Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ++Official NES Emulator Thread++

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
    AWESOME! I got it to work and everything is pretty smooth.

I'm trying to learn what I'm doing as I go along so I'm confused as to what that chmod +x does to that Application/NESApp.app folder? I didn't try placing the NESApp.app folder in there and running but I'm assuming it won't work unless you chmod it first?
    chmod stands for change mode. It basically changes permissions for the file. With files, you can enable/disable access to read, write, and execute the file. '+x' enables the bit for executing the file. If you don't chmod +x the file, the iphone can only read the file and not execute it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inferno10 For This Useful Post:

Rasengan (2007-08-08)

Im so lost, as usual! I've got as far as getting the SSH to work and connect. But Im not quite sure as to how to go about installing these files...

Thanks

I installed this app, when i run it all i see is a white screen. The home button doesn't work. And when I hold the home button, it doesnt work. I can only power off. Any ideas? NOTE: I havnt put any roms on with it.

Also, does sound work yet?

WTH!!!! i put it on my phone and I see the icon, but when I click it.. it goes to a white creen..hangs hen goes back to dashboard.. I tried doing th "Chmod" thing but I keep coming up with command not found.. What gives...

Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    ive done all the steps, installed the NESAPP.app folder under applications, i tried uploading the ROMs folder with all the roms using WinSCP and it worked but when i clicked on the NES icon on the desktop the list is blank. I tried uploading the ROMs folder again with NES and then the roms inside but WinSCP tells me that the folder is already created or invalid. Now i cant even delete the ROMs folder via WinSCP (gives me an error) even tho i gave the 0777 permission to every folder. any help would be appreciated.

P.S. when i tried creating the NES folder inside the ROMs folder the folder doesnt appear.

thx
    im having the same problem with this, someone help?

nvm, i got it working. the rom directories are caps sensitive. So, it has to be ROMs/NES and nothing else. hope this helps.
    Last edited by gnaoh; 2007-08-08 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmbaird View Post
    I installed this app, when i run it all i see is a white screen. The home button doesn't work. And when I hold the home button, it doesnt work. I can only power off. Any ideas? NOTE: I havnt put any roms on with it.

Also, does sound work yet?
    Mine did basically the thing until I installed a rom.

Finally got it working!!!! makes the IPHONE 1 billion times cooler than it alreasy was! thank you everyone

Quote Originally Posted by inferno10 View Post
    chmod stands for change mode. It basically changes permissions for the file. With files, you can enable/disable access to read, write, and execute the file. '+x' enables the bit for executing the file. If you don't chmod +x the file, the iphone can only read the file and not execute it.
    thanks for the explanation, it makes a lot of sense...i did a search for it and this command is used for Unix and Unix-like environments so i'm assuming that the OSx on the iPhone (which is also true of the Mac) is a shell run over a Unix kernel?

I have a small problem.

I cant delete, rename or do anything else in WinSCP.

I get the following error when trying to delete something.

Command 'rm -f -r "mario.nes"'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    -sh: line 46: rm: command not found.

Quote Originally Posted by Juansito View Post
    I have a small problem.

I cant delete, rename or do anything else in WinSCP.

I get the following error when trying to delete something.

Command 'rm -f -r "mario.nes"'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    -sh: line 46: rm: command not found.
    you need to chmod -x those apps before you can use them

example:
    chmod -x /bin/rm

or even
    chmod -x /bin/*

but i wouldnt know if that last one is recommended, thats what i did and it shouldnt cause any problems

Quote Originally Posted by mbpc2duser View Post
    you need to chmod -x those apps before you can use them

example:
    chmod -x /bin/rm

or even
    chmod -x /bin/*

but i wouldnt know if that last one is recommended, thats what i did and it shouldnt cause any problems
    When i try that in iphoneinterface i get the "chmod: command 'chmod' not found" thing.

i dont know how but i got it to work
    i think its when i restarted it

now i just need to figure out how to delete some of the bad roms....

Quote Originally Posted by Juansito View Post
    When i try that in iphoneinterface i get the "chmod: command 'chmod' not found" thing.
    do you have ssh and binkit installed??? because cant do chmod through iphoneinterface you have to use ssh. hence why you have to ssh to install third part apps.

yet another icon

Last edited by mbpc2duser; 2007-08-08 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mbpc2duser For This Useful Post:

JakeyBoy (2007-08-08)

I like that one its cool
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Any guides for OS X yet?

Im totally impatient and attempting to do this at work lol, due to network restrictions I am unable to winscp or putty to the iphone, is there anyway to run these commands locally?

Nervgas just came out with a new version, I can't find it anywhere though...
    Last edited by cmufan; 2007-08-08 at 08:36 PM.

Default Using Manzana to delete files!
    I had problems deletING bad roms once I dragged the files using winscp so I used Mazana and it did the job, or if you want to do the hard way use cmd prompt rm dir, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by flippindude55 View Post
    i dont know how but i got it to work
    i think its when i restarted it

now i just need to figure out how to delete some of the bad roms....
    Last edited by bayareaiphone; 2007-08-08 at 08:51 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bayareaiphone For This Useful Post:

flippindude55 (2007-08-09)

Here is the new version:

http://iphone.natetrue.com/

get V12.

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast