Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 307

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Smsd

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by souloxide View Post
    Hi Gregsen... try this...

    using winSCP... go inside the applications folder on your iphone (the one on the root folder) and then open the terminal (command-line terminal on winSCP)... enter this command instead... /SMSD.app/SMSD

    tried the #/applications/smsd.app/smsd the first time but it didn't work so I played around a bit and I got it working..

    worked for me...

    by the way, i'm assuming you were able to set the group ownership already...
    (on the applications folder right click on smsd.app and click properties... on the bottom area there's a tick-box that says something about set group owner... just check that and apply AND then do the command line thingy...)

    good luck!
    thanks mate, tryed to execute the command but when i write in putty (from Application folder) "/SMSD.app/SMSD" i get file not found... or did you ment "./SMSD.app/SMSD"? When executing this one i get the same "bus error" as mentioned above...

    thanks anyway for trying to help me If you have any more ideas then just go ahead, i'll be glad to try it.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregsen View Post
    thanks mate, tryed to execute the command but when i write in putty (from Application folder) "/SMSD.app/SMSD" i get file not found... or did you ment "./SMSD.app/SMSD"? When executing this one i get the same "bus error" as mentioned above...

    thanks anyway for trying to help me If you have any more ideas then just go ahead, i'll be glad to try it.
    You need to be in the directory Applications to be able to run that command but you can run the command from anywhere...

    You need to type:

    /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD


    I hope that helps

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to rrsodl For This Useful Post:

    bigsxxxx (2008-03-02)

  4. #183
    Hi,
    I tried SMSD and iSMS
    there are certain SMSes, such as those to mobile carriers .. that is somehow different.. probably the encoding. I notice that if I send those SMS with iSMS, i don't get any response, whereas if I send it out from SMSD, i do.
    what's the difference? is there some encoding that iSMS does not support, but SMSD does?

  5. #184
    simple answer is that smsd is way way way way way better than isms

  6. #185
    Hi there,

    Great app, much prefer it to the native SMS app. I have noticed one thing that is either a bug or a missing feature.When I'm actually within the app itself (reading messages and the like) and I receive a message, it doesn't show in the inbox, untill I exit the app and enter the app again.
    Last edited by Buhce; 2008-02-21 at 04:56 AM.

  7. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    You need to be in the directory Applications to be able to run that command but you can run the command from anywhere...

    You need to type:

    /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD


    I hope that helps
    I am using vo2.3beta ( 1.1.3 ) and try many times but cannot it's show Error creating folder SMSD.app/SMSD.Kindly show a more details as I am not good into this type of command.
    So Sorry and Thank You for your help.

  8. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by chuasj88 View Post
    I am using vo2.3beta ( 1.1.3 ) and try many times but cannot it's show Error creating folder SMSD.app/SMSD.Kindly show a more details as I am not good into this type of command.
    So Sorry and Thank You for your help.
    If you use winSCP and navigate to /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD then right click and properties, you can then set permissions. You may need to set permissions to SMSNotify ( the file below SMSD ) too. Then right click SMSD again and then scroll down to custom commands and choose execute. That should load it up on your iphone so you can set preferences.
    Last edited by Buhce; 2008-02-21 at 04:58 AM.

  9. #188
    Alright to the people that cant seem to get this to work...

    Install SMSD from installer (0.2.1)...
    Exit out of installer...
    ""Assuming you have downloaded 0.2.3 beta""
    Open WinSCP...
    SSH MobileSMS.app & SMSD.app into Applications folder...
    Restart phone - I used Summerboard...

    Enjoy...

  10. #189
    Hi Buhce
    I try to do it again but still cannot open the SMSD.When I go inside /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD ,I did not see any set permissions and I can see only at /Applications/SMSD.app and then right click and properties, I set permissions.
    Then right click SMSD again and then scroll down to custom commands and choose execute.

    But still unable to get it.Btw I thinking of trying to do V2.2 and may I know what is the step of doing it.Thank U and appreciate.

  11. #190
    @chuasj88

    u have to right click smsd.app and not smsd the file!!! right click the smsd.app folder and check the set ownergroup permissions and then it should work

  12. #191
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    I to have the same issues as a few here.
    i jailbroke, unlocked, and activated my 1.1.3 via ZiPhone and
    Alright I successfully (or so I think) installed SMSD 2.3.. beta.
    I used terminal in and chose the preferences that I wanted.
    Two things:

    1. I lost the regular SMS app it no longer has a icon residing on my home page.
    2. The main reason that I wanted SMSD was so that I could send my text messages to my email.
    I can send an email within preferences but the text log is not attached.

    I guess my questions are simple ones:
    1. How do I regain the regular SMS?
    2. How do I get the ability to email my text log?

    Thanks

  13. #192
    When I enter the command /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD,it show

    /Applications$ /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD
    Can't open database: unable to open database file
    1 /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD (null)

    So what am I going to do now.
    I have Open WinSCP...
    SSH MobileSMS.app & SMSD.app into Applications folder...
    then right click and properties, then set permissions.( 755 )
    Off / On the iphone,open SMSD again,it's just open and close back.
    Do not know what is happening.
    Thanks for helping and appreciated.

  14. #193
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Can someone confirm that in the beta version you cant send the text log via email.
    I have read that a few ppl said they could not but no one has stated that that is a fact.
    I figure since I messed up to begin with by deleting the folders and replacing them that this option might work but I did something wrong.
    Anyone confirm does it work?

    Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2008-02-23 at 09:53 AM.

  15. #194
    @n0m0n

    i guess for u to lose the main sms application is that u have replace the mobilesms.app folder with the one u downloaded along with smsd.app

    the mobilesms.app folder that u have downloaded contains only one file that u have to transfer to ur real mobilesms.app on iphone and not replace the whole folder.

    this is the 1.1.3 mobilesms.app if u have lost the original completely

    http://tinyurl.com/2n99qe

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to at004 For This Useful Post:

    n0m0n (2008-02-23)

  17. #195
    My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    @n0m0n

    i guess for u to lose the main sms application is that u have replace the mobilesms.app folder with the one u downloaded along with smsd.app

    the mobilesms.app folder that u have downloaded contains only one file that u have to transfer to ur real mobilesms.app on iphone and not replace the whole folder.

    this is the 1.1.3 mobilesms.app if u have lost the original completely

    http://tinyurl.com/2n99qe
    THANK YOU!
    I needed that.
    Do you know if 2.3.1 can send email or is it that I messed up on my end?
    Thanks

  18. #196
    the 'Send Confirmation' will send delivery confirmation or whether the sms was sent successfully?
    if its for only sent successfully, then how do i get a delivery confirmation of the sms?
    im on Vodafone IN
    thanx, in advance.

  19. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    the 'Send Confirmation' will send delivery confirmation or whether the sms was sent successfully?
    if its for only sent successfully, then how do i get a delivery confirmation of the sms?
    im on Vodafone IN
    thanx, in advance.
    I might be wrong but I believe the "send confirmation" means that when you press "Send" you will get a popup asking you to confirm you really want to send the sms. This is because some people were hitting the "send" button by mistake and sms were sent before they were finished.
    Last edited by ntetreau; 2008-02-25 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #198
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Just wondering how if we are to expect any updates soon. I have an iphone using 1.1.3 FW i have the SMSD 2.3 installed on it.

    Everything works fine except when i forward messages the people never receive them. If i create a new message and send it through SMSD it goes fine. It just seems to be something wrong with the forward...

  21. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by chuasj88 View Post
    When I enter the command /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD,it show

    /Applications$ /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD
    Can't open database: unable to open database file
    1 /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD (null)

    So what am I going to do now.
    I have Open WinSCP...
    SSH MobileSMS.app & SMSD.app into Applications folder...
    then right click and properties, then set permissions.( 755 )
    Off / On the iphone,open SMSD again,it's just open and close back.
    Do not know what is happening.
    Thanks for helping and appreciated.
    im where your at, and still stuck. Have you managed to cure it yet ?????

  22. #200
    I am using v0.2.3beta1 with iPhone 1.1.3. There is a problem that the icon of SMSD always shows the number of new messages even I have read and deleted them...

    Any trick to share ? Thanks a lot

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •