Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 307

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Smsd

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by ting8663 View Post
    I am using v0.2.3beta1 with iPhone 1.1.3. There is a problem that the icon of SMSD always shows the number of new messages even I have read and deleted them...

    Any trick to share ? Thanks a lot

    Yes, I get the same problem.

    It seems the application is reading the log of unread sms from the original sms application. Since we are not longer using that application the log is never updated with read messages. There must be a way to code that sms are marked as read.

    Since the original sms application is not longer the default sms application - the problem persist after you read the messages with that application.

    Rick

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Yes, I get the same problem.

    It seems the application is reading the log of unread sms from the original sms application. Since we are not longer using that application the log is never updated with read messages. There must be a way to code that sms are marked as read.

    Since the original sms application is not longer the default sms application - the problem persist after you read the messages with that application.

    Rick
    same problem here
    I think is a bug
    we hope in next release fix this bug
    But so long without news about the app creator

  3. #203
    My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The big apple
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts

    i cant get smsd to work i have 1.1.3 and it is jailbroken, when i tap on it it opens and then it immediately goes back to the home screen. is there anything special that needs to be done to get this to work on 1.1.3?

  4. #204
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Yes, I get the same problem.

    It seems the application is reading the log of unread sms from the original sms application. Since we are not longer using that application the log is never updated with read messages. There must be a way to code that sms are marked as read.

    Since the original sms application is not longer the default sms application - the problem persist after you read the messages with that application.

    Rick
    Actually I have gone back to the default SMS (MobileSMS) and found that when I exit it (after tapping on all the unread mail) the SMS balloon is gone.
    Once I turn my phone of and back on the balloon is back as if I never read the SMS's.

    More the problem is that I have now deleted SMSD and this issue still is happening.
    The only fix I have found it that I needed to delete all my messages that were present while the SMSD was installed for the true counter to take effect.

    Thanks

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Actually I have gone back to the default SMS (MobileSMS) and found that when I exit it (after tapping on all the unread mail) the SMS balloon is gone.
    Once I turn my phone of and back on the balloon is back as if I never read the SMS's.

    More the problem is that I have now deleted SMSD and this issue still is happening.
    The only fix I have found it that I needed to delete all my messages that were present while the SMSD was installed for the true counter to take effect.

    Thanks
    That is exactly was I was saying, perhaps I did not make it clear enough.

    Did you remember to run SMSD from the command line and undo the SMSD as a default sms application, before you deleted the SMSD application?

    Rick

  6. #206
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    That is exactly was I was saying, perhaps I did not make it clear enough.

    Did you remember to run SMSD from the command line and undo the SMSD as a default sms application, before you deleted the SMSD application?

    Rick
    I never made it the default app for my SMS's

  7. #207
    Need help, how to install SMSD v.2.3 beta because I am waiting from installer never come out the update. Any solution? Thanks

  8. #208
    any updates amrut ???

  9. #209
    Default Smsd
    Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    im where your at, and still stuck. Have you managed to cure it yet ?????
    No,do it again still the same problem.Any solution.Thanks

  10. #210
    I HAVE FOUND THE CURE

    WORKS FOR SMSD AND WETOOL_US. Works a treat and allows you to forward SMS to multiple contacts.

    you need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

    /var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    /var/root/Library/SMS/


    Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

    Then SMSD/WeTool-US , should work.Mine is perfect on 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5
    Last edited by hebs; 2008-03-01 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to hebs For This Useful Post:

    anya (2008-03-21)

  12. #211
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    I HAVE FOUND THE CURE

    WORKS FOR SMSD AND WETOOL_US. Works a treat and allows you to forward SMS to multiple contacts.

    you need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

    /var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    /var/root/Library/SMS/


    Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

    Then SMSD/WeTool-US , should work.Mine is perfect on 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5
    Can you send your text log to your email?
    When you changed the above commands do you still have use of MobileSMS as well?

    Thanks

  13. #212
    Default Smsd
    Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    I HAVE FOUND THE CURE

    WORKS FOR SMSD AND WETOOL_US. Works a treat and allows you to forward SMS to multiple contacts.

    you need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

    /var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    /var/root/Library/SMS/


    Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

    Then SMSD/WeTool-US , should work.Mine is perfect on 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.5

    I am not good @ execute commands but I want to know the front
    ln -s / and back var/root/Library/ u add and type in and create new folder.Where to execute the following commands:

    I'm using 1.1.3 and 2.4.Thank U

  14. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by chuasj88 View Post
    I am not good @ execute commands but I want to know the front
    ln -s / and back var/root/Library/ u add and type in and create new folder.Where to execute the following commands:

    I'm using 1.1.3 and 2.4.Thank U
    ls -s is the command to create a symbolic link, not to create a new directory.

    You can execute the commands he gave anywhere in a terminal since it's the absolute paths, not relative paths. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(computing)

  15. #214
    Nice one hebs
    worked for me
    Thanks

  16. #215
    Hi all,

    I have 1.1.3 and ZiPhone running SMSD 2.3Beta1 and everything seems to be on track for a working application what I find is an issue right now is as follows.

    When the phone goes into sleep mode (autolock) when you get an SMS the slider says slide to view and you view the SMS which is all fine what the issue here is that the number of SMS on the icon does not go back to Zero (0) or decrement after reading and stays as if you have unread SMS.

    I have tried so many things including chown and chmod vaiuos files and directories as well as adding symlinks to no avail.

    Email to the autor has resulted in no reply, I also note that the app seems to be under no real development at present.

    Anyone got some ideas on how to make this work or an alternative besides iSMS, I really like the SMSD but I need something thats workable and at present having a list of unread SMS isnt real cool.

  17. #216
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Ok I want to get this straight before deleting things here.
    I am to delete the following folders: Addressbook, SMS (which appears to be a shortcut to I am not sure as of yet) and CallHistory.
    Now I found CallHistory in private/var/mobile/Library/CallHistory.

    This is correct?
    Can I then send my text log to my eMail like in the past version?

    Thank you

  18. #217
    i am starting to lose hope in smsd since amrut has not updated us with any information for quite a long time...well its been a nice application!!!

  19. #218
    how do I get to Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD on my iphone or PC (Windows)

  20. #219
    use winscp

  21. #220
    why do i get permission denied everytime i try to symlink? Any ideas?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •