Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ++Official NES Emulator Thread++

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    no not yet, it will take some time to fine tune it, heck was just created yesterday

Icon Im using

and for a smoother opening add a Default.png to the app (like in the other apps..)
    The icon isn't showing up!

hey all i just got this working and its awesome, cant wait for full improvements for multitouch and faster speed. i do however have a problem... when i go to rename the NESapp folder and NESapp itself, it gives me an error msg and wont let me do it, so i go to delete the directory itself and again it wont let me do it... anyone know how to get around this. i just want to change the app name to Nintendo thats all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

I think a DS emulator would be the coolest/best but the problem is there would be no room for the buttons.
    Sent From My iPhone

Sweet! Got this installed and working right away. Props to everyone who worked on this!

How do I remove it in the future (for a new version, etc)? Can I just delete the NES.app folder, or do I have to edit a file to remove the icon from the home screen? Thanks again.

EDIT: Also, for those who were asking, you leave the ROMs with the .NES extension and place them in the /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES folder. The program will use whatever is before the extension for the name in the list (so if your rom is named SUPERMARIOWORLDOMGWTF.NES, you might want to rename it).
    Last edited by EmoRebellion; 2007-08-07 at 11:33 PM.

anyway to install this on a mac? im drooling here lol

how did you make this folder...instructions anywhere? Im sooo excited...finally I will be able to play the best games in the world!!! mario bros. 3 here I come..lol.
    Last edited by GerardFlores; 2007-08-08 at 12:46 AM.

Uh, Gerard you might want to edit your post. ROMs are warez and thats not allowed to be discussed here.

You need SSH enabled before you can do anything. If you read the thread over, there are instructions posted a couple times. Ill give you my version:

Download WinSCP, and connect using the SSH connection instructions. Navigate to the applications folder, and drag and drop the NES.app folder inside.

Now, open up iphoneinterface and type "mkdir /var/root/Media/ROMs/", and then "mkdir var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/". Next type "chmod +x /Applications/NESApp.app/*". After that you can place your roms inside of the ROMs/NES/ folder using any method, and theres no need to chmod them.

After that just open the program, and have fun!

Here's my home screen with the iPhoneNES icon I made. I'll post the icon into the Gunmetal Remastered in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post

Now, open up iphoneinterface and type "mkdir /var/root/Media/ROMs/", and then "mkdir var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/". Next type "chmod +x /Applications/NESApp.app/*".
    Since I've been coming to this site I've followed all the directions on how to hack the hell out of my phone with no issues.

However, I'm in cmd, with iphoneinterface running and don't know where to put that chmod string. If I paste that, I get "chmod: command 'chmod' not found".

The program runs on my phone but it crashes most of the time to the desktop.

Can someone shed some lamens light on this for those of us that aren't coders or used to doing this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Since I've been coming to this site I've followed all the directions on how to hack the hell out of my phone with no issues.

However, I'm in cmd, with iphoneinterface running and don't know where to put that chmod string. If I paste that, I get "chmod: command 'chmod' not found".

The program runs on my phone but it crashes most of the time to the desktop.

Can someone shed some lamens light on this for those of us that aren't coders or used to doing this sort of thing?
    page 2 of this thread...this is what i followed and ive have zero issues

Quote Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d View Post
    If you dont have the NESApp installed just download it here , unzip it and use scp to drag and drop it to the applications folder

Ok once you install ssh download this :

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/.../x86/putty.exe

Then get your iPhones network ip address :

For WiFi : Settings , WiFi , the blue arrow next to your WiFi connection , ip address. Write it down in putty under host name make sure port is on 22. Click Open.

Login as : root
    Password : dottie

Copy and paste this command at the prompt

chmod +x /Applications/NESApp.app/*

Press enter

Now start the NESApp icon on your desktop.

"ROMs need to be placed in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES" The last 2 directories need to be created and ROMS do -not- have to be chmod.

ive done all the steps, installed the NESAPP.app folder under applications, i tried uploading the ROMs folder with all the roms using WinSCP and it worked but when i clicked on the NES icon on the desktop the list is blank. I tried uploading the ROMs folder again with NES and then the roms inside but WinSCP tells me that the folder is already created or invalid. Now i cant even delete the ROMs folder via WinSCP (gives me an error) even tho i gave the 0777 permission to every folder. any help would be appreciated.

P.S. when i tried creating the NES folder inside the ROMs folder the folder doesnt appear.

thx

im using manzana to create directories and drag/drop files (roms)

Question, Am I missing something? Where are the games? Or is that what you have to search for on the web, im confused haha

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yah, you have to search for them. they're called ROMs. And they're illegal for us to host, so we won't.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

haha yea the ice might be a little upset about publicly hosted roms

Thanks so much guys haha im such a noob

everybody is a n00b somewhere along the line...i just didnt start w/ an nes emulator for the iphone though

How would I go about doing on a intel mac? meaning creating dir and sub dir to put the roms in?

Thanks

ok....

i never got the chmod command to work in putty or cmd (I named my app NES.app and replaced it in the command does that make a difference?)

i did get NES added on my phone thorough SSH with WinSCP and i created the 2 folders and even put some roms in the NES folder i created but.... they still wont work

whenever i try to use the NES application on the phone it just flashes a white screen and goes back to the home page.

does anyone know where exactly i went wrong with this?

AWESOME! I got it to work and everything is pretty smooth.

I'm trying to learn what I'm doing as I go along so I'm confused as to what that chmod +x does to that Application/NESApp.app folder? I didn't try placing the NESApp.app folder in there and running but I'm assuming it won't work unless you chmod it first?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast