Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **NEW: Preference Hacks w/Installer Source**

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    From my quick reply you gained knowledge that I am an under rated programmer? You must be real good man. Reeeaaaal good. Let's stop badgering and let the developer update this thread.

Reako
    Yes, cause evidently, for a great programmer he doesn't know s***! Check the other preference hack thread to see what i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    Yes, cause evidently, for a great programmer he doesn't know s***! Check the other preference hack thread to see what i'm talking about.
    i never said i was a great programmer, i was pointing out a serious flaw in this smb "hack"
    that is all, if you choose to ignore my advice, fine.
    i wont go into any more detail because obviously you dont understand what im trying to explain, so im over trying to help you avoid a problem..

playing with springboard isnt the best choice in stuff to "hack" if you dont know exactly what you are doing..

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    i never said i was a great programmer, i was pointing out a serious flaw in this smb "hack"
    that is all, if you choose to ignore my advice, fine.
    i wont go into any more detail because obviously you dont understand what im trying to explain, so im over trying to help you avoid a problem..

playing with springboard isnt the best choice in stuff to "hack" if you dont know exactly what you are doing..
    Like i said in the other post, if you know what your doing, you're not going to brick you're phone. It's very simple to change these things. But for all you noobs, don't try it. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    You edited a plist? I think he may know a fair bit more than you about programming.

Anyway, there wasn't a warning about editing the plist before installing, so it's a bit late for those folks who have to restore. There's been too many issues with Installer and Summerboard and dodgy sources, that we don't really need something else that is going to force people to restore yet again.
    To live, you have to lie

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    You edited a plist? I think he may know a fair bit more than you about programming.

Anyway, there wasn't a warning about editing the plist before installing, so it's a bit late for those folks who have to restore. There's been too many issues with Installer and Summerboard and dodgy sources, that we don't really need something else that is going to force people to restore yet again.
    yes, he knows a h*** of a lot more about programming. But i know common sense. It's not hard to understand. And for all those that already bricked there phones, restore and do nothing else, cause if you didn't know what you where doing, then jailbreaking ain't for you.

Thanks

You can feel smug and self-satisfied if you want, but there was no warning about editing the plist, the OP didn't even advise that that was how to fix the problem.

I wonder if you would have been able fix your problem without drunknbass' help. You should be thanking him, not abusing him
    To live, you have to lie

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    You can feel smug and self-satisfied if you want, but there was no warning about editing the plist, the OP didn't even advise that that was how to fix the problem.

I wonder if you would have been able fix your problem without drunknbass' help. You should be thanking him, not abusing him
    lol, how did he help? I don't remember him saying anything! I saw six sh***y themes that I didn't like, so i figured out how to add the ones i like. either way all i was trying to say is that this won't brick you phone. So you and drunknbass can say whatever you want, all i'm saying is that your wrong. You won't brick your phone. (IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO)
    Why would you try and switch to a theme you don't have anyway? That's just stupid!
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2007-12-21 at 10:50 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey cant we all chill and help this guy get this app off the ground? I know this is something i have really wanted, im sure others have too, and since he's the only one that has come up with something like this so far i say we be a little nicer
    iLive an iLife

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2007-12-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Hey cant we all chill and help this guy get this app off the ground? I know this is something i have really wanted, im sure others have too, and since he's the only one that has come up with something like this so far i say we be a little nicer
    I second that.

I'm with Drunknbass on this one. Don't release stuff that is not stable and that hasn't undergone a serious beta stage.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Thats how I feel. I'm sick of people downgrading it. It just came out, it's not going to be perfect. But it's a great start. Leave it at that.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Ya'll calm down na.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Ya'll calm down na.
    hahahaha, i love it.

Thanks

So is this app still crashing/forcing restores, or what? Love the idea, but don't wanna FUBAR my 1.1.1 iPhone and have to restore it...

BTW, I just want the Springboard tweaks, not the SMBPrefs...any chance you could split them up into individual installs, so people can choose one or the other?

I've added the repo, and will install it just to get those...what the heck, worst case scenario is that I have to do a restore, right?

Just installed it...didn't screw up my 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone. Turned on the Battery Level option, but it still shows the battery icon, not a percentage? Ah, yes, had to restart Springboard manually (used SMBPrefs to do it), and now it shows. So you need to code that when that option (or any other like it) is done, when exiting, it restarts Springboard.

BTW, what does Cloaking and the other options do?

edit: Went into the SMBPrefs portion, didn't change anything, then exited. My Theme doesn't show the background anymore. Even when I go into the "real" SMBPrefs and choose it. Uninstalled the app, and I *still* don't get a background for any theme. Ah, got it...for some reason, this app turns the Wallpaper option off in SMBPrefs. Whew! Had me worried there...
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-12-22 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yaaaaaaawn. Still works fine on my end.

Reako

Post Prefhack without the summerboard settings
    hey,
    I have editted the files for those who don't want the summerboard settings and just want the springboard ones. Put the attached files in /Applications/Preferences.app and don't forget to backup the original settings-iphone.list and set the permissions of springboard.plist to 0755.
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eternal; 2007-12-30 at 05:14 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (2008-01-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey. This app screwed me up. Can you send me the original pref app and plist? Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me what these options are do and can be noticed?
    Thanks

SpringBoard Preferences:

App Reveal
    (not sure what this means or does)?

Cloaking
    (again I tried it and did not notice anything change)?

Show GSNRSSI
    (it changes the GSM signal strength from bars to the numeric value right)?

Show RSSI
    (it changes the WiFi signal strength from bars to the numeric value right)?

Use New Dock (Not sure what this means or does)?

I did search to try to locate a doc but I was unable to.
    Also thanks eternal for the SpringBoardPref options.
    JW
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2008-01-04 at 08:04 AM.

Does this work now? or is it still crashing, because i do love the idea, and id love to add it, but i dont wanna have to crash my iphone to restor everything because it would be a pain honestly lol please let me know if its working...

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

No one can tell me what these options are do?

SpringBoard Preferences:

App Reveal
    (not sure what this means or does)?

Cloaking
    (I did not notice anything change)?

Use New Dock (Not sure what this means or does)?

I did search to try to locate a doc but I was unable to fiond anything on this.

Also thanks eternal for the SpringBoardPref options.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast