Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks rumple for 0.1Beta!

Working fine with my 1.1.1 iPhone.

I hope you can make an option if one wants to use SMSD or the default SMS app to open when new SMS comes in. Also, chat bubbles will make it the ultimate SMS app!

....ultimate app if it has chat bubbles and mainly (for me anyway) is being able to select mutiple contacts at once (like check marks next to each name rather than havign to add each individually)

smsd is an awesome app. But even the beta version misses things.

1) When I backup to email, the txt file is empty (0bytes).

2) It needs an option to make smsd the default sms app.

3) When messages are older then a week, they are still displayed as received on for example Thu 6.15 PM. It should be Thu 20/12/07 or something like that.

4) I don't like the text balloons in the native app, so I wouldn't mind them being left out in a next version, but an option for those who do like it should be nice.

5) What is the function of the 'sms notifications' option? For me, nothing changes when I put it on or off.

Thanks again for the great app.

Default Brave Ones.
    Hello,

New beta (v0.1beta2) is released. Brave people can download it from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com

This has only one new (that too very crude) feature :

* New Feature : Bubble view.
    * Fix : Beta1 was crashing while deleting SMS.

Let me know what you think about this.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Smile The Bubble Chat view
    hey,
    I tried the conversation view but it doesn't work at all (see the screenshot below) and when ever i get a message i am not informed till i exit and re-open smsd while i am already using it. Hope it helps to develop your app in a better way.

thanks
    Last edited by eternal; 2007-12-28 at 06:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nice!!! You're getting close to perfection...

I hope in the next release you can reply, delete, forward, make template in the bubble view.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    Nice!!! You're getting close to perfection...

I hope in the next release you can reply, delete, forward, make template in the bubble view.

Thanks!
    hey,
    is your bubble view working. Please put a screenshot.
    thanks

In the first and the second beta version the auto-capitalisation isn't working. Not too much of a problem, but it would be handy if you could correct that in the next version.

I am really looking forward to the option to make smsd the default sms app.

The backup to email option still isn't working. I just get an empty email.

The old messages still are displayed with the day and time (thu 6.15pm) instead of the day and date (thu 20/12/07 e.g.).

It would also be nice if the time appearance is the same as your iPhone (like 18.15 instead of 6.15PM), sorry, I'm European.

Grtz.

Quote Originally Posted by ygoubau View Post
    In the first and the second beta version the auto-capitalisation isn't working. Not too much of a problem, but it would be handy if you could correct that in the next version.

The old messages still are displayed with the day and time (thu 6.15pm) instead of the day and date (thu 20/12/07 e.g.).

It would also be nice if the time appearance is the same as your iPhone (like 18.15 instead of 6.15PM), sorry, I'm European.

Grtz.
    Autocapitalization : can be fixed easily.
    Backup email : Its working for me. Can you try sending the mail to a different id? Some mail services block some content.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Grtz.

Smile Bubbles now working
    hey,
    my bubble chat view is working now.the problem was dat i had renamed my MobileSMS.app to AppleSMS to make SMSD default but as amrut told me, smsd use the bubbles from MoblieSMS.app.
    thanks

hey,
    i thought it would be nice if you could add a deleted items folder.
    thanks

hey,
    when ever i get a message i am not informed till i exit and re-open smsd while i am already using it but the same doesn't happen in mobilesms. Seems to be a bug in iphone-smsd. Hope it helps to develop your app in a better way
    thanks
    Last edited by eternal; 2007-12-28 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Bubble baloon
    Nice improvements.

The incoming bubble baloon is mirrored, the baloon tip should start from the left and not from the right, don't know why.
    Also in Compose screen if i press the home button before send the iPhone freezes.

Tested on 1.1.1.

If i wanted to install this using iphonebrowser, could i simply put it in the applications folder and set permissions to 755 and be ok? Or is there more work that i will have to do?

In the Beta2 version, when you are writing an sms, and for some reason you need to go back to your springboard, and you go back to the sms, you cannot write anything anymore. Nothing happens when you put your cursor in the text and nothing happens when you just start typing. Sending works though. Must be a bug. Grtz

Green Apple
    Thanks

The freezing when home button is pressed and auto-capitalization when starting to write an SMS happens to me too with beta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    The freezing when home button is pressed and auto-capitalization when starting to write an SMS happens to me too with beta 2.
    hey,
    this will not happen if you first click in recipient's area and then in the message area.
    thanks

Maybe its just me, but whats with the Japanese in the main screen?! I don't use it so there for it should be the opposite like, let me write the regular way and have the Japanese writing in the little box under the main one in case you want to type it in that language.

I like the new features to it , but now all that really ticks me off is that I have to look at that small writing to see what I wrote and tap the Japanese button on the right corner to get up on the main screen. NOT GOOD!!

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Default v0.1beta3
    Hello,

I have uploaded (yet another) beta. You can get it at http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com

I know that releasing beta everyday is crazy but as I am just one guy with one iPhone, my testing is minimal and if I put it on installer.app, 40K+ people will install and flood my mailbox with issues I hope you guys understand.

This beta has much better conversation views. Please try it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    Maybe its just me, but whats with the Japanese in the main screen?! I don't use it so there for it should be the opposite like, let me write the regular way and have the Japanese writing in the little box under the main one in case you want to type it in that language.

I like the new features to it , but now all that really ticks me off is that I have to look at that small writing to see what I wrote and tap the Japanese button on the right corner to get up on the main screen. NOT GOOD!!

Later,
    RaMod
    Hello,

I have no clue what you are talking about What is the "main screen" you mention? Can you explain with some example? With screenshots maybe?

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 2007-12-29 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Initial Observations:

-In conversation view, when a chat balloon is deleted the app crashes (returns to Home).

-When composing SMS and home button is pressed, returning to SMSD no
    longer freezes.

-When composing new SMS, there is still no auto-capitalization of the first
    letter in the compose box.

Suggestions:

-Would it be possible for the chat/conversation view to look exactly like
    the default SMS app? Reply by tapping on the bottom of the thread so
    that you can still see/view the chat balloons you are replying to (just like in the default SMS app.).

-Remove the ">" sign in chat balloons and instead a tap anywhere on the balloon
    itself brings up an option to forward, forward to template, forward to
    email and cancel.

-Conversation view should be sorted and with time stamps. Latest thread
    should be on top of the list.

Thanks a lot Amrut! A few more tweaks and you have the best SMS application out there!!!
    Last edited by amf; 2007-12-30 at 04:19 AM.

I don't know what I did, but now I have Japanese writings when I want to type a sms and under it shows the English version of the text. I don't think is from the beta updates, but I have no clue how to fix it and where I did wrong.

Any idea how to fix this?!

Thank you!
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast