Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NES emulator

Default NES emulator
    just wanted to see if there was a source to install NESapp 2.0.0 found here http://www.zdziarski.com/projects/nesapp/

I have the older emulator NES 1.12.0. Im still a newbie when it comes to install apps manually and wanted to see if any1 new the source to install it through installer. Thanks in advance

Thanks

It's on the Big Boss source, check the wiki for the address

will it be added to the installer?

Thanks

See above

Default Your next question:)
    How to SFTP NES ROMs

1.. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5 var/root/media/ROMs/NES , You may need to create the ROMs and/or NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by maf200311 View Post
    just wanted to see if there was a source to install NESapp 2.0.0 found here http://www.zdziarski.com/projects/nesapp/

I have the older emulator NES 1.12.0. Im still a newbie when it comes to install apps manually and wanted to see if any1 new the source to install it through installer. Thanks in advance
    ok i juz instaled it manualy and it realy easy it will work with winscp
    open winscp on Aplication delete existing NES.app (1.2) replace it with 2.0,after uploading 2.0 open NES.app look for thes two files NES and info right click on both change permision to 0755 restart iphone and your done.
    Last edited by pleyah69bjay; 2007-11-30 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    How to SFTP NES ROMs

1.. install BSD subsystem

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5 var/root/media/ROMs/NES , You may need to create the ROMs and/or NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.
    HAHA yeah that would have been my next question if i didnt know that. i had the older nes emulator and i learn how to use WinSCP to transfer roms. just didnt know how to install the emulator without installer. but im sure others will need this

Thanks

Ummm...BigBoss also has an NES Rom Pack 1.0, which has many ROMs in it. I installed both, works great!