Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

props to rumple for this amazing app!

i'd like to suggest if you could add the feature to look up the phone numbers by typing the names instead of numbers just like how the default SMS app works? or is it already included in the new beta? anyways, this feature would be great.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hi!
    maybe someone asked already, but will you include smileys eventually?
    iSMS-app have it, but i heard people are having trouble seeing them right on e.g. Sony Ericsson-phones...

:-)
    Turimblar

I put new beta app on my phone. It had 3 files, one Mobile sms and SMSD app. plust demon luncher. I put Mobilesms.app and smsd.app in my application folder and demon luncher in the Library folder. Now i don't have a native sms app, and smsd won't load at all

Suggestion: add the landscape keyboard and add a trash box so we can restore a deleted message if we delete it by mistake.
    thanks

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Amrut,
    Everything is back to normal with the new update except the confirmation right before sending..... It was perfect... it wasnt in the first version so if I hit send by accident the person got half a message.... Then it was released in the last 2 versions allowing to hit Send/Save to Template/Cancel after you hit the send button... If you can put this back or show me how I will be glad to do it so you dont have to release a new version just for that!!! Thanks for all the work!
    I *STRONGLY* second that: the ability to decide what to do of a message after composing it was the feature that made me choose SMSD over iSMS (not considering that having the Send button so close to the keyboard it may happen - happened to me, at least - you hit send by mistake and you can't stop the message from being sent).
    And I still haven't found out how you can save a template in this new version....

So, back to 0.2.1 for me.

Please, Amrut, bring back the confirmation before sending the message

JM

just installed the latest beta, seems to be operating fine but i am seeing no bubbles in the conversation tree at all, just the words floating w/ a little blue arrow pointing right next to each one. is this due to caches from the previous build perhaps, should i clear everything out and restart..?

Firstly, I have to say that SMSD is the most practical and usable software for the iPhone. For me this is still one of those only softwares that replaces the stock SMS program most efficiently. Maybe Apple should remove its useless SMS program and ask Amrut to develop SMSD as the default SMS reader in future firmware releases.

I have to agree with some guys that v 0.2.1 has some problems especially when trying to delete messages. The software crashes and has to be force quit. I tried installing the new beta version but wasn't able to make that work either. It starts and stays on the white background screen and then finally returns back to the springboard. I am not sure if I missed something, but i did try everything. So Amrut pls help. Right now I am waiting eagerly for the final release of v 0.2.2.

hey all,

to those of you who experience smsd freezing when deleting an sms, this may be a possible quick fix if you happen to have an older backup of your sms.db file.

the freezing started on my phone after i started receiving sms from computers like YM's mobile feature. i even tried reinstalling smsd and it didn't fix the problem. i then replaced my current sms.db file located in /var/root/library/sms with my older sms.db backup and rebooted my phone.

this quick solution fixed the problem and smsd's delete function works w/o a hitch now. that's until i receive another pc text though. but i now make sure to save backups of the phone's .db files.

thanks amrut for this simply awesome app.
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2008-01-14 at 08:50 AM.

I'm a little tired, so I may have missed something in this thread; it's a question about backup to email. Oh, it worked fine for me; I was wondering if it's possible to restore the backup back to the phone and how to do so.

So when is 0.2.2 coming?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert_anderson View Post
    So when is 0.2.2 coming?
    my question too? its been quite long since the beta is released (which i m somehow not getting to work on my phone). still eagerly waiting for the final release.

i really, really like SMSd... it is my sole SMS tool on my iPhone, and has generally only gotten better and better, but i must voice one issue w/ the latest beta build that has admittedly been just driving me nuts: the placement of the 'Send' button coupled w/ absolutely no opportunity to confirm whether to send or not... i have sent countless unfinished SMS w/ this version simply by barely touching the Send button when trying to type the letter 'o', and it is maddening.

a great example would be how just last night i was starting a msg to my thai girlfriend... was going to start w/ a nice "hello beautiful" but what she got in her inbox instead was "hell".

*PLEASE* either put the Send button higher up or bring back the confirmation dialog before a msg is sent..!

Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    i really, really like SMSd... it is my sole SMS tool on my iPhone, and has generally only gotten better and better, but i must voice one issue w/ the latest beta build that has admittedly been just driving me nuts: the placement of the 'Send' button coupled w/ absolutely no opportunity to confirm whether to send or not... i have sent countless unfinished SMS w/ this version simply by barely touching the Send button when trying to type the letter 'o', and it is maddening.

a great example would be how just last night i was starting a msg to my thai girlfriend... was going to start w/ a nice "hello beautiful" but what she got in her inbox instead was "hell".

*PLEASE* either put the Send button higher up or bring back the confirmation dialog before a msg is sent..!

Looks like your phone stopped you from being a sissy. Thats a feature

Kidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    Ditto.

I love the darker frame of the 0.2.2b window (makes the characters count a lot easier to read), but that's a dealbraker as far as I'm concerned - I'm sticking with version 0.2.1 until the confirmation dialog is brought back .

JM

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Looks like your phone stopped you from being a sissy. Thats a feature

Kidding!!!
    no, no, fair enough... i am living here in Patong, Phuket, Thailand and should admit i have 4+ thai girlfriends at the moment... as much as i love SMSd the "omfg i just sent an sms to the wrong girl" feature is going to result w/ me in the hospital w/ either acid thrown in my face or my penis cut off and fed to a duck.

please, please give us a chance to confirm before sending a msg again! *way* more important than the cursed chat bubbled imo..!

yes great app but if u can PLEASE make the accelorometer to work with the landscape keyboard function....only because it would be so much more convient for all of us that have Big fingers....i swear u would be a God to all iPhone owners....

I really wish i knew how to prog

would like to know how do i install? do i have to overwrite the original mobilesms.app folder? any guidelines on how to install? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac_oasis View Post
    would like to know how do i install? do i have to overwrite the original mobilesms.app folder? any guidelines on how to install? thanks
    No, you don't.

you install it like any other program, put it in your application folder and make sure you change the permissions to 0755

0.2.2 is already out now..

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast