Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smsd

comeone any updates...amrut tell us if u stoped working on it or if there is an update

Ok i've used WinSCP to copy SMSD.app to the applications folder, executed via command prompt, rebooted my phone and the application launches fine. The only issue im having, that no one else seems to have is "Conversations, Search, Backup to Mail" Do not work. Selecting them sends me immediately back to the home screen. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? Im on 1.1.3 using v0.2.3beta jailbroken with ziphone

Hi i think i'm facing the very similar issues that you guys are talking about.. As for a start, Im on 1.1.4 using v0.2.3beta. SMSD works alright for me BUT when it comes to 'Bakcup to Email' - It compose the mail message but the text log attachment is never there.. Where's Amrut? Please please, i really don't wanna lose my text logs.. [thanks to steve for not including this function in MobileSMS app, NOT!!!!]

Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    I HAVE FOUND THE CURE

WORKS FOR SMSD AND WETOOL_US. Works a treat and allows you to forward SMS to multiple contacts.

you need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

/var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    /var/root/Library/SMS/

Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

Then SMSD/WeTool-US , should work.Mine is perfect on 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5

ok i deleted the folders and in a term i type In -s....
    but get back cannot find In command
    or syntax error

what am i doing wrong

Thanks

It's a lowercase "L" not an uppercase "I".

So you should type "ln -s...[etc.]" not "In -s...[etc.]"

Does anyone have Amruts phone number ? He should call him and tell him that people are dieing for new vesrion of SMSD...

Quote Originally Posted by fastdump View Post
    It's a lowercase "L" not an uppercase "I".

So you should type "ln -s...[etc.]" not "In -s...[etc.]"
    god i am blind. thanks now it works

anyone here know how to get the "templates" feature working?

i get it to work but once i exit the smsd.app and re-open it it no longer is there

it's like the template/mssg is deleted everytime i exit the app. anyone here know how to fix this?

It is too bad that obviously Amrut has abandoned developing this app for free and he is waiting for SDK and then he will improve this app and sell it trough iTunes...bye-bye Installer :-(

Default Having issues
    Hey guys.

This probably has a easy explanation but I am not as up on the iPhone file structure as I should be. I am trying to locate the SMSD.app folder so that I can copy the update files into it. I have checked every sub solder from /root on up the tree using WinSCP. It is not in the /applications/SMSD.app/SMSD like the instructions said. It is not in the /Mobile folder at least by the SMSD name. I am currently on version 0.2.1. I would have assumed it was not installed properly if I had not corrected an operational problem using the symlink fix mentioned earlier in this thread. I have used SMSD currently and it works ok except for the fact that it just does not keep track of outgoing messages. Does anyone have any thoughts?

TIA
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    I HAVE FOUND THE CURE

WORKS FOR SMSD AND WETOOL_US. Works a treat and allows you to forward SMS to multiple contacts.

you need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

/var/root/Library/SMS/

Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

Then SMSD/WeTool-US , should work.Mine is perfect on 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5

my SMSD beta was working fine until I click to select it as default.
    Now, it doesn't launch. Not even I re-installed.
    I tried the above link but it doesn't help either.

any advise?
    thanks in advance!

PS. I'm on 1.14

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy View Post
    my SMSD beta was working fine until I click to select it as default.
    Now, it doesn't launch. Not even I re-installed.
    I tried the above link but it doesn't help either.

any advise?
    thanks in advance!

PS. I'm on 1.14
    Yeah! This happened to me too, but I fixed it by deleting:

/var/root/Library/SMS/

I DID NOT delete:

nor I created the SymLinks by "ln -s"

Just SSH to the phone and delete "/var/root/Library/SMS/" and see how it goes. If it works, stop there (I'd say).

Everything's working fine for me
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    Yeah! This happened to me too, but I fixed it by deleting:

/var/root/Library/SMS/

I DID NOT delete:

nor I created the SymLinks by "ln -s"

Just SSH to the phone and delete "/var/root/Library/SMS/" and see how it goes. If it works, stop there (I'd say).

Everything's working fine for me
    doesnt work for me

when i run the command on termianl, it says :
    zsh: Bus error /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD
    Last edited by tazzy; 2008-03-29 at 06:31 AM.

doesnt work for me

when i run the command on termianl, it says :
    zsh: Bus error /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD
    Let's see...

First of all, delete the SMSD app. from your iPhone. As restore would be recomended, but I know it's hell to go through! So, if you can/want do restore to a fresh 1.1.4, if not, make sure you delete all parts of the application by SSHing into the phone. There are 3, if I remember correctly:

1) The application itself, at /Applications/SMSD (delete the whole SMSD folder)

2) The "SMSD Helper" at /Applications/MobileSMS/SMSD Helper (just delete the "SMSD Helper" file)

3) The deamon at /Library/Launch Deamons/com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist (just delete com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist)

Now restart the iPhone!

The problem is that v1.1.4 uses "mobile" as the main main user (executable) whilst previous versions used "root". Now, there are a few reasons why, but the thing is that you SHOULD run everything from "mobile" and not "root". So, your SMSD is not working because your SMS Library file (were you store all your messages) is probable under the root user, so it's not accesible by SMSD. Anyhow...

SSH again and go to "/var/root/Library/" if you have a SMS folder there, you have to delete it, because SMSD cannot access files under root, but since this version is not "made for" 1.1.4, it will try there first! So...

1) Delete "/var/root/Library/SMS/" (delete the whole SMS folder)

Now, here you could create a Symbolic Linc pointing to the right folder (same location, but under "mobile" user) but I've found it's not necessary. Just delete the damn SMS folder!

At this point you want to install SMSD, so go to:

http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/

and download a fresh copy of tha latest version. At this moment it's:

SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip

Now, SSH into the phone, again, and install the app. REMEMBER:

1) SMSD goes into "/Applications/"

2) The deamon goes to "/Library/Launch Deamons/"

AND, BE CAREFUL HERE:

3) The "SMSD Helper" it's not visible in the folder, instead, you have a MobileSMS Application, but this is just a path instruction for the automated installer, which we don't have right now, so you have to do it manually. You must Left-Click on MobileSMS and select "Show Package Contents" from the drop-down menu. That will open another folder with "SMSD Helper". This is the file you have to put INSIDE MobileSMS in your iPhone at "/Applications/MobileSMS/".

(If you were to drag the MobileSMS from the downloaded file and throw it into Applications you would lose the Original MobileSMS.app.)

Next, just for the sake of making sure, check that there's no SMS folder at "/var/root/Library/SMS/". If there is, DELETE IT!

Finally, restart the phone again and you should be set.

Last, if you want to make SMSD your default SMS application, you need to download "Term vt-100" from Installer.app (and all the patches, BSD Subsystem, etc...) and type (after login and password):

"/Applications/SMSD.app/SMS" (no quotes)

Hit ENTER

SMSD will open and THEN AND THERE you select "More" in the left top corner, then Preferences and finally, Activate the option for Default Application.

Then, restart. You'll find that SMSD is now named "Text", but the icon is the same. When you open it, it will open SMSD instead of MobileSMS.app.

Good Luck!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sirkako For This Useful Post:

tazzy (2008-03-29)

Let's see...

First of all, delete the SMSD app. from your iPhone. As restore would be recomended, but I know it's hell to go through! So, if you can/want do restore to a fresh 1.1.4, if not, make sure you delete all parts of the application by SSHing into the phone. There are 3, if I remember correctly:

1) The application itself, at /Applications/SMSD (delete the whole SMSD folder)

2) The "SMSD Helper" at /Applications/MobileSMS/SMSD Helper (just delete the "SMSD Helper" file)

3) The deamon at /Library/Launch Deamons/com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist (just delete com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist)

Now restart the iPhone!

The problem is that v1.1.4 uses "mobile" as the main main user (executable) whilst previous versions used "root". Now, there are a few reasons why, but the thing is that you SHOULD run everything from "mobile" and not "root". So, your SMSD is not working because your SMS Library file (were you store all your messages) is probable under the root user, so it's not accesible by SMSD. Anyhow...

SSH again and go to "/var/root/Library/" if you have a SMS folder there, you have to delete it, because SMSD cannot access files under root, but since this version is not "made for" 1.1.4, it will try there first! So...

1) Delete "/var/root/Library/SMS/" (delete the whole SMS folder)

Now, here you could create a Symbolic Linc pointing to the right folder (same location, but under "mobile" user) but I've found it's not necessary. Just delete the damn SMS folder!

At this point you want to install SMSD, so go to:

http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/

and download a fresh copy of tha latest version. At this moment it's:

SMSD-v0.2.3beta1.zip

Now, SSH into the phone, again, and install the app. REMEMBER:

1) SMSD goes into "/Applications/"

2) The deamon goes to "/Library/Launch Deamons/"

AND, BE CAREFUL HERE:

3) The "SMSD Helper" it's not visible in the folder, instead, you have a MobileSMS Application, but this is just a path instruction for the automated installer, which we don't have right now, so you have to do it manually. You must Left-Click on MobileSMS and select "Show Package Contents" from the drop-down menu. That will open another folder with "SMSD Helper". This is the file you have to put INSIDE MobileSMS in your iPhone at "/Applications/MobileSMS/".

(If you were to drag the MobileSMS from the downloaded file and throw it into Applications you would lose the Original MobileSMS.app.)

Next, just for the sake of making sure, check that there's no SMS folder at "/var/root/Library/SMS/". If there is, DELETE IT!

Finally, restart the phone again and you should be set.

Last, if you want to make SMSD your default SMS application, you need to download "Term vt-100" from Installer.app (and all the patches, BSD Subsystem, etc...) and type (after login and password):

"/Applications/SMSD.app/SMS" (no quotes)

Hit ENTER

SMSD will open and THEN AND THERE you select "More" in the left top corner, then Preferences and finally, Activate the option for Default Application.

Then, restart. You'll find that SMSD is now named "Text", but the icon is the same. When you open it, it will open SMSD instead of MobileSMS.app.

Good Luck!!
    thanks for the effort to type this all out!

I REALLY hope it works ... because you took time to write that.

I followed all the exact steps ... But the apps still won't launched

thanks any way!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tazzy For This Useful Post:

smar (2008-05-16)

thanks for the effort to type this all out!

I REALLY hope it works ... because you took time to write that.

I followed all the exact steps ... But the apps still won't launched

thanks any way!!
    Won't launch?!?!?

Did you give it 777 permissions??? (or 755)

Try that!

Won't launch?!?!?

Did you give it 777 permissions??? (or 755)

Try that!
    i set 755 ... I tried 777 ... still the same

sorry, need to clarify ...
    the program launched but before it can load anything, the window closed

hmmmm .... found a way to prevent SMSD from crashing
    it's working for me again!

What you need to do is : delete away all existing messages
    Last edited by tazzy; 2008-03-29 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i set 755 ... I tried 777 ... still the same

sorry, need to clarify ...
    the program launched but before it can load anything, the window closed

hmmmm .... found a way to prevent SMSD from crashing
    it's working for me again!

What you need to do is : delete away all existing messages
    Oh, yeah!

I just went through my post and it seems I forgot to mention this, so sorry!!! The thing is that for the db not to get corrupted, you need to start from a fresh one after deleting the SMS folder.

Well, glad you figured it out and got it working!

Cheers!

Oh, yeah!

I just went through my post and it seems I forgot to mention this, so sorry!!! The thing is that for the db not to get corrupted, you need to start from a fresh one after deleting the SMS folder.

Well, glad you figured it out and got it working!

Cheers!
    oh yeah ... i never gave up
    thanks again!

Default an easier way of installing smsd on fw1.1.4
    i'm simply not comfortable with doing symlinks so this is so far the easiest way i found to install the so far in limbo but otherwise brilliant SMSD app on a fw1.1.4:

1) install SMSD version 0.2.1 only from the STE Packaging repository
    2) download SMSD version 0.2.3beta1 from Amrut Joshi's site
    3) connect with your iphone using SSH.
    4) overwrite the installed SMSD.app on your phone from v0.2.1 with the v0.2.3beta1 SMSD.app from the folder you downloaded
    5) change permissions of SMSD.app folder and all its contects to 0755.
    6) delete your old sms.db file from /var/mobile/library/sms (just to start from a clean slate and avoid a corrupted sms.db)
    7) reboot your iPhone, open the default sms app (for it to create a new sms.db)
    8) try sending and receiving sms!

everything works great except for the following:
    - do not set SMSD as the default sms app, it will corrupt the phone's sms functions.
    - templates do not work since v0.2.3beta1 has a bug which prevents your newly created template from being saved.

That's what I did on my own fw1.1.4 iPhone. send and receive sms works GREAT!
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2008-03-30 at 03:30 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to m.o.r. For This Useful Post:

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- (2008-04-13)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast