Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] RemindYou

Default [Release] RemindYou
    RemindYou

Your day, at your fingertips.

RemindYou® is a simple, yet powerful application which turns your iPhone into a time management dynamo!
    Sync the lock screen of your iPhone with iCal, Outlook, or Entourage and view upcoming appointments and events every time you answer your phone.
    Never miss another appointment!

RemindYou is an incredibly effective time management tool which filters through the distractions of mobile life and delivers YOU right on time to your next appointment. Never miss another meeting, conference call, or soccer game because of a dismissed alarm or information overload.
    RemindYou is highly addictive and will probably change the way you use your iPhone, if not your entire day - so go ahead, give it a free 14-day test-drive on us!

RemindYou updates your iPhone's lock screen every 15 minutes. If you install new wallpaper or enter an appointment directly into iCal, you will need to use the "Apply Changes" button in the RemindYou app to make it appear sooner.

Price: $19.95

This is available via Installer.

Make Your Day Media

Looks very interesting...... and quite a usable application. But, Im sorry, There is NO WAY its little thing is worth $20 bucks....... Common now, all this does is save you touching 2 buttons... You need to ask yourself, Is it worth 10 bucks a button?? NO.

Now Im not saying this isnt a good application. if it were free, it would already be downloaded on my phone... but 20 bucks, common.........

I don't think this can replace intelliscreen, and 20 bucks is a little too much.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Smile RemindYou is brilliant
    Guys, I tried Intellisceen and it is too much info.

I tested this early starting last week and what I love about it is that its effectiveness lies in its simplicity.

I see my Calendar every time I picked up the phone. I dont miss appointments with this thing. I've been using it for a week - I got an early copy off the website last week.

Its addictive and changed the way I use my iPhone - I paid for it too.

Intelliscreen is a great app, but this is like comparing apples and oranges.

I challenge you to install RemindYou for a few days and use it and see if it doesnt make your life easier regarding your schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.shell@mac.com View Post
    Guys, I tried Intellisceen and it is too much info.

I tested this early starting last week and what I love about it is that its effectiveness lies in its simplicity.

I see my Calendar every time I picked up the phone. I dont miss appointments with this thing. I've been using it for a week - I got an early copy off the website last week.

Its addictive and changed the way I use my iPhone - I paid for it too.

Intelliscreen is a great app, but this is like comparing apples and oranges.

I challenge you to install RemindYou for a few days and use it and see if it doesnt make your life easier regarding your schedule!
    I have to agree with you, that intelliscreen has too much info and that is the reason I use iToday. I do also like the battery info iToday offers. Remind you is just a little too bland for me, but I am sure there are enough people needing what remindyou has. Everybody has different needs and it is good that we have a few app's to choose from. I have tried remindyou btw.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

its nothing like apples to oranges

for one intellascreen is free and does the same thing but more.

so why the **** would anyone be stupid enough to pay 20 bucks for a hack when they can get the same thing but free

**** you and your 20 dollar hack

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    IntelliScreen obviously wont be free when it is out of the beta stage (which expires in a few days, btw).

Oh, and IntelliScreen can be "dumbed down" to only show calendar events and nothing else, for those of you who say it displays to much info.

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post

so why the **** would anyone be stupid enough to pay 20 bucks for a hack when they can get the same thing but free

Wow... you're not a very smart guy huh?

You seem to be quite riled up over this app, and nobody even attacked you! Hell, you are even directing insults at the poster above you who isn't the OP that created the app!

No need to use profanity just because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

I like the app, it looks clean. Had I not already purchased Kate for this same reason... I would probably be using this...

Yeah I dont understand where these guys get off trying to charge $20 for a little app like that. I mean, I'm all about paying for usefull apps but come on man! $5 at the most!

I have to admit that this is a good and simple app but like others have mentioned, $20 is rather costly for a simple app like that in contrast to the hours of work spent.

With $20, we could probably purchase those SEGA games in the upcoming AppStores. Please reconsidering your price bro!

If you can get 3 customers at $10 and 1 customers at $20, why not considering to lower it? Such apps doesn't require more support attention and more customers will not increase your cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    I have to admit that this is a good and simple app but like others have mentioned, $20 is rather costly for a simple app like that in contrast to the hours of work spent.

With $20, we could probably purchase those SEGA games in the upcoming AppStores. Please reconsidering your price bro!

If you can get 3 customers at $10 and 1 customers at $20, why not considering to lower it? Such apps doesn't require more support attention and more customers will not increase your cost!
    Well put. Just think of the exposure developers will have once the App Store opens. I would rather sell 1,000,000, $1.99 apps than 10,000 $20 apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post

Funny you get so angry when a full license of intelliscreen is also $20.

The new intelliscreen in amazing. You get waaaaay more features for $20 paying for Intelliscreen then you will get with RemindYou. And in appearance.....Intelliscreen is boss. Not saying dont try this app, but before you buy it test it against Intelliscreen.

The only thing that amazes me here more than the price is the size of this application. Honestly, 800kb is way too much for one line for cron, one SQL statement and "print-to-jpg" function that should use standard libraries.

However I have to admit - the feature by itself is very useful, and I should definitely try to create something similar for myself (and, possible, others).

I use Intelliscreen, iToday, and RemindYou. I hope they would really lower the price. Maybe $8 at the most.

I like RemindYou because:

1. Simple, but very useful application. It's pretty neat that your appointments displays when you're on the phone. Very helpful. Normally, to check your appointments while on the phone you have to press Home, tap Calendar (and hope you didn't disnonnect the call by accident).

2. Calendary displays on the entire screen. I've been waiting for Intelliscreen to have the option to resize the display for the appointments.

By the way, with Intelliscreen you get the news, which is usually an extra app to install.

I like that it prints text directly on the wallpaper. Doesn't seem to use much resources at all. Once you start running lots of apps that run in the background, it's pretty obvious the phone is slowed down, so it's probably a good thing to cut corners where you can and use the less RAM hungry alternatives to avoid making your phone Windows Mobile slow, but $20 ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't pay 20 dollars for this app, sorry. Maybe if you added more features and just asked the community to donate, you would be better off.
    Just to basic for me to spend 20 dollars on it. What makes this app better than the free intelliscreen?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    I wouldn't pay 20 dollars for this app, sorry. Maybe if you added more features and just asked the community to donate, you would be better off.
    Just to basic for me to spend 20 dollars on it. What makes this app better than the free intelliscreen?
    Intelliscreen is no longer free.

Stay away from remindyou! This is a warning.

Remindyou freezes your iphone! Remindyou crashes your iphone!

I almost have to restore my iphone after installing remindyou. The symtom is extremely sluggish iphone reponse. White apple, rebooting. The worst thing is that it crashs installer so that you will have a extremely hard time to uninstall it. (close to impossible).

Below is the interesting/painful story of mine and another victim.

So i installed the app because it looked like a great way to put reminders on your lock screen; however, the app almost made me have to restore my phone. My phone became extremely laggy, almost to the point where it was unresponsive. It would reset to the lock screen periodically while i was trying to press buttons (which often wouldn't work). Installer kept force quitting. With alot of attempts, i finally was able to get into installer and quickly navigate and uninstall the program before it reset. I'd say avoid the program entirely. I could very easily have not been able to uninstall it, i got lucky. Other problems i experienced: trouble turning the phone off, trouble turning it on. When i attached the phone to the computer it couldn't be recognized while it was off. It was just not good, don't install the application.

I'm back to normal though

I totally agree. Remindyou freeze your iphone. I was lured to try it 30 mins ago. And now I could not get into my iphone. It would freeze at start up. To the remindyou developer, shame on you. $20? I guess you own me for my precious time spent on trying out your buggy freezing software. Never again anything from you.

intelliscreen: too much info, pricey, no lockscreen wallpaper view after is on.. (info hides it)
    itoday: buggy, no lockscreen wallpaper view after is on.. (info hides it)
    remindyou: simple, customizable (fonts/size)

but what i'd like..

choose when to refresh
    show/hide calendar (like kate) and reminders beneath
    no price!

btw there are cracks out there.. just search for em.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast