Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 307

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Smsd

  1. #1
    Default Smsd
    Hello,

    I will be announcing new versions of SMSD in this thread. Stay Tuned.

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!

    Hello,

    SMSD has moved to a new home. I had to do this because Google Code host only open source projects. SMSD code is changing rapidly and is not ready for the world yet. That is why I have put all the files and info on some other site.

    You can track SMSD at its new home http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/smsd.

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 2007-12-22 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

    quahog_convo (2008-01-07), sachintyagi (2008-05-08), saifeeab (2008-01-20), Tanmay (2008-08-30)

  3. #2
    HI Amrut,

    Great Great app but unable to use it since 0.09 came out. Did send you an email regarding the problem faced but didnt hear from you.

    Any solution to it crashing on my phone? No other app crashes though except for smsd and that is the one I really really want on my phone. Thanks.

    Cheers.

  4. #3
    Thanx, Waiting patiently. But I also have had problems with 0.9 I couldnt even install it (im on 1.0.2.) but im still good on 0.8 works perfect for me

  5. #4
    Does it mean you are not open-sourcing your application? I have seen you used certain code of someone in it and originally licensed the application as GPL?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -smsd-lic.png  
    Last edited by piranha; 2007-12-22 at 09:48 PM.

  6. #5
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    Does it mean you are not open-sourcing your application? I have seen you used certain code of someone in it and originally licensed the application as GPL?
    Well from reading what he said... It is not ready for the world yet because of constant changes, so it seems to be on the verge of becomming open source, but just not yet. License cops already at charge... LOL!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

  7. #6
    Default Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    HI Amrut,

    Great Great app but unable to use it since 0.09 came out. Did send you an email regarding the problem faced but didnt hear from you.

    Any solution to it crashing on my phone? No other app crashes though except for smsd and that is the one I really really want on my phone. Thanks.

    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    Thanx, Waiting patiently. But I also have had problems with 0.9 I couldnt even install it (im on 1.0.2.) but im still good on 0.8 works perfect for me

    Please take this to issues thread at http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...099#post132099

    Thanks,
    -Amrut

  8. #7
    Default SMSD v0.1
    Hello,

    Happy holidays everyone.

    This felt like a good time to release new version of SMSD (v0.1)

    This will be available on installer.app in a couple of days. Smart people among us can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com and install it manually.

    This version has following changes :

    * New Feature: If Home button is pressed while in Compose screen, application suspends and resumes at the same screen.
    * New Feature: Application will start with Inbox screen if there are unread messages.
    * New Feature: Ability to turn on/off notifier without UICtl.
    * New Feature: Ability to forward SMS using a template.
    * New Feature: Ability to forward SMS to mail.
    * UI Enhancement: To field shows keypad keyboard now.
    * UI Enhancement: In compose screen, message can be entered without tapping on the screen.
    * UI Enhancement: New (supposedly better) icon
    * UI Enhancement: Stay at the compose screen if send failed.
    * Fix : Template list was not scrolling to last template properly.
    * Fix : Keyboard keys were overlapping in international mode.
    * Fix : Received messages were shown in Sent box after sending SMS.
    * Fix : Chinese SMS.
    * Fix : Better addressbook resolution.
    * Fix : MobileSMS icon unread count goes out of sync.
    * Fix : After restart icon unread count goes out of sync.

    This is a stability release with some new features.

    Let me know if you see any issues with this.

    Again, Happy Holidays!

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

    asae (2007-12-24), eternal (2007-12-24)

  10. #8
    Great Work Amrut!

    just to add for all, be careful as this is involving replacing of your original MobileSMS.app (i guess it is for SMSD to take over when we press view in the notification when SMS comes). So suggest to keep a backup copy of the original -- for just in-case.

    cheers,

  11. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    i've got a suggestion after doing some Xmas smsing, well would it be possible to add another feature?
    the current app requires you to select one recipient, then press the + button to add another one and so on and so forth, would it be possible to select multiple recipients all at once?
    also i find it quite hard to scroll down the list of recipients if i want to del a recipient from a long list of recipients, if scrolling was enabled it would be great, either the one finger or two finger scrolling would be good...

    thanks and merry xmas!
    iPhone 8GB, Week 44, Anysim Unlocked
    FW: 1.1.1 -> Official 1.1.3 JB -> iplus 1.1.4

  12. #10
    how install?
    I install with independence smsd app, but I need to install mobilesms too?

  13. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere Here
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Wonderful!

    Installed it manually but I did not use the included MobileSMS.app in the package. I hope you can provide some option if the user wants to use SMSD as the default SMS app or the original/stock MobileSMS when a new message arrives.

    I still like the stock MobileSMS app when it comes to reading and replying to messages. I use SMSD in forwarding, multiple message sending, creating and using templates and deleting SMSs. I will probably use SMSD as a default SMS app if chat balloons can be enabled (GUI is the same as the stock MobileSMS app).

    Suggestions:

    -Chat balloons

    -Individual SMS can be deleted by tapping on specific balloon. If a chat balloon is tapped, an option screen pops up so user can choose to DELETE or FORWARD or SAVE AS TEMPLATE or FORWARD TO MAIL or CANCEL. If a balloon is not tapped, user can simply reply to the message.

    -In short, SMSD GUI will look exactly like the default MobileSMS app except that templates can be created, SMS deleted/forwarded/saved as template (when new SMS is created, an option to send or save as template is available).

    Thanks! SMSD is wonderful as it is!

  14. #12
    Thumbs up Works great for me:)!
    Thank you for the update!

    So far so good. I will test more with time and I'll post if I found anything.

    Great app and keep it cool!

    Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy Holidays!!

    RaMod

    ps: I'm on 1.1.1 and all that stuff
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

    =The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    Wonderful!

    Installed it manually but I did not use the included MobileSMS.app in the package. I hope you can provide some option if the user wants to use SMSD as the default SMS app or the original/stock MobileSMS when a new message arrives.

    I still like the stock MobileSMS app when it comes to reading and replying to messages. I use SMSD in forwarding, multiple message sending, creating and using templates and deleting SMSs. I will probably use SMSD as a default SMS app if chat balloons can be enabled (GUI is the same as the stock MobileSMS app).

    Suggestions:

    -Chat balloons

    -Individual SMS can be deleted by tapping on specific balloon. If a chat balloon is tapped, an option screen pops up so user can choose to DELETE or FORWARD or SAVE AS TEMPLATE or FORWARD TO MAIL or CANCEL. If a balloon is not tapped, user can simply reply to the message.

    -In short, SMSD GUI will look exactly like the default MobileSMS app except that templates can be created, SMS deleted/forwarded/saved as template (when new SMS is created, an option to send or save as template is available).

    Thanks! SMSD is wonderful as it is!
    hey
    I loved the idea.
    thanks

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    Wonderful!

    Installed it manually but I did not use the included MobileSMS.app in the package. I hope you can provide some option if the user wants to use SMSD as the default SMS app or the original/stock MobileSMS when a new message arrives.

    I still like the stock MobileSMS app when it comes to reading and replying to messages. I use SMSD in forwarding, multiple message sending, creating and using templates and deleting SMSs. I will probably use SMSD as a default SMS app if chat balloons can be enabled (GUI is the same as the stock MobileSMS app).

    Suggestions:

    -Chat balloons

    -Individual SMS can be deleted by tapping on specific balloon. If a chat balloon is tapped, an option screen pops up so user can choose to DELETE or FORWARD or SAVE AS TEMPLATE or FORWARD TO MAIL or CANCEL. If a balloon is not tapped, user can simply reply to the message.

    -In short, SMSD GUI will look exactly like the default MobileSMS app except that templates can be created, SMS deleted/forwarded/saved as template (when new SMS is created, an option to send or save as template is available).

    Thanks! SMSD is wonderful as it is!
    I was going to post but then read this. Ditto! This is exactly what I was going to say. I'd like to second these requests.

  17. #15
    Could you please enable accelorometer use with app like the keyboard works on safari that feature would convince me to start using this app insted of the native one

  18. #16
    Hi I installed SMSD v.0.1 and I really like the app, however when I get a message and I press view, my iPhone goes to the native sms app, and I want it to go to smsd. I turned the notifier on. How can I solve this? Greetz

  19. #17
    Default For the brave ones..
    Hello Everyone,

    This post is for those who are brave and like to be on cutting edge!

    From now on, I am going to release a beta for SMSD before putting it on installer.app. I will wait for the feedback for a couple of days, iron out things a bit and then put it on installer.app. Those people for whom the previous version did not work should try beta and see if their problem is fixed. If it is still there then I will work with them and make sure it's fixed before the release.

    So here's the first 0.1-beta. You can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com. This has following changes.

    * New Feature : Search
    * New Feature : Delete messages from list.
    * Fix : Sync with MobileSMS icon
    * Fix : Fast opening.
    * Fix : Startup crash incase of large number of SMS.

    Let me know if this works for you.

    And Happy New Year Everyone!

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 2007-12-27 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Link!

  20. #18
    what does it meant by 'sync with MobileSMS icon"?
    If an incoming sms, and i press 'view' default mobilesms still open. So SMSD cannot be open via the 'view' button on incoming sms right?

  21. #19
    Thumbs up I'll test it!
    I'll give it a try today and post if any issues!

    Thanks for the update and keep up the good work. I just wanted to mention that the 0.1 vers. was crashing on me when wanted to text to more than one person, I'm excited to test the new beta to see if it works now

    Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

    =The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

  22. #20
    Cool Making SMSD the default app for messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by ygoubau View Post
    Hi I installed SMSD v.0.1 and I really like the app, however when I get a message and I press view, my iPhone goes to the native sms app, and I want it to go to smsd. I turned the notifier on. How can I solve this? Greetz
    Here's how to do it:

    SSH to your iPhone using Putty or Terminal and run the following commands:

    1) mv /Applications/MobileSMS.app /Applications/AppleSMS
    2) cd /Applications/SMSD.app
    3) cp Info.plist Info.plist.smsd
    4) pico Info.plist

    Edit the following line:

    Code:

    <string>com.amrut.iphone.SMSD</string>


    To have instead:

    Code:

    <string>com.apple.MobileSMS</string>


    Save and exit pico by doing the following: CTRL + O (to save Info.plist file) and CTRL + X to exit pico

    Now restart your iPhone, when a new SMS notification comes up on screen hitting "View" will load you into SMSD. Please make sure you have enabled the SMS Notifcations for SMSD.

    All credit goes to iphonedev at hackint0sh.org

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •