Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSlots

How about a "themes" option like iBlackjack has? I'd peronally like to see an electronic version like the modern digital slot machines...

Well, in principle it would be possible to have a zoomed state. This would require some coding and I would have to scale the graphics (not a big problem, since most of my mods are vector based (including the wheels and the symbols). Ask deadstick if he thinks it's worth it. I personally like the full view better...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I have no plans to change the look at this point. Unless there's a huge amount of pushback on the new look they'll be no changes. I like the new look better myself and 99% of the comments I've received agree...

I LOVE ISlots!! Awesome Job!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadstick View Post
    I have no plans to change the look at this point. Unless there's a huge amount of pushback on the new look they'll be no changes. I like the new look better myself and 99% of the comments I've received agree...
    Hmmm...I've had 5 or 6 PMs asking me how to re-install 0.1 because they didn't like the new look either. I'm sticking with 0.1 and just ignoring the updates, since it works fine for me, and there's nothing new that I want or need.

100% agreed - good job!

Can any of the 5 or 6 step forward? The graphics can be changed if enough people complain. Should I remove coins? Just let us know. PMs to Hotstuff2 are not useful.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

v0.3 available from my repository.

Can't tell you how many msgs I received about people wanting the old spin music back So that I can please as many people as possible I have made it an option to choose the music or the real sounding effect. So can you stop complaining now

Also, I've tweaked the payout algorithm. I read comments that it's too loose and I agree. Should be a little tougher for you to rack up those big credit amounts...

Enjoy!

One request (actually possibly two):

1. Is it possible to add an option to Reset back to default Coins? I'm at 12,000 credits since v.01 and want to try out v.03 from scratch

2. Maybe in conjunction with option 1, maybe instead of reset call it "Cash out" and when you do maybe add a high scrore list? <- not really important but a reset/cashout so you can play from scratch would be handy. Thanks! Love the game!
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Thanks

For me, it's not so much the coins, it's that the slots are larger in 0.1 (since there's no Vegas graphic.) I like the slots to fill the whole screen, instead of ~70%.

Default 0.1 is much better!
    I personally like the bigger view of the spinning wheels. I just rather not see so much of the slot machine itself.
    Real sound and the coin out sound is a bit tacky too, kind of like a toy slots for kids.
    I would like slot with bonuses which you can pick hidden treasures after you hit the bonus.

Other than that, you've done a very nice job on it. Thanks!

Thanks

Love the app. Thanks!

v0.4 out on my repository

This release I'm introducing a top winnings system where you can submit and view the top winners in the game on a web page and also view the top 5 via a live LED ticker in the game itself (ie: every player will know your luck with the slots ). Here's a screenshot:

- tweaked payout algorithm
    - top 5 winners ticker. The top 5 highest credits winners (that have submitted) will have their name and winnings displayed on every player's ticker
    - top 50 winners web page. Web page lists the top 50 highest credit winners
    - v0.4 ticker redone by Armadillo. BIG thank you again

Just a note, your winnings from previous releases will not carry forward with this release, sorry...

Enjoy!

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you double tap the play max button whe weels won't stop spinning
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

Thanks, I knew you guys would find issues... Fixed in v0.41...

BTW, you'll just get a negative credit balance if you try and submit your winnings (I see a couple of you tried this ) so it won't help. If you do happen to find something that "cheats" the system let me know.

Installer showed that there was an upgrade to iSlots .41 this morning.

I let it upgrade but then installer showed an upgrade to iSlots .30.

I uninstalled iSlots .30 but then the only available in installer to install was version .30 which put me back in the same loop.

Thoughts?

Thanks

See, THESE graphics I like!

Love the "Top 5" banner too, as well as the Top 50 list. I'll be updating this evening.

Question: for the Top 5 banner, when does it get the names? For those of us who only connect thru WiFi, what happens when a network connection isn't available? Likewise, what happens if we stop playing and there's no network connection? How does the high score get sent to the server if there's no network connection?

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Installer showed that there was an upgrade to iSlots .41 this morning.

I let it upgrade but then installer showed an upgrade to iSlots .30.

I uninstalled iSlots .30 but then the only available in installer to install was version .30 which put me back in the same loop.

Thoughts?
    This is a fairly common occurrence with many apps on installer. It happens because another repository (typically Ste's) has an older version, and there's no date associated with the install in the XML file (though I've seen it happen even if there is a date.) You have to either a.) ignore the older version as it's obviously not an "update", or b.) remove one of the repositories from your list, or c.) wait until all repositories show the same version.

Typically, I simply install from the author's repository, and ignore any "updates" that show an older version. They'll dissapear after a day or three.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2008-01-07 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great App!! Love it but i have to agree with some that have posted about 0.1 sounds and looks, i prefer 0.1 also, i think the look of the spinning wheels being bigger and more in your face is more exciting, the bigger the slot wheels the more it gives you the feeling of a real slot machine

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post

Love the "Top 5" banner too, as well as the Top 50 list. I'll be updating this evening.

Question: for the Top 5 banner, when does it get the names? For those of us who only connect thru WiFi, what happens when a network connection isn't available? Likewise, what happens if we stop playing and there's no network connection? How does the high score get sent to the server if there's no network connection?

This is a fairly common occurrence with many apps on installer. It happens because another repository (typically Ste's) has an older version, and there's no date associated with the install in the XML file (though I've seen it happen even if there is a date.) You have to either a.) ignore the older version as it's obviously not an "update", or b.) remove one of the repositories from your list, or c.) wait until all repositories show the same version.

Typically, I simply install from the author's repository, and ignore any "updates" that show an older version. They'll dissapear after a day or three.
    Thanks - yep that was it.

STE source was showing the old version.

I've added your source and am ignoring the other.

Nice game.

I'm glad I've finally pleased my toughest critic

The Top 5 banner is obtained when you first start the program. It'll retry a number of times if it's having problems (ie: no internet connection) and if it fails you'll just get a generic server offline msg. This is all done in the background and doesn't effect your game... And then obviously you can't submit/view your highest score unless you have an internet connection..

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast