message the one that has the iphone attached to it will not. I found out the reason but can not fix it for anyone sorry to get your hops up. thr problem is that there is an IPHONE TRACKING NUMBER on the account. this tracking number can not be removed or deleted as far as i can see. if you can find someone to delete this tracking number off the account the iphone will then again send MMS.

Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by htimsabbub23; 2008-09-22 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by htimsabbub23 View Post
    I work for ATT if you need anything done to your account please email at [email protected].

also i was able to get swirly to work after adding MMS Payperuse. and doing a reset to the phone. (not a reformat but just powering it off then back on) please be patient with this it will take about 25 minutes to work the first time.

good luck Brad

This is what i have found out. i have 3 sim cards with ATT. 2 dont have an iphone and 1 does. the two sim cards when i insert them into my iphone work fine and send the message the one that has the iphone attached to it will not. I found out the reason but can not fix it for anyone sorry to get your hops up. thr problem is that there is an IPHONE TRACKING NUMBER on the account. this tracking number can not be removed or deleted as far as i can see. if you can find someone to delete this tracking number off the account the iphone will then again send MMS.

Good luck to everyone.
    Thanks for the extra details. Do you think anyone higher up in the company could modify/remove that setting? I might have a few connections I can ask.

my buddy added me to his friends account and my iphone doesnt have the video viocemail icon. why is that? i am the 2nd line added. any idea's? my friend doesnt remember the password and they want us to go in person even though he told them his social security #... what diks. any idea on how to make it work from home?
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

Thanks

Confirmed working on 3G iPhone with AT&T

It looks like it's possible to get SwirlyMMS working with AT&T and 3G iPhones after all. Read this:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2216991
    How should I reply to the email? (see post)

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I spoke with AT&T this morning -- explained that I sometimes switch the SIM into another phone (yeah, yeah) and she said she could add multi-media messaging (which is $0.25 per message ) to my plan; but it wasn't designed for the iPhone. She couldn't guarantee it would work (with my other phone because my SIM card is assigned to the iPhone IMEI, but it might work". It now "sends" without the access denied message ... and my friend with Verizon received the picture... Success.

Swirly MMS 0.2
    Reboot the phone after install
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

APN settings: leave blank

Image size: Medium

Have to have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T

Good luck
    I confirm that this works!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utvol1 View Post
    I confirm that this works!!
    I called, and they wont do it for me so far. How did you get them to do it? Did it break itunes? Check out my latest findings at the end of this very long post. (they said a few things on why they cant)

click ~~> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2216991 <~~ click

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    no you dont get charged. ive been using this app for a while and i havent gotten charged. hope that helps.
    You get charged if you have T-Mobile. I have only 200 picture messages a month and on the bill it comes up saying 93/200 used a month. If I go over the 200 then I'm pretty sure there is a charge. They wouldn't have a 200 limit without a charge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

u are probably getting charged cuz u don't have unlimited texts

Default Found the Problem for ATT USERS
    I was able with the help of OUZNOP to get the mms to work.
    What i had to do is call into ATT and ask to speak to tech support. after tech support gets on the line suggest that they go into snooper and turn on MMS, PUSH, & PREMIUM MESSAGES
    Last edited by htimsabbub23; 2008-09-22 at 02:48 AM.

Default MMS working on ATT
    I have a family plan with unlimited text, i called and told them i wanted to activate MMS being that i am paying for it. The lady asked me to turn off my phone for a few minutes, i did, when i rebooted and got off wifi it worked. I have an unlimited plan which includes MMS so i don't have to worry about it.

my swirlymms also has the green m up right but i cant send??

Quote Originally Posted by jcital View Post
    I have a family plan with unlimited text, i called and told them i wanted to activate MMS being that i am paying for it. The lady asked me to turn off my phone for a few minutes, i did, when i rebooted and got off wifi it worked. I have an unlimited plan which includes MMS so i don't have to worry about it.
    Can you try it in a couple hours and report back if it still works?
    wwjd

I need this to work so bad....i need mms on my iphone..this is too close for me to stop. i will not stop trying until i get this to work..I need this app bad. i paid and got a full version also..WTF i cant get this to work....help

Default 6 hours and still working
    I can confirm that MMS still working on ATT. i have even called to activate my second iphone and this time it took less time. I waited for a rep longer than it took to activate MMS on the second phone. Basically ask that you are paying for MMS and are not getting the service on your iphone, they will ask you to turn it off then turn it on and voila it works. No phone tricks or anything. I have a messaging family plan which, on the bill, states that MMS is included.

Quote Originally Posted by jcital View Post
    I can confirm that MMS still working on ATT. i have even called to activate my second iphone and this time it took less time. I waited for a rep longer than it took to activate MMS on the second phone. Basically ask that you are paying for MMS and are not getting the service on your iphone, they will ask you to turn it off then turn it on and voila it works. No phone tricks or anything. I have a messaging family plan which, on the bill, states that MMS is included.
    I just tried and the losers wouldnt do it.

EDIT: I just called and talked to a different rep and they wouldnt do it also. Are you pulling our leg?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-09-22 at 04:19 PM.

ok guys i can confirm that this is the correct settings. i called att and spoke to a tech rep. i told them flat out what i did to the phone and what i wanted. she tried soo hard to get it to work for me. we were on the phone for more than 30 min. we could not get this thing to work. we tried lots of stuff. dunno what to do next or what to tell them anymore.???? i tried to add the min per use option but that didnt work. that she could not do because i only have a iphone plan. i dunno what to do.. im stuck and need this app....****

I have the 20 dollar text plan for iphone... will it charge me if i add MMS? And also, will i be able to MMS free?

GUYS THE PLAN THAT WE GET ON THE IPHONE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH. sorry about the caps. it not us we have the right settings it them on there end i think. even tho i did not get it to work and i tried with a tech rep forever and still could not get it to work. they wanted to get to work for me. she told me my plan was fine and did not why it was not working. she told me to turn off my phone and she would hook it up but at the end it didnt work. i am so tired of trying to get it to work. i will try again in a couple of days. thats how much i have been trying. im tired of it for now..

Lady on AT&T chat is saying I voided my warranty on my phone by jailbreaking and she wont activate MMS for me... HAHA!

Me: I have a question about activating MMS on my iPhone. I know its not supposed to support it, but mine does with jailbreak. I was wondering if this is included in my 20 dollar unlimited text fee, or if I will be charged per message?

Sheena Vaughn: I apologize, Since you have downloaded that application, you loose your warranty on the iphone. since we do not support the mms on the iphone. You may contact customer care at 800-3310-0500 regarding charges.

Me: You do not void any warranty by downloading software to a phone. The phone is not modified via its hardware, but simply the software. Regardless, all I need is for you to activate MMS on my account which has nothing to do with my phone type.

Me: And considering the person sitting next to me has an iphone with MMS activated, means it is possible.

Me: I am paying 20 dollars a month for unlimited messaging, and I simply wish to have MMS activated. My question being is there a monthly charge or is it by message.. or included

Sheena Vaughn: I apologize but we do not support mms on the iphone, I am not able to add the feature to the iphone, you may contact the Apple Technical support number: 800-694-7466.

Me: I find that incredibly hard to believe since my coworker had it activated on his account.

Sheena Vaughn: You may contact customer care at 800-331-0500 regarding the feature.

This begs the question: Why does AT&T care about my void of an APPLE warranty??? They make no sense.
    Last edited by bbplayer5; 2008-09-22 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast