Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

I installed SMSD on three 1.1.4 iPhones. Everything works fine on 1 but the other 2 the conversation feature crashes back to spring board when pressed. Method used was as proposed on website and no difference in installing for all 3. Very strange that it is stable on 1 and unstable on other 2. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Uninstall Term Vt100
    Vt100 does not work on 1.13 and up.

Install Terminal 2.07b it works on 1.1.3/1.1.4 its the fix.
    where to find this vt100, for this smsd works on my v1.1.4?

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this app needs to be fix to work better. What's happened to the development, it was really going somewhere and all of a sudden stopped...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Ok here's another perplexing problem. After having issues with SMSD with the 3 iPhones (Mine and 2 friends). I uninstalled the app from the other two iphones and copied my SMSD.app, SMSDHelper, and Launch Daemon files and folders over. On 1 iphone SMSD now works flawlessly i.e. everything works including conversation view just like mine, but on the other iPhone the icon fails to mount in the springboard.

As a result when I go to the root and /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD I get an error 138 and the app fails to open. It seems as though it fails to recognise that the app is there. No icon in Springboard at all. Tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any help would be apppreciated. Esp on how to mount the app in the springboard.

P.S. I can see all files and folders in the iPhone via SSH and Terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by volkslove View Post
    Ok here's another perplexing problem. After having issues with SMSD with the 3 iPhones (Mine and 2 friends). I uninstalled the app from the other two iphones and copied my SMSD.app, SMSDHelper, and Launch Daemon files and folders over. On 1 iphone SMSD now works flawlessly i.e. everything works including conversation view just like mine, but on the other iPhone the icon fails to mount in the springboard.

As a result when I go to the root and /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD I get an error 138 and the app fails to open. It seems as though it fails to recognise that the app is there. No icon in Springboard at all. Tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any help would be apppreciated. Esp on how to mount the app in the springboard.

P.S. I can see all files and folders in the iPhone via SSH and Terminal.
    Interesting problem

I wonder if you have problem with your BSD Subsystem.... can you try to run from Vt100 another application and see what happens.... Try to run another 3rd party application.

Rick

Not sure if people are still having issues with the "backup to mail" issue with SMSD if you are here is the solution:

Run SMSD from command line as root and run the backup (this will work and create the SMSD.backup.txt file and mail it for you)
    Then you can stop the process and go to the folder where this is created:

/private/var/Applications/SMSD.app

cmod 777 /private/var/Applications/SMSD.app

and then chmod 777 the SMSD.backup.txt in that directory.

Running SMSD as normal will work fine when backig up.

Only issue i have now if the unread mails, the bubbles no longer appear but the sms's are still unread to mobilesms.app and kate reminder app :-(

Well, I cant use this app in any useful way until the conversation view works. Ive tried it on a number of occasions, on fw 1.1.4 but it just wont do the deal. I should also say that I had previously also tried when i was on fw 1.1.3 and the same thing happened. no conversations, no templates. crashcrashcrash.

it crashes when i start it i tried permission 0777 0755 and everything else this app is messed up!

Quote Originally Posted by starfreak View Post
    it crashes when i start it i tried permission 0777 0755 and everything else this app is messed up!
    Are you on 1.1.4? Have you tried this? http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost...91&postcount=4

Wink How to fix SMSD Crashes on 1.1.4
    The problem with SMSD is it cant understand the old sms.db in /var/root/Library/SMS or /var/mobile/Library/SMS
    for the existing system 1.1.4 so it crashes

So, to workaround the problem:

Install the latest Beta version of SMSD from:
    a) Using Installer add source SOSiPhone - Parce que votre iPhone le vaut bien !
    or
    b) Manually from Amrut Joshi - SMSD

Do SSH to your iPhone
    cd /var/root/Library/SMS
    mv /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db sms.db.old

cd /var/mobile/Library/SMS
    mv /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db sms.db.old

Reboot the iPhone, SMSD creates a new sms.db in /var/mobile/Library/SMS

cd /var/mobile/Library/SMS
    mv /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db /var/root/Library/SMS/.
    cp /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db.old /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db

Now, the normal SMS application reads its DB from /var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db with all old data intact.
    and Amrut's SMSD reads the DB from /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db

Hope this helps
    Arun

I just installed the BETA from the repo you listed, and it doesn't crash at all.

That's great and all, but it still doesn't save my templates. What gives? That's the only real reason I need to use this app.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

My only question is will it email the text log as it used to?
    Thanks

why is this not on installer? and if so, why is the repro not one of them that is the secure group?

Quote Originally Posted by abavera View Post
    The problem with SMSD is it cant understand the old sms.db in /var/root/Library/SMS or /var/mobile/Library/SMS
    for the existing system 1.1.4 so it crashes
    I just installed this latest and it does everytjing (tho I havent tried to get it to save a template) except conversations.

Will a changed db make an difference?

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Actually I have gone back to the default SMS (MobileSMS) and found that when I exit it (after tapping on all the unread mail) the SMS balloon is gone.
    Once I turn my phone of and back on the balloon is back as if I never read the SMS's.

More the problem is that I have now deleted SMSD and this issue still is happening.
    The only fix I have found it that I needed to delete all my messages that were present while the SMSD was installed for the true counter to take effect.

Thanks
    Hi someone got solution to this problem? This one is really kissing me off

will SMSD be released for iphone 2.0.1?

I'm also curious.. Maybe a release for 2.0.2 also now? Or maybe support under cydia?? Thnx guys for any info.

i doubt its coming out for newer firmwares....even the version for 1.1.3 & 1.1.4 were left at beta stage.

It will be great if SMSD was released on version 2.x.x. This application is fantastic.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

This will never be released.
    Author abandoned this along time ago.
    This is a past dream.

Maybe someone could create a app like it (email txt log) but I doubt it, or it would have been done along time ago.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast