Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDialer

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default iDialer
    iDialer v1.0

Available via the ModMyI Installer repo.

iPhone intelligent dialer application.

Should display your current phone keypad.

Press digits to modify the displayed phone number.

Press Dial to dial.

Press Backspace to clear one digit. Hold for 0.5 seconds to clear all digits.

Press +Contacts to save current number as default.

Press Exit to exit without dialing.

Future features:

Add touchtones when pressing keys
    Launch Contacts, Recents, etc (?) to replace all phone functionality

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

jorgeojeda (2008-06-20)

what's the difference??????

iDialer remembers a favorite phone number and let's you dial based on differences from it.

For example, the default is 434-555-1212. If I need to dial in my area code, I just dial 7 digits, and the area code remains.

If I needed to dial 434-555-1234, I just dial 34 and it gets the rest from the favorite number.

If you have a work place with 4 digit dialing, you could put in your own number, then 4 digit dial anyone else at work, etc.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

is this my dialer design? =) I made the exact design and posted on the skinning forum a while ago.

pf,

is there any chance to talk to you via IM or on IRC in regards to expansion of this app?

No, its a native translation of the web version I did a while ago.

The native version is much more responsive.

Oh! I think I missed what you meant. The program uses what
    ever dialer you have configured for the built-in phone application.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-12-24 at 12:03 AM.
    Pocket-sized Development

useless but thnx anyway

ouch!
    Pocket-sized Development

there was something like this on my old samsung a500 but it was more advanced.. u just entered the last 4 digits of any number regardless of area code or prefix and it would dial the number in your phone book matching the last 4 digits

what about smart dialing like on window mobile pro? work great!! all you have to do is to dial a # like 8 for exsample and it will find all the # that start with 8 include the one you have dialed and from the phone book.
    can that be devolped?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to herzel For This Useful Post:

NetMage (2007-12-25)

Interesting, but for me the backspace doesn't seem to do anything. I've got a number on the screen (434) 555-1212 that I cannot clear. The number will only change if I start typing other numbers in, overwriting the current number. Also, while pressing random numbers to clear the initial number, the app quit back to springboard.
    Could be very useful though, thanks.

first a speed dial, and now a dialer????? this is so amazing!

what's next? a recent calls app?

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Interesting, but for me the backspace doesn't seem to do anything. I've got a number on the screen (434) 555-1212 that I cannot clear. The number will only change if I start typing other numbers in, overwriting the current number. Also, while pressing random numbers to clear the initial number, the app quit back to springboard.
    Could be very useful though, thanks.
    The base number is always displayed. Type in your home phone number, then press the +Contacts button.

Now your home phone number is the default. Type in part of a number to dial the number.

Press backspace to restore the default number.

Also, there is a bug that crashes when you type more than the digits allowed in the phone number.

Finally, this is programmed for US Format Numbers at the moment.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-12-24 at 07:34 AM.
    Pocket-sized Development

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2007-12-25)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brettt View Post
    first a speed dial, and now a dialer????? this is so amazing!

what's next? a recent calls app?

You know, these posts are why I don't like developing free software...

Screenshot (using the wonderful Aqwoah dialpad by Armadillo).

The white numbers are what I typed, the greyish-yellow numbers are from the default number.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.jpg  
    Pocket-sized Development

Quote Originally Posted by herzel View Post
    what about smart dialing like on window mobile pro? work great!! all you have to do is to dial a # like 8 for exsample and it will find all the # that start with 8 include the one you have dialed and from the phone book.
    can that be devolped?
    Look for kDialer coming soon
    Pocket-sized Development

Look for kDialer coming soon"

COOL........Ill follow up on this.
    thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

For those who insist on posting sarcastic comments referring to apps that have been developed and offered to anyone at no cost, I suggest that you go take a look at Handango, which offers applications on the Windows Mobile format, among others. They charge. Big time. And, they have the audacity to add "protection" charges to the costs.

If you don't appreciate all the hard work and generosity of those who are creating the apps for the iPhone - whether or not you find a particular app useful to you personally - then just take a look at what those of us that came to the iPhone after using the WM format for years had to deal with.

Personally, I just want to say a HUGE thanks to all the developers for their labors of love and committment to the iPhone community at large.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

centurionone (2007-12-26), method77 (2007-12-25), Napoleon_PhoneApart (2007-12-25)

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    For those who insist on posting sarcastic comments referring to apps that have been developed and offered to anyone at no cost, I suggest that you go take a look at Handango, which offers applications on the Windows Mobile format, among others. They charge. Big time. And, they have the audacity to add "protection" charges to the costs.
    I suggest losing this pointless paragraph in your original post unless you're trying to scare n00bs. Anyone that knows anything about Windows Mobile would be at A Dev, for FREE, and not at Handango. I agree with the later part of your post, but this part wont do anything to change the way people will always post on forums like these and isn't gonna make people suddenly "see the light".

EDIT: Also, people don't "run" from WM to an iPhone, unless they're clueless. I use both my iPhone and 8525 which is perfect for the office and still offers more than my iPhone. Since the ROM running in it is of my own creation with the help of a few other devs at xda(thanks JJ), it never needs to be SR or has the dreaded SOD. The apps ported over to it make it an envy of many device users that I show it, and I've been offered twice whats it worth on several occassions. *sigh* Usually people knock things they themselves know little about or "think" they do because they owned a WM device. Oh, and dropping a CAB into your device doesn't make you a "developer" or an expert on Windows Mobile.

When the iPhone community as a whole stops developing pointless apps like bobble heads or fart noises and starts to focus on apps that are actually needed, maybe people will take posts like yours more seriously. Instead of an entire month dedicated to i-crapp-a-day with apps that kids would enjoy (no offence), and maybe take those 30 days and work on a Call Blocker or working MMS, then maybe your statement would have more merrit. I'm sorry, but the reason I still use an iPhone (when out), and a WM device (for work), is because developers for WM focus more on applications adults need over games or iCandy kids like. Seriously, how many "gee look at this app...you shake it" releases are gonna be the at the forefront of developing? -ronfin
    Last edited by ronfin44; 2007-12-25 at 09:12 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

method77 (2007-12-25), vinodis (2008-01-01)

Thanks

I agree with that whole post
    To live, you have to lie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast