Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Garf 0.15 (Simon clone)

Default Garf 0.15 (Simon clone)
    Version 0.15 of Garf, a native Simon clone, is available at its Source Forge project site. It's still an early version, but it's fully functional. But don't get angry with me if you get to level 40 and have your game closed by an incoming call...you've been warned.

I'll put it on Installer once I find a host, but I'd really like to iron out the bugs first. Please let me know of any you find.
    Thanks,
    JLA

-garf_screen_1.jpg

I take it by the way you wrote that, this is your app. Nice work. Someone already posted this for you though.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19559

Thanks. This is a new version that features...a mute button. And a somewhat overused space theme. Graphics still aren't as good as whoever does the skins in that other thread, but I'm just a programmer (and barely one at that). -JLA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JLA For This Useful Post:

Shake (2007-12-14)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Added to the MMi source!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Sweet! Thanks! Finally something to keep me busy at work.

I don't know if it's my imagination but both my friend and myself have found an empty battery the day after we play GARF at night...

Uhm...could it be possible?

One thing I CAN think of that might cause the battery to go down in version 0.15 is to put your phone in standby with Garf running...Garf will continue run in the background. Future versions will save your progress to disk and exit the program, but in the meantime, hit the home button before putting your phone to sleep.

Other than this scenario, I don't have a reason to suspect Garf over other programs because 1)there isn't really anything fancy that Garf does and 2)I've asked a few people who supposedly use the game a lot and they don't have battery issues. However, if you still continue to suspect Garf (outside of the previously mentioned scenario), please let me know, and I'll do everything in my power to fix any problem that may exist.

JLA

Look JLA, I did some research in this forum and found out this thread......

Hope this helps.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...highlight=garf

Cheers!

Yes, I would have posted something here earlier, but the site was down over the weekend, so I posted on Hackint0sh. I spent a number of hours snooping around. I think there may be a bug in the firmware (specifically delayed AudioQueue disposal), so I switched the program to use immediate AudioQueue disposal. So the new version (v0.17) will hopefully be on Installer tonight (it's on SourceForge right now if needed.) Until then, if you are stuck with version 0.15, you can run NESApp (or Piano) after Garf to remedy any situation caused by AudioQueue.

What firmware are you using?

Thanks,
    JLA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JLA For This Useful Post:

Shake (2007-12-17)

I'm on 1.1.2

Poetic_Folly says he'll be updating the Installer repository, so be sure to check for it.
    Thanks

i have created a new icon for the game.
    like the game very much, but the icon did not fit very well to my other icons mostly from the phiberglass theme.
    maybe someone else also might use hit.
    i hope this is ok for JLA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snap_200641.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would say they are mostly from Aqwoah and the Aqwoah version of Garf might fit too:

Come visit AlohaSoft

Both icons are excellent. The current icon is something I threw together at the last minute using a template and a shrunken version of the paint shop pro vector graphics.

There may be a new icon/graphics/gameplay coming soon...drunknbass has been working on the next version, but I really don't have any idea what's coming. (Perhaps wifi multiplayer...)

Also coming soon are things like a high-score menu, and something that will save one's progress in the event that the game is interrupted by a phone call, etc.

Also coming soon is "extreme customizability"...in addition to changing the graphics, skin makers will be able to decide where the buttons are, and what they sound like. So keep an eye open...
    JLA

Quote Originally Posted by The Spirit View Post
    i have created a new icon for the game.
    like the game very much, but the icon did not fit very well to my other icons mostly from the phiberglass theme.
    maybe someone else also might use hit.
    i hope this is ok for JLA

like the garf icon you made, thanks.
    but whare did you get the iPhysics icon, cant find it, could you upload it. thanks