Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Native App Ideas

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Everyone,
    How about starting with the basics.

Like having a way of deleting multiple emails, mainly JUNK mail by holding the SHIFT key while swiping down the mail listing. Or a CTRL key so you can selectively choose the email you want to highlight and then delete or move or whatever.

OR, am I missing something and those features are already installed in our LemonPhones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Keynote/PPT
    I'd personally like to see a viewer for Keynote or PowerPoint files. While with Keynote, you can technically do this by Exporting to a QT file, but still - having the native power in my hand would be sweet. But, let's take this one step further. Not only could you display the presentation on the phone, but if there was a way to "Hack" the video, so you could (some how) connect the iPhone (either wired, or wireless) to a projector, and have your presenter notes on the iPhone screen, and the slides on the projector - then the iPhone would be a great and powerful tool for the road-warrior/sky-traveler for meetings, presentations, sales pitches, etc. This is more than likely unrealistic at this time, but talk about bragging rights if Apple pushed out an iPhone with a mini-DVI port/dual screen operation/viewing?

The lack of video capture is one (of a view) missing elements that made me not want to buy the iPhone right away. I'm hoping they'll fix this SOON! (aka: before December - I'm tired of my Razr! LOL)

BTW: What tools are being used to program? Carbon? Coco?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

How about a "wallet" for our iphones, a small password protected app in which we can store passwords, important numbers, etc. and other secure data? My old nokia had this and it was awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moodog View Post
    althou launcher is a nice way to get to other apps installed on the phone. I would like to see springboard updated for multiple pages. take the last app space and make it a arrow and allow multiple springboard pages. Pages.app.....
    I think it would be cooler if you could scroll through your icons like anyhitng else on the phone but the dock would still stay stationary. Or maybe a GUI app to reorder the springboard.
    Sent From My iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah...exactly what I was thinking...I mean everything else on the iPhone scrolls (finger swipes) across, why not the icon screens...

Like your idea of the GUI app for spingboard icon re-ordering also...that would be really nice...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

We just gotta hope one of those crazy awsome devs agrees with us
    Sent From My iPhone

i think there should be multiple springboard pages that you can scroll through by swiping horizontally.

kind of like the Wii menu.

Default Divx / Xvid on iPhone
    Anyone know if there's a divx / xvid app in development? VLC Player proves that codecs being installed are not required, and the iPhone's specs should allow it to run an optimized video player that decodes divx / xvid...

Am I wrong, or would this not be a bad-*** app!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'd like to see the following apps

1. a MMS app
    2. Copy and Paste function
    3. Redo the "Notes" app and "SMS" and provide landscape keyboarding.
    4. To Do app with a notify function for hourly or daily todo's

last but not least.......

5. an app that would magically create apps from my wishes and obsurd ideas. An evil genuis app that would create my own dev team

Quote Originally Posted by andythefiredog View Post
    Anyone know if there's a divx / xvid app in development? VLC Player proves that codecs being installed are not required, and the iPhone's specs should allow it to run an optimized video player that decodes divx / xvid...

Am I wrong, or would this not be a bad-*** app!!
    I think your right, this would probably be the most useful for me, I spend hours converting movies and tv shows to play on the iphone, if only a divx player were made then no more converting.

Yes please.. a MMS and IM app would be awesome! I know you guys can do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12