Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **NEW: Preference Hacks w/Installer Source**

Cool **NEW: Preference Hacks w/Installer Source**
    CURRENTLY TRYING TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

UPDATED 12/18

Managed to put SMBPrefs & SpringBoard Preferences in Apple's Preferences.app!

Hey my name is Ian and I have managed to put the SMBPrefs program in its own preference section under Apple's preferences.app. I realize that many people have been wanting this to be done for a pretty long time so thats why I decided to give it a shot. Also I have added another setting pane that has a bunch of extra SpringBoard settings. Heres a list of what has been added:

SMBPrefs:
    Changing Theme (buggy: doesn't detect added themes)(Requires Restart)
    Displaying the current theme's name
    Theme Wallpaper (on/off)
    Theme Status Bar (on/off)
    Theme Dock (on/off)
    Wallpaper (on/off)
    Dim Wallpaper (on/off)
    Theme Icons (on/off)(Requires Restart)
    Skip Last Row (on/off)(Requires Restart)
    Hiding Icon Labels (on/off)(Requires Restart)
    Hiding Dock Labels (on/off)(Requires Restart)

SpringBoard Preferences:
    Changing the Carrier (w/Keyboard Support!)
    Setting a Fake Time (w/Keyboard Support!)
    App Reveal
    Cloaking
    Show GSNRSSI
    Show RSSI (Requires Restart)
    Use New Dock (Requires Restart)
    Numerical Battery Level (Requires Restart)

Feel free to give it a try! I have managed to get rid of most of the bugs and it has been tested to work on firmware 1.1.1 and 1.1.2

Installer Source: web.mac.com/iddonaldson/installer.xml

1. Add Source to Installer.app
    2. Scroll Down to the Folder that say IDDonaldson
    3. Install the Program that is Titled "Preference Hack"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snap_180957.jpg   -snap_181046.jpg   -snap_181050.jpg   -snap_181056.jpg   -snap_181004.jpg   -snap_181013.jpg   -snap_181020.jpg  
    Last edited by iddonaldson; 2007-12-19 at 08:10 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iddonaldson For This Useful Post:

RaMod (2007-12-19), salastown (2008-01-04)

Default Great add-on!!
    I got it and it works fine!!

Thank you!!

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:

DGonzalez23 (2007-12-26), salastown (2008-01-04)

Default Phone Crash After Uninstalling your APP
    Your App cause my phone to crash! Im having to do a restore now. Very Poor Coding... tsk tsk...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doblezeta For This Useful Post:

salastown (2008-01-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

after installing this Tweaks 1.1.2 is no longer available
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doblezeta View Post
    Your App cause my phone to crash! Im having to do a restore now. Very Poor Coding... tsk tsk...
    Restoring my phone now too after installing this app.

Default Problems
    Ok Well I have a few ideas of what could have gone wrong:

1: The reason why tweaks 1.1.2 are no longer available is probably because the time code for the installer source and program are the same. This could have potentially caused installer app to leave it out of the source list. Should be just a matter of me changing the time codes.

2: The reason why the phone crashed after an install is unknown to me other than the fact that it might have to do with the defaults of the preferences being wrong. will get on this immediately!

3: Crashing after uninstall can only mean one thing. I will let you know when I figure it out myself...
    Last edited by iddonaldson; 2007-12-19 at 09:00 AM.

reason its crashing is because you shouldnt be ******* with it to begin with, #1 you have hard coded themes into the plist. #2 your app needs to be designed to work with a preference bundle, summerboard isnt.

if fubared your phone just boot it, itll prob go into the endless wheel spinning thing it does when its ****** up. but you should still be able to ssh into it.. so try to ssh into it and delete the com.apptapp.summerboard plist that is in your /var/root/library/preferences folder
    reboot and see if it works.. if not, id download any version of summerboard for 1.1.1 + and replace smbpref.app and /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    and then reboot.. also make sure you put the right permissions on /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist before you reboot or youll be real F'ed. that 'should' save your phone from a restore.. and maybe teach you not to install stuff from people who dont know what they are doing.

Looks promising. But think I will wait until bug is sorted.

Great work though.

Thanks

yea...im scared for the moment...ill wait

tried it...and it works perfectly....1.1.2, jailbroken...never unlocked
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 2007-12-20 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

migh work if you have every theme that is hardcoded into it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

wow lol some serious crazyness. not tryin it but cool
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got it on my phone but haven't really messed with the settings other than turning the theme icons on since it turned them off after installation. I will deffinetely keep it in mind to not uninstall nor make changes to summerboard through the settings menu until this gets resolved.

Banned
    Thanks

Works great for me. I really like the battery level in the springboard app. It changes your battery icon at the top right to a percentage. Cloak turns off Egde and signal strength and a bunch of other cool tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    migh work if you have every theme that is hardcoded into it.
    Constructive criticism please. Apparently you haven't tried it and you are already bashing it? I just installed and it is working flawlessly on 1.1.2. So until you gain slightly more intellect or actually provide useful information I would suggest to monitor the applications development process or refer from posting useless posts.

Reako

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Constructive criticism please. Apparently you haven't tried it and you are already bashing it? I just installed and it is working flawlessly on 1.1.2. So until you gain slightly more intellect or actually provide useful information I would suggest to monitor the applications development process or refer from posting useless posts.

Reako
    I'm on 1.1.1 and i had to manually write in each theme in the SMBPrefs plist. in the prefrences app. to be able to see my themes in settings. but it does work very well.
    Well i just uninstalled it and had no problems. I had to revert back to change my home button app. then reinstalled it. Great app by the way. Still a little buggy on the summerboard side but it's a GREAT start. Keep it up.
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2007-12-20 at 04:20 AM. Reason: just uninstalled without a hitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post

Reako
    gain more intellect? are you kidding me? you dont even know how applications are coded. the themes are HARDCODED into it, so say you dont have the themes installed that are HARDCODED into the plist and you try to change themes and select one your phone will not be able to relaunch springboard/summerboard.

when you gain some programming knowledge and can actually make sense come back and try again, thanks!

I'm going to hope this release has absolutely nothing to do with me doing this and informing #iphone-dev about it yesterday

Does it work on an iPod Touch with v1.1.2 of the firmware installed?

EDIT: I just tried it and it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Zero3K; 2007-12-21 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Posted result of installing the hack

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Please work on this and try to make a stable app! Ive been waiting for this app, BossPrefs was almost there but not quite.
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    gain more intellect? are you kidding me? you dont even know how applications are coded. the themes are HARDCODED into it, so say you dont have the themes installed that are HARDCODED into the plist and you try to change themes and select one your phone will not be able to relaunch springboard/summerboard.

when you gain some programming knowledge and can actually make sense come back and try again, thanks!
    From my quick reply you gained knowledge that I am an under rated programmer? You must be real good man. Reeeaaaal good. Let's stop badgering and let the developer update this thread.

Reako

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast