Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWOL

Default iWOL
    A native app to wake up your computer from the internet or LAN

Get it from SK4 - a tech blog - Home

Nice! Thanks.

I have been hoping someone would make this program. Thanks a lot. Will come in handy with VNSea.

Will this work with a PC?
    Can someone put together a little gudie for settings etc?

Quote Originally Posted by theplague View Post
    Will this work with a PC?
    Can someone put together a little gudie for settings etc?
    If you mean can you install this on a PC, no. This application will turn a remote computer ON by pressing a button on your iPhone/iPod. If you want a Wake On Lan application for your computer check here Depicus

In the settings...

Name: Can be anything you want here.
    Hostname: Enter the IP address assigned to your computer by your ISP. To see this address, go to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Info, Speed Test, and more
    MAC: I'm assuming your using windows here. Go to START, RUN, CMD, and type IPCONFIG /ALL. Find the PHYSICAL ADDRESS for the ethernet adapter. Enter this address in the format xxxxxxx
    Port: This can be left as port 7. You'll have to login to your router and forward the incoming requests for port 7 to the IP address of the computer you want to turn on.
    LAN Broadcast: If your phone is connected to the same network the computer is on, turn LAN Broadcast ON. If you are using Edge on your phone or are connected to a different network, turn this setting OFF.

Nice Guide SplitFire

Might use that somewhere on the app!

Thanks

Nice Tut. But what if i want to switch my pc on from internet not being in the same LAN and my PC gets dynamic ip everytime. So is there any way out.

Set a static IP then....easy enough.

How should i set one. I dont have to configure my router. Just plug in the internet cable n then coneect the pc to the router. Open Mozilla. It'll be redirected to my ISP's Portal, I have to login in their and there it searches for available dynamic ip. Is there any workaround for this.