Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

How do you set it as the default Program, Please advise I am on the official JB 1.1.3 thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    How do you set it as the default Program, Please advise I am on the official JB 1.1.3 thanks all
    This is how you enable SMSD Notifier and SMSD Default App preferences in 1.1.3. You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

You need to restart your phone if you change default app preference.

-------

Save to template doesn't work.. when i save it , it work, but when i restart smsd (its the default sms app) the template is gone.

m using smsd 2.2v, when a message comes in on the springboard it has two optios, "view and Ignore" when i push view nothing happens, will be in springboard, and have to push smsd icon before i can see the inbox. m using 112 bl3.9
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DweezilX View Post
    Heya guys I need some help with the latest version v0.2.3beta1 I have it installed and I did the SSH run thing to set it up as the default SMS and the notify. Now I love this program dont get me wrong but it's not working right atm and now when I try to SSH back in to undo the default SMS option it give me a Bus Error when I try to run SMSD anybody have any ideas?

Great program can't wait till there's a stable version out for 1.1.3

Thanks,
    Dweez

**EDIT** Nevermind I was able to finally run it and undo the default sms thing.
    How did you do it? I get the same error: Bus Error...

since the 0.2.3b1 isnt available via installer, if i install it manually, will i be able to update it once a stable release comes out? or will i have to uninstall it manually too and then install the stable release, after keeping an eye on the SMSD homepage?

Hello, perhaps im an idiot, but i don't even knowhow to install this manually to my iphone...can somebody please give me detailed instructions? Oh by the way, I think adding groups to the contact list would be an excellent addition.Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by svenbox View Post
    How did you do it? I get the same error: Bus Error...
    What I did after getting the bus error was to reboot my phone, start up the normal sms app and while that was running I then ssh'd into the phone and ran the SMSD app. Hope this helps.

Dweez

PS New problem after I did this is that when I get one new text message it shows 24 on the sms icon and 2 = 25 and so on it's interesting

I hope smsd for 1.1.3 will work soon cause I miss smsd already and I have only 1.1.3 for 2 hours now!

i finally installed smsd 0.2.3b1 manually.
    did everything on the homepage, step by step.
    after changing all the settings to ON in the preferences of smsd thru terminal, i pressed back and then the home button.
    restarted the iphone, but the changes didnt stick.
    i was brought back to the default setting with the 'send confirmation' option only set to ON.
    the remaining two (which i too want as ON) still remained OFF.
    what did i do wrong, can anyone plz help?

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    i finally installed smsd 0.2.3b1 manually.
    did everything on the homepage, step by step.
    after changing all the settings to ON in the preferences of smsd thru terminal, i pressed back and then the home button.
    restarted the iphone, but the changes didnt stick.
    i was brought back to the default setting with the 'send confirmation' option only set to ON.
    the remaining two (which i too want as ON) still remained OFF.
    what did i do wrong, can anyone plz help?
    Here's from the author's website:
    SMSD supports 1.1.3 firmware from v0.2.3beta1. But there are some issues. Since 1.1.3, apps are executed with less privileges. Because of this, apps cannot start Services. SMSD also has an option to make it a default SMS app. This is a hack which also requires higher privileges. In short, SMSD notifier and SMSD default app options will not stick if you are on 1.1.3. But there is a workaround.

This is how you enable SMSD Notifier and SMSD Default App preferences in 1.1.3. You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

You need to restart your phone if you change default app preference.

I try this new beta in 1.1.3 and find a bug

If a create a template,save it, and return to springboard... when I return to the app, the templates are empty. The templates donīt fix

Anyone have same problem????

Please, correct this bug

Quote Originally Posted by ntetreau View Post
    Here's from the author's website:
    plz read my post carefully.
    i have already tried everything its said on the homepage ie.thru the terminal but still the changes wont stick.

Ok I'm normally content to wait for a program to be placed on installer and all that, but in this instance not. I took the plunge and went on ahead and jailbroke using ziphone's jb, and am determined not to let it kick my ***.

I've managed to get most of the programs I really cared about back up save smsd, hence my posting here. Having never installed a program manually, all I need is a short quick rundown as to how to install smsd v0.2.3beta1 - ie. which folders specifically do I place the files in, what to activate, etc etc.

Thanks in advance,

d

@division

1)using winscp browse to the application folder of the iphone and drag smsd.app over there then right click the smsd.app folder in winscp choose properties and check the box of the ownergroup permissions
    2) take smsdhelper from mobilesms.app that u have downloaded along with smsd and place it in mobilesms.app folder in the application root of ur iphone
    3) from the library folder u have downloaded take the file and place it in the library launch daemons of ur iphone.

good luck...if u require anymore assistance just tell me

hi there, unfortunatly i am still unable to start SMSD and dont know what to do about it.

I installed it manually, set all permissions to 755 recursivly and still cant get it to work. When i click it in springboard the window opens up just to close a seccond later. Any idea whats wrong?
    If i try to install SMSD with installer i encouter the same problem.

also when i try executing "/Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD" from term, i get

"bus Error" in return.

Also a strange thing is, i had nates true jailbreak installed some weeks ago and had smsd starting without any problems... after that i had to restore my phone and since them, no matter which jailbreak method i use (i tried nates, dev team and ziphone) SMSD refuses to start.

I hope anybody can help as I loved smsd and hopefully will be able to use it again soo. Specially would be nice to know what the "bus error" means.

Im running an otb 1.11 phone @ 1.13 jailbroken with ziphone.
    Last edited by Gregsen; 2008-02-17 at 03:24 PM.

@at004

Very nice instructions, many thanks for your help, dude. I got in installed and running just fine, with one problem.

I really like the backup to email function and cannot seem to get it to go. It only sends blank emails when I try to do my entire history, but I can backup single text messages just fine.

Is that something that any of you have had happen to you as well, or is it something that I'm doing/not doing? I would have thought it had to do with the rights, but seeing as how it sends a single text just fine then I'd think not.

Thanks for any assistance again.

Div
    Last edited by division; 2008-02-17 at 06:23 PM.

@gregsen

try this install the lateest beta manually
    and using winscp browse to the application folder of the iphone and right click the smsd.app folder in winscp choose properties and check the box of the ownergroup permissions

thanks mate, but as mentioned in the post before i did this allready but the problem still persists...

Quote Originally Posted by Gregsen View Post
    thanks mate, but as mentioned in the post before i did this allready but the problem still persists...
    Hi Gregsen... try this...

using winSCP... go inside the applications folder on your iphone (the one on the root folder) and then open the terminal (command-line terminal on winSCP)... enter this command instead... /SMSD.app/SMSD

tried the #/applications/smsd.app/smsd the first time but it didn't work so I played around a bit and I got it working..

worked for me...

by the way, i'm assuming you were able to set the group ownership already...
    (on the applications folder right click on smsd.app and click properties... on the bottom area there's a tick-box that says something about set group owner... just check that and apply AND then do the command line thingy...)

good luck!

Default How to get the Backup to email to work ?
    I installed 0.2.3beta (using winSCP) on Ziphone unlocked Iphone 1.1.3 firmware

SMSD starts and works BUT the most important option, BACKUP to EMAIL doesnt work. It just ends the application when the option is started.

I used terminal emulation in order to activate the options in preferences, without success.

I noticed some remarks about symlink, yet thought that is only for nates version (beside that I actually have no clue how to change a symlink anyway)

Did someone have the same though got the "backup to email" working? (THE ultimate reason for SMSD for me)- if so, please share - it would really help me out

Thanks

El

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast