Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AFP with UI

Default AFP with UI
    This native application sets up an AFP file server on your iPhone or iTouch and also provides a simple GUI interface for controlling the file server. It's based on Core's port of afpd. Should be showing up in Installer.app now.

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~job/afpd/

Feed back welcome. The application code it also posted. If someone knows how to make the "enter" key of the keyboard blue and say "Done" instead of "Return" please let me know. Also, I can't seem to get the keyboard to hide once it is shown.

Enjoy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    This native application sets up an AFP file server on your iPhone or iTouch and also provides a simple GUI interface for controlling the file server. It's based on Core's port of afpd. Should be showing up in Installer.app now.

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~job/afpd/

Feed back welcome. The application code it also posted. If someone knows how to make the "enter" key of the keyboard blue and say "Done" instead of "Return" please let me know. Also, I can't seem to get the keyboard to hide once it is shown.

Enjoy.
    NetServices.app already does this. No doubt you can program, but why would you leave broadcast on while turning the server daemon off?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    but why would you leave broadcast on while turning the server daemon off?
    If you turn off afpd it turns off mdns and disables the switch.

Can you make it so that when you turn AFPd on, mDNS turns on automatically too? (I find it impractical to slide 2 switches, and I think that turning on and off both services is more intuitive as well).

Cheers!
    Last edited by flek; 2008-03-29 at 01:35 AM.