Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP] CameraPro

Green Apple
    Thanks

echo: Thanks!

1.06 (free) still has the nag screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    its not official so its technically a hack.... yes its a app they developed but that app wont work unless you have a hacked iphone so its technically a hack.

Donationware is definitly OK in my book and i would have donated for a program like this if it works right and all that. As soon as they start demanding we pay them to use their app or even for features for the app i say HELL NO get your greedy hands off my wallet. Look how many other COOL apps are oput their that are free. Why does one or two greedy fucks always think its ok to start charging and by doing that starts a new trend. Watch because you people think this is ok and pay for something like this we will see more and more of it. If no one paid these people making these apps they would stop trying to charge for them.
    Thank God someone spoke up!

I'm all for buying software if it's completely legit. But like Travace said, this is technically a hack. For the developers' efforts, donations SHOULD be the standard until SDK is legally released by Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toffeenut View Post
    ... until SDK is legally released by Apple.
    They'll probably be selling this for the higher price of $29.95 (going up in Feb. as mentioned on their website) when the official SDK is released by Apple. At least they do offer a free version for those who think its too pricey.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    they are not demanding you pay them to use their app, nor to use their app at all
    you should be thankful there is a free version of it

you have a right to your opinion, but calling them "greedy *****".. isnt very nice

i've bought it for 3 iphones xD

actually they are charging to use all the features of their app. Which is wrong .

Them trying to charge for illegal software is way worse then a few words BTW

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Who says its wrong? They made the app, they can choose how they would like to distribute it. Correct, it isn't official, which means support is sketchy and even HAVING it in the next version of firmware is as well.

But we don't have a responsibility to tell them how to charge for their app. You'd like a better one free? Make one.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Can't you just uninstall/install the app to use the number-limited functions anyway? Just a thought..
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Thanks

I'd prefer if the author asked for donations only until the SDK is released, and people who install it now would be "testers" or something. I just don't use it enough to justify paying for it.

I just donated $5 (which is all the author, Boris, asked for) for "Cassia", the Chess app. I did so because it's a freakin' GREAT chess game, because I play it every day @ work (on break and on my lunch hour), and becaus I want him to keep working on it. Once the SDK is released, I can see that being sold on itunes as well, and IMHO $5 is dirt cheap. heck, he's had over 75k downloads and counting me, a grand total of TWO donations. If half the people who downloaded it would donate at least ONE dollar, he'd be much happier, I'm sure. And frankly, if you like chess, and install Cassia, it's worth it. And I always have a soft spot for authors who give their work away, and only ask for donations. But hey, that's just me.

However, once the SDK is released, I can see this app going up on iTunes for $29.95 and a lot of people paying for it. And I have no problem with that. The author(s) have done a wonderful job at doing what Apple should have done from the beginning (and very well might in a future update), and I'm thankful they have a free version, and hopeful that there will continued support in that arena.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

version 1.07 is out and I'm loving this app. It truly makes the camera a joy to use.

Ive gotta say thanks for the free version.

I still can't get any pictures to show up in my camera roll. I wait every time for the busy indicator to stop and then I look...no new picture.

The pic is being saved in the folder but I have no method to view th picture (only email it). I'm using version 1.07.

Anybody got any ideas?

Also, I see new versions being released but no info on what has changed....any ideas on that?

I can't use the camera. I already install it but nothing happen, olny a white pop up. I have the 1.1.1 version. I don't know if I need a program to run it or it is a program that cause problem with.

I apreciate your help!

The 1.07 version works great!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    But we don't have a responsibility to tell them how to charge for their app. You'd like a better one free? Make one.
    thats where you are wrong

We might not directly tell them hey you cant charge for that. But your wallet does the talking. If you all pay for it you ARE saying its ok for you to charge me for this. If no one was willing to pay we are saying HELL NO this is not OK.

You guys miss the point all together.

This is true. I have no problem with the developer charging whatever he wants, as long as it occured post SDK release. If this app was certfied by apple, then by all means charge for a product you put your time into. But, if with a simple update you render the app useless, then it's pointless to pay for it, at least for now.

But, if someone still wants to pay for the extra features, even if the app requires a jailbroken phone, then that is their problem. I wouldn't worry about this becoming the norm, however.

already installed today and it s gud...
    but thinking am I gonna buy the full version? thats the big ?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Can't you just uninstall/install the app to use the number-limited functions anyway? Just a thought..
    Nope....it doesnt work like that

Try it & See

Thanks

Anyone with some common sense and an inkling of computer knowledge can get around the "5-use try it or buy it" limit. That's not the point, however.

I agree, there should be an option to jump right to the camera, instead of the splash screen. That is kinda annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Anyone with some common sense and an inkling of computer knowledge can get around the "5-use try it or buy it" limit. That's not the point, however.

I agree, there should be an option to jump right to the camera, instead of the splash screen. That is kinda annoying.
    the splash screen is gone once you've purchased it.

I know that lol, its easy when you know how! but its not for public discussion

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    the splash screen is gone once you've purchased it.
    ...and back we go to the 15 argument about paying for it, which someone rightly pointed out this close to SDK's etc .... im not paying....
    if it survives 1.1.3 and SDK's etc then i would...ill let the hype over new fw's & sdk's be over with before i decide to purchase anything

I'd prefer if the author asked for donations only until the SDK is released, and people who install it now would be "testers" or something. I just don't use it enough to justify paying for it.

I just donated $5 (which is all the author, Boris, asked for) for "Cassia", the Chess app. I did so because it's a freakin' GREAT chess game, because I play it every day @ work (on break and on my lunch hour), and becaus I want him to keep working on it. Once the SDK is released, I can see that being sold on itunes as well, and IMHO $5 is dirt cheap. heck, he's had over 75k downloads and counting me, a grand total of TWO donations. If half the people who downloaded it would donate at least ONE dollar, he'd be much happier, I'm sure. And frankly, if you like chess, and install Cassia, it's worth it. And I always have a soft spot for authors who give their work away, and only ask for donations. But hey, that's just me.

However, once the SDK is released, I can see this app going up on iTunes for $29.95 and a lot of people paying for it. And I have no problem with that. The author(s) have done a wonderful job at doing what Apple should have done from the beginning (and very well might in a future update), and I'm thankful they have a free version, and hopeful that there will continued support in that arena.
    Yup, what ^^^ he said

very nice app but when you zoom it.. its not clear... there should be atleast 7 days trial of full version...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast