Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

yea, i did say that but i edited the post once it crashed on me. I mainly played around with preferences and forwarding. I'll try the backup feature now.

EDIT: I tried the backup to mail feature and it quits with a bus error as well.

works flawlessly. But it would be nice if you could implement a button for smileys. That would be cool if added and I got 1 big that ive noticed. It says I have 53 text messages but in reality I only had 3 new text messages. Maybe this can be fixed.

use SMSD notify, that should fix the count. The option to turn that on is in the preferences. You said it works flawlessly, does yours crash at all when going to the conversation view or using the backup to email option?

I have it set to alert me but it still gives me the wrong new text msg count and then it fixes eventually. However I havent had it crash on me yet. Its been working flawlessly. As far as backing it up I havent tried that. I'll let you know later on in the day when I'm out if the transit system.

Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    I have it set to alert me but it still gives me the wrong new text msg count and then it fixes eventually. However I havent had it crash on me yet. Its been working flawlessly. As far as backing it up I havent tried that. I'll let you know later on in the day when I'm out if the transit system.
    Same here, I have been using it for a while now and it has never crashed on me yet... and the problem of reporting the wrong number of sms is due to counting the sms you receive + the sms you send ... that should be easily fix if the developer wanted to.... my guess is that this application will go the iLog path, next time there is an update you will have to pay for it to get the full application.

i cant get the "notification" button to stay n. i really would like to know what im doing wrong. It was working earlier until i restored my phone. So i want to know what am i doing wrong.

Thanks

ok I tried to download smsd from the installer and it downloaded fine, but when I went to open it , it would open then close??? please help what did i do wrong? do i need to download mobile sms first then smsd??? i would really like to try this app out if I like it i will donate

Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    i cant get the "notification" button to stay n. i really would like to know what im doing wrong. It was working earlier until i restored my phone. So i want to know what am i doing wrong.
    You need to run /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD from your phone and set the options you want to stick.

Rick

Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post

You need to run /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD from your phone and set the options you want to stick.
    How is this done from the Phone? I also want to delete the Original SMS Icon as it still the one that has notification when you recive a new message. I wanted the SMSD icon to have this red flag. Any tips?

Thanks!

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by hobie1 View Post
    How is this done from the Phone? I also want to delete the Original SMS Icon as it still the one that has notification when you recive a new message. I wanted the SMSD icon to have this red flag. Any tips?

Thanks!

Francis
    Yes, you need to do it from your iphone, you need Open SSH, BSD and Vt100 installed

I would not delete the original icon if I were you, move it to the last screen as I did. When you run the command I mentioned in an earlier post and let SMSD be the default sms application you will hardly need the original BUT don' delete it.

I hope that helps

Rick

Recent problem, I have the beta version 2.3 because 2.1 keeps crashing on me.

Anyways, it works fine, except when I'm trying to save templates. It saves then I click the home button, open SMSD back up and the template is gone replaced with the example template.

Oh, it also crashes when I hit the CONVERSATIONS button.

I had this before working fine, but it just stopped working for some reason.

Anyone else having this problem or have a fix?

1.1.3 ziphone jailbroken/unlocked.

Thanks.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 2008-05-02 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Yes, you need to do it from your iphone, you need Open SSH, BSD and Vt100 installed

I would not delete the original icon if I were you, move it to the last screen as I did. When you run the command I mentioned in an earlier post and let SMSD be the default sms application you will hardly need the original BUT don' delete it.

I hope that helps

Rick
    Thanks Ric,

I have Open SSH installed with no icon, BSD Subsystem and Term-vt100.

I tried to run Term-vt100 then I get a dos like screen. I then typed

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

but when I press return, nothing happens. I then go to SMSD preferences and set SMSD as Default App and Notifier to ON. I then restart the phone. But when I check SMSD Preferences again, Notifier and Default is OFF again.

Do I have to login when using Term-vt100? I just click on the icon and a screen comes up. I then type this: # /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Francis

Thanks Ric,

I have Open SSH installed with no icon, BSD Subsystem and Term-vt100.

I tried to run Term-vt100 then I get a dos like screen. I then typed

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

but when I press return, nothing happens. I then go to SMSD preferences and set SMSD as Default App and Notifier to ON. I then restart the phone. But when I check SMSD Preferences again, Notifier and Default is OFF again.

Do I have to login when using Term-vt100? I just click on the icon and a screen comes up. I then type this: # /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Francis
    Hi,

Are you typing the "#"? Don't type the "#", that is supposed to be your prompt only - when you type that command line, SMSD should run and then you should make the changes.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Rick

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Uninstall Term Vt100
    Vt100 does not work on 1.13 and up.

Install Terminal 2.07b it works on 1.1.3/1.1.4 its the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Uninstall Term Vt100
    Vt100 does not work on 1.13 and up.

Install Terminal 2.07b it works on 1.1.3/1.1.4 its the fix.

I'm on 1.1.3 and never had a problem with Term vt100

Rick

i downloaded SMSD through installer, and when i go to the app it crashes and takes me back to the main menu, any suggestions?

Default 1.1.4
    Do SMSD supports 1.1.4 firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Hi,

Are you typing the "#"? Don't type the "#", that is supposed to be your prompt only - when you type that command line, SMSD should run and then you should make the changes.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Rick
    Hi Rick,

I did as you said and the one major difference is that SMSD power up. So i then wen to MORE > Preferences and set Defaults App and Notifier to ON. I then off my iphone but when I power it on again and go to Preferences it's still set to off.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks again for the tips.

Francis

Hi Rick,

I did as you said and the one major difference is that SMSD power up. So i then wen to MORE > Preferences and set Defaults App and Notifier to ON. I then off my iphone but when I power it on again and go to Preferences it's still set to off.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks again for the tips.

Francis
    Hi Francis,

did you set the permission as I said in my first post?

If you did then I have no idea what the problem might be.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Recent problem, I have the beta version 2.3 because 2.1 keeps crashing on me.

Anyways, it works fine, except when I'm trying to save templates. It saves then I click the home button, open SMSD back up and the template is gone replaced with the example template.

Oh, it also crashes when I hit the CONVERSATIONS button.

I had this before working fine, but it just stopped working for some reason.

Anyone else having this problem or have a fix?

1.1.3 ziphone jailbroken/unlocked.

Thanks.
    I have the same crash issues with templates and conversations, and occasionally just randomly. I'm on 1.1.4

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast