Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    EDIT: ** Double post **

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    Mine was working fine (o2 UK) until I upgraded to 1.1.3 Nate True Jailbreak method. Now I load it, it shows splash screen, then crashes back to the springboard. It also turns off my Wifi, but I'm guessing that's a feature to ensure it sends via GPRS/Edge.

Is it 1.1.3 compatible?
    I also used NT's method and the app is working fine for me. So it is 1.1.3 compatible. I started by restoring fresh down to 1.1.1, then up to 1.1.2, then did the soft-upgrade. My friend had similar problems with Swirly after upgrading (without restoring first). After a fresh restore, then back up everything worked fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm not going to restore just for one App to work. There must be another way, perhaps completely de-install MMS and remove all it's config files manually, then re-install, might give that a whirl

EDIT: It works now, must have been a filespace issue. After installing BigBoss Boss Tool and moved my Apps and Ringtones, it works fine
    Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 2008-01-30 at 02:15 PM.

the new version does not work with 1.1.3 firmware, anyone else having that problem

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Read the 3 previous posts, are you experiencing the same symptoms as me?

Mine opens fine but as soon as I fill in any of the MMSC settings and try to save it crashes back to the springboard. My phone was a Jailbroken 1.1.2 phone with Swirly installed. I used the DEV team method via installer. After my phone upgraded and rebooted I opened installer uninstalled all my old apps and began reinstalling.

Several apps dont work for me... such as...
    Iphysics doesnt see added packs
    Taskbar Notifier doenst work
    SMSNotify doesnt work

Effectively my phone is the un-jailbroken .... jailbroken 1.1.3 phone.

Anyways, to stick to topic. Can the people that Upgraded to 1.1.3 post the method they used and describe what was or wasnt installed before and after the upgrade and the success or lack there of you have had?

Thanks, I know it will make it a bit easier to troubleshoot this problem.

I Have a 1.1.3 Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone with BL3.9
    SwirlyMMS keeps crashing also.
    I tried turning WiFi off and lauching the App but no success... still crashes.
    My Applications folder is moved to /private/var/mobile/ so it's not a disk space issue.
    ---- chmod permissions maybe ? ----
    Last edited by rayvolver; 2008-01-30 at 07:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    In de-installed all applications except System Apps (BSD, Installer, OpenSSH) before I upgraded to 1.1.3 from Jailbroken 1.1.2.

Everything I've installed since 1.1.3 upgrade, SMSNotify , iPhysics (iPinball) + Games (iSolitaire, FiveDice etc) all worked except MMS.
    After installed SwirlyMMS on 1.1.3, it crashed after the splash screen. Reboot didn't fix it.

Perhaps a fluke, but I then installed BossTool as I was running out of Apps space, moved my Apps and Ringtones, then all of a sudden, I thought I'd retry Swirly and it started working.
    Yes, I did set permissions are per the instructions on the Installer main page before I installed BossTool.

I was going to try the following:-

- DeInstall SwirlyMMS via Installer
    - Use a Terminal or other file system application, and delete the directories ~Library/MMSApp and /Applications/SwirlyMMS.app (or wherever Apps are installed)
    (extracted from http://blog.swirlyspace.com/)

After that everything is wiped out.

- Ensure the permissions are set as per the Installer program

cd /Applications (or wherever your Apps are installed)
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app

- then reinstall SwirlyMMS

I didn't get chance to try it, as mentioned above, mine all of a sudden sprung into life after moving my Apps via BossTool
    Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 2008-01-31 at 11:19 AM.

Until SwirlyMMS release long awaited 0.3 version, all of you, like me, which has 1.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked with new baseband and 3.9 bootloader can use MMS app ver. 0.2 which works just fine under 1.1.3...I found out that today when I installed that old version just for the sake of try..You can find it under sendowsky.de source in Installer app...Have fun...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SERBIAN For This Useful Post:

normalguy (2008-02-26)

Unhappy Failed to resize picture
    I have 1.1.3 unlocked & jailbroken w/bl 3.9. I installed MMS app(not SwirlyMMS) and it works just fine, except that when people receive the message, they receive either a butterfly or a black screen. When I try to reduce the image size from maximum to any other size, a message Failed to send mms: failed to resize picture. Anybody with the same problem and any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Ok, so here's my question. Is it worth the trouble to add a service that'll charge you $.25/MMS sent, when you can already do that by emailing them at their #@[CARRIER_MMS_setting]? I find this pointless to pay .25c a pic when you can do it for free now. I've added the correct email for each of my regular contacts I talk to and send pics to, so why add the feature? Before you realize it those pics will add-up fast!
    how did you get their carrier mss settings? this sounds like a better idea

Default Failed to resize picture
    I have 1.1.3 unlocked & jailbroken w/bl 3.9. I installed MMS app(not SwirlyMMS) and it works just fine, except that when people receive the message, they receive either a butterfly or a black screen. When I try to reduce the image size from maximum to any other size, a message Failed to send mms: failed to resize picture. Anybody with the same problem and any solutions?

Default Any news
    I keep looking at the blog and the last entry they have on there still says, 0.3 will be out before the end of Jan so you can receive mms.

Anybody any other news. Are they waiting for the SDK ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

its the end of february and theres still no update. is there any updated news on mms to get it working to send and receive on 1.1.3?

I can wait for receiving, but would really like an update to be able to use it on 1.1.3 :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea amen to that...i was running a 111 iphone then upgraded to 113 and was pissed when i found out that mms wasnt wrkn....to the developers working on this...plz hurry!!!

i forgot the command but you can make the SwirlyMMS to work.

i am jus hoping we can receive MMS
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

Default 1.1.3 AT&T Jailbreak/Unlock/Activate Works
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    I'm testing a new setup for AT&T. I havn't heard anyone use before.It has currently been showing that loading message after I hit the send button for about 10 minutes. So bored...
    EDIT: i give up I don't know what's wrong. It just keeps on loading. Someone else try it out for me. Here are the settings:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.61
    (I know this stuff shouldn't be entered but the other way isn't working so...)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: cingular1
    After constant modding and modding on the same iPhone I was finally able to get SwirlyMMS working on 1.1.3. With 1.1.2 I've gotta all the same errors posted in this forum. I'm still working with 1.1.2 because I like that firmware better than 1.1.2.

I am using my existing AT&T sim card that consist of a Blackberry Unlimited Plan with 1500 text, pics, etc.

My SwirlyMMS settings are exactly this~Nothing More Nothing Less:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 66.209.11.032

MMSC-APN setting leave completely blank. I've read that if you already have mms then u don't have to put anything in.

Note- the little "m" in the right top hand corner must be green when receiving or sending.

Good news for o2-UK users version 0.3.6 has been released and finally lets us send and recieve
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I just installed SwirlyMMS 0.3.6 on 1.1.4 unlocked w/T-mobile settings and it works like a dream!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast