Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

I see I'm not the only one that would really like a way to password protect the information stored in the SMS application ... I'd like to protect the "Backup to mail" feature, and others would like to protect the whole app. Since SMS usually holds the most sensitive information on the phone, this would be a great feature. I like the previous suggestion to allow a simple access code, but would also like to be able to lock the "Backup to mail" feature to one specific mail address. At the moment, any person familiar with the application can send my entire SMS database to his/her e-mail address in a matter of seconds. Not good

EDIT: The ability to lock the "Backup to mail" to one specific address would also make the process of making a backup easier. Just hit "Backup to mail" and it's done ...
    Last edited by Marasmus; 2008-01-06 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    hi amrut,

the only small bug left would be the 1 word per line in the conversation view (which is negligible IMHO) and the work in progress of setting it to open each time you view a new sms instead of the stock sms app.
    yeah, I'm still experiencing this problem too. hopefully he'll get it fixed in the next release. other than that, this program is awesome

Hi Brother,

Because in the China the display name of contact is last name + first name. Can you update your great app to support the system default contact name display format?

Default new smsd update in installer
    hi I recieved the red update dot on the installer icon on my iPhone home screen and saw it was an update for the already awesome application SMSD , has anyone updated yet, how is the update any problems or issues with the update is It worth updating from .1 to .2 please let me know and thanks to the creator of this great application......
    Last edited by chopperdreydey; 2008-01-06 at 10:08 AM.

Someone help,
    On two seperate phones.... Both have updated version, but one freezes when you hit delete..The other wotks perfect.. The delete turns blue and freezes, then I have to hit the home key to get to the springboard??? I didnt do anything different with updating so not sure???

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Someone help,
    On two seperate phones.... Both have updated version, but one freezes when you hit delete..The other wotks perfect.. The delete turns blue and freezes, then I have to hit the home key to get to the springboard??? I didnt do anything different with updating so not sure???
    Yes , i have same error too

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Someone help,
    Same problem here!
    Any suggestion?

first wanna say thanks for the awesome app, not expereinced any issues with the most recent verison. Just thought I'd give my input on one feature I'd like to see, the abilty to type messages with the landscape keyboard would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by mrasini View Post
    Same problem here!
    Any suggestion?
    Hello,

I have tracked this bug and its fixed. Should be available in the next release.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Great. Thank you. It is a great app. Congratulations!

Not sure whether this problem has been reported:

In conversation view, I delete all the messages (each bubble, one by one) in a particular conversation, then tap the back button to go back to the conversation lists. Then I tap on that same conversation to attempt to see the empty conversation, it crashes back to the springboard.

Hello,

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Thanks, waiting patiently 4 update! Just curious, do u know y it effects some and not others??

hey,
    even i wanna know the same.
    thanks

Default v0.2.2beta1
    Hello,

It's that time of the week. I have uploaded v0.2.2beta1. You can get it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/

This has following changes:

* New Feature : Make URLS, Mail Ids, Phone numbers 'click'able.
    * New Feature : Ability to insert multiple contacts.
    * New Feature : Ability to insert email address.
    * New Feature : Ability to insert templates.
    * UI Enhancement : New and shiny send button.
    * UI Enhancement : Change of location for character counter.
    * Fix : Delete from sms list used to freeze.
    * Fix : Down arrow in message screen was not working.

Please try it and let me know if you see any issues.

Also, if you like this app, you can donate for the future development at paypal: [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 2008-01-08 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

saifeeab (2008-01-16)

Default Send???
    Hello,

It's that time of the week. I have uploaded v0.2.2beta1. You can get it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/

Also, if you like this app, you can donate for the future development at paypal: [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Amrut,
    Everything is back to normal with the new update except the confirmation right before sending..... It was perfect... it wasnt in the first version so if I hit send by accident the person got half a message.... Then it was released in the last 2 versions allowing to hit Send/Save to Template/Cancel after you hit the send button... If you can put this back or show me how I will be glad to do it so you dont have to release a new version just for that!!! Thanks for all the work!

In my iphone this beta works great but

I try to install in other iphone this beta, but when I finish the process, I open the app, but still the screen in withe but donīt the app

I give permissions to smsd app to 755 but continue white screen

Any idea?

Default Conversation View
    Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this problem but conversation view is still not working properly. On long text messages, its still shows the message on one word lines. Is there currently a fix in the works for this?

Thanks,

It would be cool to see the app work in landscape view with a landscape keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert_anderson View Post
    It would be cool to see the app work in landscape view with a landscape keyboard.
    BUMP! DOUBLE BUMP!

this feature will be THE reason i replace the default sms app, and i know i'm not the only one. i've started a thread about it over here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24273

i would have posted it in this thread, but (at the time) i was wondering if this feature was available in any of the sms apps (not just smsd) and then further more, if ANY programs had this feature AT ALL??? i know frotz can do it when playing zork, and safari obviously can. lets get some of our community's talent together to get this worked out so that MANY programs can adopt it!!! landscape keyboard is SOOOOOOOOOO superior. i really don't like typing in portrait; it makes not sense. for me this is one of the TOP things apple dropped the ball on, and yet it hasn't been talked about in reference to 1.3 (guess we'll find out next week).

Hello,

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

WOW Amrut, these sound great, cant wait to get home and d/l this beta to my iphone. Thanks a ton for this.

Cheers, Vikas.

PS: I would be quite amazed if Apple hasnt already contacted you to include smsd in a future iphone firmware upgrade. This is the BEST application available for the iphone IMHO.

Dear Amrut,

Is it possible to implement a delivery notification for sms' sent?

Thanks.

Cheers.
    Last edited by vikasmal; 2008-01-10 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast