Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Swirly MMS with AT&T on 1.1.4 First Gen IPhone WORKING

  1. #1
    Default Swirly MMS with AT&T on 1.1.4 First Gen IPhone WORKING
    Ok only because i am tired of seeing threads about Swirly not working and the battle of people arguing the point that swirly does not work with AT&T.

    Lets put this myth to rest

    SWIRLY MMS DOES WORK WITH ATT!

    here is how i did it.

    To ALL AT&T people.

    Here are confirmed working settings on my and several others phones.
    BUT you have to get off of the AT&T IPhone plan.
    Call ATT and tell them that you switched to your old phone.
    i had a Sony W300i. that i told them that i switched to.
    (you might also have to download the swirly fake phone patch. I did not have to use this. but on a friends i had to use the W800i patch. you can find this on the swirly repo.)
    Turn your phone off After they do the switch.
    turn the phone on.
    they will ask you if you can get on the media net.
    tell them no.
    ask them to take you off the network and put you back on the network. they will tell you to power cycle your phone..
    after that open safari.
    if you can access the web great. (make sure WiFi is off to see if you are going to the ATT AP not your WiFi)

    After all of that Download Swirly.
    Reboot your Phone.
    Set the Settings
    and then send/receive your messages!!




    use these settings.
    _____________________________________________
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: (leave Blank)
    Password: (leave Blank)

    Image size: Medium
    _____________________________________________
    These work for me.

    DOWNFALL:
    you loose visual voicemail. (but its worth the loss if you ask me)

    the new version is also out..
    This includes forwarding, reply, texting, native MMS viewing!! and much more
    but it cost $8.
    Soon as my trial is up im buying.. but i have to make sure this works on the 3G iphone. on firmware 2.0

    If you have any douts that this works then PM me your number and i will send you a MMS.

    ALSO i will try to get video of this. later the week. i hope with the 3G IPHONE.

    HERE are some of the pictures of the ATT setup and process.






















    Thank You for this comment. That is also a way to fool the ATT system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stl56 View Post
    i confirmed this. except i had changed my IMEI with ziphone to a razr i have. told AT&T to confirm i "didnt" have an iphone. unlocked, activated it, installed swirly. finally became satisfied with the iphone txt/mms msg!

    For anyone that is having any issues still trying to get swirly to work try this.

    Take any other ATT phone and put your SIM card in it. try to send and receive MMS messages. IF this does not work call ATT. Once you get your normal ATT phone sending and receiving the MMS messages then put the sim back into the iphone. and check all your settings and then test. I would recomend that you atleast have 3 bars when trying to send the MMS message otherwise you may not connect for a few mins.

    If this does not work then post images of your errors and your settings.
    Last edited by phoenixfire425; 2008-07-14 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added content
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to phoenixfire425 For This Useful Post:

    Houls (2008-07-14)

  3. #2
    sweet!!!!!

  4. #3
    but then you don't get the unlimited iPhone data package plan. This makes no sense.

  5. #4
    You will have unlimited everything except for your minutes.
    Its called the "MEDIA MAX UNLIMITED"
    Its gives you unlimited...
    DATA
    SMS
    MMS
    so it makes perfect sence.

    OH and the ONLY DOWNFALL THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION.....
    you loose visual voice mail
    but you can just dial to your voice mail to check it.
    but if you ask me its well worth that loss.

    pstt dont forget the thanks
    Last edited by phoenixfire425; 2008-07-10 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i confirmed this. except i had changed my IMEI with ziphone to a razr i have. told AT&T to confirm i "didnt" have an iphone. unlocked, activated it, installed swirly. finally became satisfied with the iphone txt/mms msg!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stl56 View Post
    i confirmed this. except i had changed my IMEI with ziphone to a razr i have. told AT&T to confirm i "didnt" have an iphone. unlocked, activated it, installed swirly. finally became satisfied with the iphone txt/mms msg!
    congrads!
    Thanks for the report.
    I will add the IMEI change from your post to the orig post.
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  8. #7
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    But how long before the network detects your iphone and disables MMS? It's never been a question on whether or not it works because it's been proven that AT&T customers can use it. the question is how long will it last. In most cases, AT&T figures it out after a couple of days.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2008-07-10 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    But how long before the network detects your iphone and disables MMS? It's never been a question on whether or not it works because it's been proven that AT&T customers can use it. the question is how long will it last. In most cases, AT&T figures it out after a couple of days.

    I have had mine running with the current config for over 3 months now with absolutly no problems..

    This is because the network sees your IPhone as a different phone.
    So there for they have no clue.

    If everything is setup correctly then ATT should see your phone as what ever phone you are posing as. (ie. i am pretending i am a sony w300i)

    ATT looks at the IMEI of the phone. so if you fake the IMEI or have ATT beleive the IMEI is a different phone. then it will work.

    Your service is provided because of the SIM card.
    You IMEI is the phones Unique ID.
    so as long as the account has an IMEI as a Phone that can Send and receive MMS. Then you are able to send/receive MMS.

    Does that kinda make sense?
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  10. #9
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    This works... been doing the same thing for a while now.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    Houls (2008-07-14)

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This works... been doing the same thing for a while now.

    Thanks for the confirm.
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  13. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    I have had mine running with the current config for over 3 months now with absolutly no problems..

    This is because the network sees your IPhone as a different phone.
    So there for they have no clue.

    If everything is setup correctly then ATT should see your phone as what ever phone you are posing as. (ie. i am pretending i am a sony w300i)

    ATT looks at the IMEI of the phone. so if you fake the IMEI or have ATT beleive the IMEI is a different phone. then it will work.

    Your service is provided because of the SIM card.
    You IMEI is the phones Unique ID.
    so as long as the account has an IMEI as a Phone that can Send and receive MMS. Then you are able to send/receive MMS.

    Does that kinda make sense?
    couldnt explain it any better. You wont be busted by AT&T for doing it or anything cause they don't know you physically have an iPhone they go by the IMEI of the phone. Thats why i activated my sim with a v3 razr and enabled MMS on there then i just popped my sim in iPhone after jailbrake/fake IMEI through ziphone. walla! it sends so smoothly now. and the best part is, even if EDGE is turned off (BossPref) it will still show if you have an unread MMS without having to be connected (i dont have internet plan). Then when i see i have a msg i just enable EDGE, download, then disable EDGE again. simple new version of Swirly is sooo much better too. Buying it is the first thing Im doing once it expires trial.

  14. #12
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    I have had mine running with the current config for over 3 months now with absolutly no problems..

    This is because the network sees your IPhone as a different phone.
    So there for they have no clue.

    If everything is setup correctly then ATT should see your phone as what ever phone you are posing as. (ie. i am pretending i am a sony w300i)

    ATT looks at the IMEI of the phone. so if you fake the IMEI or have ATT beleive the IMEI is a different phone. then it will work.

    Your service is provided because of the SIM card.
    You IMEI is the phones Unique ID.
    so as long as the account has an IMEI as a Phone that can Send and receive MMS. Then you are able to send/receive MMS.

    Does that kinda make sense?
    I totally understand all of the above. I even suggested it a while ago for users getting stuck. Read this.

    A few people said it didn't work for them. It looks like it might have something to do with method of activation as well....just adding my .02 cents. I'm on TMobile so it's not an issue for me.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Stl56 View Post
    couldnt explain it any better. You wont be busted by AT&T for doing it or anything cause they don't know you physically have an iPhone they go by the IMEI of the phone. Thats why i activated my sim with a v3 razr and enabled MMS on there then i just popped my sim in iPhone after jailbrake/fake IMEI through ziphone. walla! it sends so smoothly now. and the best part is, even if EDGE is turned off (BossPref) it will still show if you have an unread MMS without having to be connected (i dont have internet plan). Then when i see i have a msg i just enable EDGE, download, then disable EDGE again. simple new version of Swirly is sooo much better too. Buying it is the first thing Im doing once it expires trial.
    thank you for the compliment.



    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I totally understand all of the above. I even suggested it a while ago for users getting stuck. Read this.

    A few people said it didn't work for them. It looks like it might have something to do with method of activation as well....just adding my .02 cents. I'm on TMobile so it's not an issue for me.

    See i activated with my iphone then later i called and told them to switch me back to the w300i. and i jailbroke with iliberty. and then since i already activated with itunes before i just reactivated with itunes.
    i am still using the same SIM that came with the phone
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    Ok only because i am tired of seeing threads about Swirly not working and the battle of people arguing the point that swirly does not work with AT&T.

    Lets put this myth to rest

    SWIRLY MMS DOES WORK WITH ATT!

    here is how i did it.

    To ALL AT&T people.

    Here are confirmed working settings on my and several others phones.
    BUT you have to get off of the AT&T IPhone plan.
    Call ATT and tell them that you switched to your old phone.
    i had a Sony W300i. that i told them that i switched to.
    (you might also have to download the swirly fake phone patch. I did not have to use this. but on a friends i had to use the W800i patch. you can find this on the swirly repo.)
    Turn your phone off After they do the switch.
    turn the phone on.
    they will ask you if you can get on the media net.
    tell them no.
    ask them to take you off the network and put you back on the network. they will tell you to power cycle your phone..
    after that open safari.
    if you can access the web great. (make sure WiFi is off to see if you are going to the ATT AP not your WiFi)

    After all of that Download Swirly.
    Reboot your Phone.
    Set the Settings
    and then send/receive your messages!!




    use these settings.
    _____________________________________________
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: (leave Blank)
    Password: (leave Blank)

    Image size: Medium
    _____________________________________________
    These work for me.
    Thank You for this comment. That is also a way to fool the ATT system.

    ok i did exactly what you said.
    i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone with the 1.1 swirlymms app.
    i called att and told them that im switching to a LG CU575 and gave them the IMEI code to do so. the phone works fine. everything is the same as before and like you said; the visual voicemail is not working.
    i put in the exact settings as the ones you say work.
    however, it is still not working for me.

    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 066.209.011.032

    APN: wap.cingular
    username: blank
    password: blank

    image size: medium

    just like you said.

    when i try to send a message i get an error message saying:

    Failed to send MMS.
    possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

    The MMS is placed in the outbox


    please help me.
    i have been trying to get this to work for hours and i dont want all this work to go to waste.

  17. #15
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    APN: wap.cingular.com is what I use.

    I ended up having to clone the IMEI from my other device to my iPhone in order to get it to work. Also after they took you off the iPhone plan you added back the Media Max, right?....

  18. #16
    yeah. i added the media plan. i asked her, "do i still get unlimited texting and internet?" and she said yes. its like.. 35$ right? if so, yeah. ill add in the .com to the APN and see if that changes things. i should have wifi and edge on right? and yeah i told the the IMEI code for my old phone. im guessing thats what i do..

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis barker View Post
    ok i did exactly what you said.
    i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone with the 1.1 swirlymms app.
    i called att and told them that im switching to a LG CU575 and gave them the IMEI code to do so. the phone works fine. everything is the same as before and like you said; the visual voicemail is not working.
    i put in the exact settings as the ones you say work.
    however, it is still not working for me.

    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 066.209.011.032

    APN: wap.cingular
    username: blank
    password: blank

    image size: medium

    just like you said.

    when i try to send a message i get an error message saying:

    Failed to send MMS.
    possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

    The MMS is placed in the outbox


    please help me.
    i have been trying to get this to work for hours and i dont want all this work to go to waste.

    If you still have the old phone that you used the IMEI number for try powering that up and see if you can send and receive the MMS.

    ALL of the MMS settings are case sensitive.

    If you can send and receive the MMS on the old phone power off your iphone and then power it back on.. check to see if you can connect to the internet..
    if you can then check you settings again on the MMS.

    If this still does not work call ATT and tell them to take your phone off the network and then put you back on the network.
    then power off the iphone

    make sure you have the Media max package or package that suppors MMS.

    once they take your phone off the network and put it back on then wait a sec and then power it back on.

    check to see if you see the green M at the top right of the IPHONE screen and then if so you are connected.
    now try again.

    let me know if you get an error.
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    APN: wap.cingular.com is what I use.

    I ended up having to clone the IMEI from my other device to my iPhone in order to get it to work. Also after they took you off the iPhone plan you added back the Media Max, right?....

    hey i added the ".com" to the APN and the m in the top right corner of the iphone (next to battery) wont turn green; meaning the settings cant be right.

    BUT i feel dumb and i could be saving thousands of people right now.

    listen to this... you might freak...

    every phone number has an "email" you text.

    just act like your sending a picture with your email on your phone.
    go to the picture you wanna send and select "email picture"

    then enter the "email address" of the phone you wanna send it to.

    read bollow. maybe it will make more since after

    att's is the phone number you wanna send a text to including the area code; like this: "[email protected]" that is for SMS texting.
    the one for MMS is "[email protected]"

    i sent a picture to a friend just now and he says he got it. i didnt believe him so i sent a picture to another friend.

    the next one i sent was to a verizon customer.
    the one for verizon is:
    "[email protected]"

    she says she got it!
    AMAZING OR WHAT?!

    i didnt believe the first one.. cause i mean.. all of these posts trying to explain how to get past it.. and all you have to do is email a picture to there those simple "email address"

    wow.. im amazing but also i just thought..

    i THINK i have tried this before and it didnt work? maybe?

    but now it does.. so MAYBE you have to get off the iphone data plan then it would work?

    maybe the first time i tried it i was just dreaming and this works with the iphone plan? someone let me know.
    Last edited by Travis barker; 2008-07-10 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #19
    Yes i knew about the email system that they have in place. its used to send the MMS messages.

    but you have to make sure you are OFF ALL IPHONE DATA plans..
    get your old phone working for sending and receiving MMS message.. then once that works simply just put the sim card back into the IPHONE. it should work as long as you have all the setting correct.

    MMS and IPHONES are some fun huh.. lol
    Last edited by phoenixfire425; 2008-07-10 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

  22. #20
    wait wait why do i have to make sure im off all iphone data plans?
    are you saying i have to be off the iphone data plan for the email mms to work or are you talking about swirlymms still?

    i am off the iphone data plan. i am on the media max plan for my "lg cu575" but im not talking about swirly anymore. im talking about the email mms backway.

    i honestly give up on swirlymms now because i have mms technically...

    why would you go through all this trouble for getting swirlymms to work when you can send pictures to phones with email?

    is there something im not getting? because this really seems to good to be true.

    i mean.. people still have to send pictures from there phones to my email.. but that is practically the same thing as texting..

    and idk if you know what im talking about..

    it isnt a normal email..
    im sending it directly to my friends phone. not there email.

    do you get that?
    Last edited by Travis barker; 2008-07-10 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •