Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Time4SMS -

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Time4SMS -
    Has anyone else tried this yet? Its on the ispazio.net repository. Its says you can schedule an SMS to be sent at a later time. I've tried it several times to a couple different numbers. It hasn't worked yet. The scheduled SMS disappears after the scheduled time in the program, but nothing happens. Anyone else try?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    Has anyone else tried this yet? Its on the ispazio.net repository. Its says you can schedule an SMS to be sent at a later time. I've tried it several times to a couple different numbers. It hasn't worked yet. The scheduled SMS disappears after the scheduled time in the program, but nothing happens. Anyone else try?
    Yeah i tried it.. and Love it ... Works very well here, but sometimes the messeges beeing send later then the time u wanted to send

Well remember that it takes time to send an SMS... and especially with 3rd party apps, this time varies.

No I havent tried it but I will go ahead and install cuz it been sometime that I wanted something like this. hopefully mine can work.

works perfect for me...comes in handy....i just set up to text myself at a certain time and now i have the alarm and the text message...im bound to hear one

I tried the pre-version called "cronSMS" and with the update it's valled "time4SMS" and doesn't work!!!
    The set sms's doesn't seem to be saved - any clue why?
    How can I switch back to "cronSMS"(which worked) until the "time4SMS" works?!?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I still don't understand the purposes of this app.
    Why schedule a text message, when you can just send it, regularly, when the time is right? SOmebody try and make sense of this app, cause it's not making any to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    I still don't understand the purposes of this app.
    Why schedule a text message, when you can just send it, regularly, when the time is right? SOmebody try and make sense of this app, cause it's not making any to me.
    I have a lot of situations with friends, colleagues etc who I need to ask, inform och tell something, but not exactly "NOW"(in the middle of the night, after work etc etc) - then I can just set an sms at the right time with this app. Perfect for me.
    "When the time is right" is often forgotten for a person as me having a full schedule.

Have any1 noticed that this app dos'nt send while the iPhone is in sleep mode?? Can any 1 confirm if they have noticed that??

I had to give it 4777 permission to work on 1.1.4
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Wrong section.

doesn't work for me either. Doesn't save the appointed SMS

i uninstalled it. it was totally killing my battery...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I had to give it 4777 permission to work on 1.1.4
    How do I do this?

First when just updating to Time4SMS from cronSMS it app didn't save my SMS appointments.
    Now as been reported by others it doesn't seem to work properly with locked screen.
    cronSMS worked flawless, just give me the chance to switch back and I'll do it.

Edit:
    Nevermind, eventually(after 15 mins or so) it actually sends the SMS.
    Last edited by theplague; 2008-06-02 at 01:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now tyt I've j vestigated a little bit, it doesn't save my SMS either. After I set one up and exit the program, I up back in right away and its gone. The initial one from dror rejuan that says. Don't forget to donate is the only one there, but inky for a second and it disappears. Weird

If anyone has this working could they please setup a text to send and then post the contents of the file /var/cron/tabs/root

I would love you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    ... The initial one from dror rejuan that says. Don't forget to donate is the only one there, but inky for a second and it disappears. Weird ...
    That is because its an IMG that shows at startup and is not an actual sms
    Look inside the time4sms.app folder and open DEFAULT.IMG if you still don't know what I mean.

Trying to find a way to fix my problem with Time4SMS to get it to work, I found a solution for my problem. The person who posted their solution was on FW 1.1.3 but, I'm on 1.1.4 and it worked flawlessly.

-SSH into iPhone go to var/mobile/Library and there should be a Time4SMS folder, just chmod from 755 to 777. Mine worked perfectly.

Don't forget to hit the Thanx button if I helped you!!!

Thanks

OK here's what happened to mine:

Mine works perfectly when my phone is not in sleep mode during the period when the text is supposed to be sent...

IF my phone is in sleep mode when the text is supposed to be sent, then the text will not be sent even when after a few moment later you wake up from sleep mode, it still wont send... However if you open up the application and it sends right away...

Anybody can tell me why or anybody is in the same situation?

Thanks

the new update fixed all that for me at first it didn't work but then i updated it in installer and it work's prefectly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast