Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

I have released a new version of SMSD (v0.2). It will be available in installer.app soon (in a day or two) or you can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com

This version has following changes:

* New Feature : Search (Names as well as text)
    * New Feature : Conversations.
    * New Feature : Localization. (Only English and German supported as of now)
    * New Feature : Delete messages from list.
    * New Feature : Delete All messages from (inbox, sent, search) list.
    * Fix : Sync with MobileSMS icon.
    * Fix : Adding lots of contacts to To: field used to crash.
    * Fix : Keyboard vanishes after resuming.
    * Fix : Keyboard placement on compose screen.
    * Fix : Fast opening.
    * Fix : Startup crash incase of large number of SMS.
    * Fix : Long Unicode messages were garbled.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Also, you can donate for the future development of this app at paypal: [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Very nice app. I'm not sure if I could live without it now

anyways, I have encountered a problem when in the conversation view. for some reason, after the first line of text in some of my more lengthy messages, all the words start showing up on separate lines. heres an example

other than that, its a great app

P.S. it would also be nice if it previewed the first couple of lines of the latest text like the stock app does

Thanks
    Last edited by ikecomp; 2008-01-04 at 07:57 PM.

Red face App crash
    hey,
    whenever i open a message in inbox and click the trash box and then the delete message option, the app freeze for 20- 25 seconds and then crashes to springboard. i am using 0.2 .Hope it helps you develop the app in a better way.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

I have released a new version of SMSD (v0.2). It will be available in installer.app soon (in a day or two) or you can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com
    Hi Amrut, well done! looking forward to use this a replacement of the MobileSMS.

1 that i notice that might be a bug:
    why in the conversation mode, both green and grey bubble tail are pointing to the left? shouldn't it be grey's tail point to right?

and agreed with the idea of ability to type names on the To: just like in the mobile apps.

cheer,

in the conversation tab the bubbles are not appearing... and after replace mobilesms.app i can't find the original sms application icon... like i can't go into the application of the original sms... please how can i fix the bubbles issue and the original sms... thank u

EDIT SORRY I MANAGED TO FIX IT I MISTAKINGLY COPIED THE MOBILESMS.APP AS IT ONLY CONTAINS SMSD HELPER SO I RETRIEVED THE FILES OF THE APPLICATION... THANK U FOR THAT GR8 APP
    Last edited by at004; 2008-01-04 at 07:40 PM. Reason: SOLVED THE PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    hey,
    whenever i open a message in inbox and click the trash box and then the delete message option, the app freeze for 20- 25 seconds and then crashes to springboard. i am using 0.2 .Hope it helps you develop the app in a better way.

thanks
    I'm using 1.1.2 and i have a same crash. Somebody can fix it?

already updated mine...
    nice application...

hi guys just wonder wat does the option do for SMSD Notifier???

is there an option to change the name of the app?
    had it done manually and renamed the app itself, but then, the app crashed

hi Amrut,

Tested v0.2 from installer on 2 units of FW1.0.2 and runs great except for the smsd notify setting in its prefs. The first test sms i ran, i sent an sms from iphone#1 to itself & it went fine. But from the 2nd onwards i sent an sms from iphone#2 to iphone#1 & it went a bit buggy. Once turned on, here's the scenario i have replicated 100% multiple times: received an sms -view the sms opens stock sms app - return to springboard shows stock sms app's notification gone but smsd's is still there - open smsd hangs so i had to press&hold homebutton to return to springboard - open smsd again to view inbox said new sms is aready viewed even though smsd's notification was still up. Then finally return to springboard finally clears smsd's notification (sometimes needed to respring).

As long as smsd notify prefs is turned on, the 1st time you open smsd after receiving a new sms opens to a hanged screen. Am i missing a step for it to run properly? I also tried rebooting lots of times but prob still persists.

Another small bug would be that deleting sms's from conversation throws you back to springboard. With all these said, smsd is still an awesome app!
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2008-01-05 at 04:40 AM.

Red face Many bugs in v0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    hi Amrut,

Tested v0.2 from installer on 2 units of FW1.0.2 and runs great except for the smsd notify setting in its prefs. The first test sms i ran, i sent an sms from iphone#1 to itself & it went fine. But from the 2nd onwards i sent an sms from iphone#2 to iphone#1 & it went a bit buggy. Once turned on, here's the scenario i have replicated 100% multiple times: received an sms -view the sms opens stock sms app - return to springboard shows stock sms app's notification gone but smsd's is still there - open smsd hangs so i had to press&hold homebutton to return to springboard - open smsd again to view inbox said new sms is aready viewed even though smsd's notification was still up. Then finally return to springboard finally clears smsd's notification (sometimes needed to respring).

As long as smsd notify prefs is turned on, the 1st time you open smsd after receiving a new sms opens to a hanged screen. Am i missing a step for it to run properly? I also tried rebooting lots of times but prob still persists.

Another small bug would be that deleting sms's from conversation throws you back to springboard. With all these said, smsd is still an awesome app!
    hey,
    i am also facing the same problems as you except the conversation view. but whenever i view a received message in conversation view before the normal view and delete it and then open the inbox, it crashes to springboard after 10 secs. Amrut please please please help us.
    thanks

Thanks for this GREAT app.

The attachment is my localized Simplified Chinese version.

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment....9&d=1199521682

i think this might be a bug where when u recieve new sms and want to open smsd it crashes and u will have to open it again.... can u fix that please or don't make it open inbox immediately so it wont crash i have v0.2
    Last edited by at004; 2008-01-05 at 01:42 PM.

I'm also having the problem where messages in the conversation view have only one line flowed correctly and all other subsequent text placed one word per one line, in a left-aligned stack.

Also, my 5 on the notification/default SMS app. Why don't you include the setting which would do all the moving, copying, editing of the system files for us when we want to select the SMSD as a default SMS app so we don't have to go and do (screw up) it all ourselves?

Default v0.2.1
    Hello,

I have release next (bug fix) version of SMSD (v0.2.1). This will be
    available on installer in a couple of days or you can download it from
    http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com

This has following changes:
    * Localization : Italian by Bruno
    * Localization : Chinese by jackielo
    * Localization : Spanish by Jose Maria Calvo
    * Localization : Polish by Mariusz Ostrowski
    * Localization : French by Simon Vandaele
    * Localization : Norwegian by Geir Lund
    * Localization : Swedish by Sebastian Mattsson
    * Localization : Finnish by Sebastian Mattsson
    * UI Enhancement : Confirmation while deleting all messages in the list.
    * Fix : Localization support had broken Backup implementation.
    * Fix : Phone freezes!
    * Fix : Delete All used to crash.
    * Fix : Sent message was not shown in sent box if it is empty.

Let me know if you see any issues.

If you like this app, you can donate for the future development at paypal: [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

m.o.r. (2008-01-06)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Looking awesome. Getting close to an SMS replacement for me!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Looking fabulous Amrut. One suggestion, when composing a new message, is there anyway to insert a template into the message like in windows mobile? That would be great as opposed to starting with a template and then going forward.

Also, when one replies to a message, it would be great to add a template into that message. Thanks.

Cheers.

although i absolutely love this app and you have fixed almost every single thing i was hoping for....

whenever i go backup to mail, it always is a blank txt document

am i missing something or how do i fix this?

Just thought of something that I would like to see in SMSD. I have a few nosey friends who always like to poke around my text messages whenever I let them borrow my phone. What about a real simple combination required to start SMSD that can be turned on/off depending on the user's preference?

Nice appl, I'd like to replace it with default one but I couldnt see how to save the message to drafts like window mobile dose.

hi amrut,

v0.2.1 runs absolutely perfect! indeed there were no more freezes and crashes!

the only small bug left would be the 1 word per line in the conversation view (which is negligible IMHO) and the work in progress of setting it to open each time you view a new sms instead of the stock sms app.

right after installing v0.2.1, i already hid my stock sms spp and smsd is now a perfect default sms application. thanks a ton for all your hard work!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast