Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weTool Call And SMS Delete App

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

really? mine doesnt do that ill have to check the permissions then

Default 0.3.6.1 beta2
    Aaron, there seems to be a bug in the way the contacts are selected and sms' sent. I have 2 contacts with the pattern +9198925109nn. When I press the + sign to add the contact, I can select only the 1st contact. selecting the 2nd contact does not take me back to the forward sms screen. After the 1st contact has been selected and if I press the + button again, I'm able to select the 2nd contact. When I press SEND however, the 1st contact gets 2 sms' and the 2nd contact does not get any. Could you please look into this. Thanks.

By the way, I like the way the 'sending' progress is displayed now. Great work!

Is it possible to also get delivery reports?

Thanks for your excellent work. We all appreciate it.

v03.6.2 is out!

there isnt a way to input a number in the forwarding sms rite..i mean..u can only select numbers from ur a contacts list rite??

Update log---v0.3.6.2

1)NOw the welcome page says v0.3.6
    2)The preferences tab shows only page transitions...the password input has been removed(still dont know wat it was for)
    3)now there is a remove (-) button on the top of the msg composer
    4)there is a progress display...when u send msgs
    5)the about page now shows aarons email clearly..(before it was kind of half missing for me!)
    6)the scrolling of texts msgs..is a little smoother now...but still some jerks can be felt!

THanks again...for such a wonderful app..

Version0.4 will truly rock...(once it comes out )

Vishnu.
    Last edited by vishnuvenky; 2007-12-01 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Thanks

In case aaron is reading this, I wanted to point out a few things, most directly related to weTool, and one NOT really related to weTool, but rather the Weiphone installer source.

1. In weToolUS, the "About" page:
      • At the top of the page, directly under the logo, it says "weTools"; it'd be great if it said "weTools 0.3.6.2" (including the version number.)
      • The sentence that reads:

weTool is an application for the iPhone that lets you selectively delete Call History entries and SMS messages.Now it let you forward sms

It SHOULD read (proper English; not trying to insult him, but rather be helpful):

weTool is an application for the iPhone that lets you selectively delete individual Call History entries and SMS Messages, and adds the ability to forward SMS messages to multiple recipients.
      • "All right reserved ." is not proper and correct; it should be "rights" (plural), and there shouldn't be a space before the period at the end. In other words, it should read "All rights reserved." Also, the "All rights reserved" shouldn't be on a seperate line, it should be firectly after the Copyright notice. In fact, aaron, you really should have it read:

Copyright © 2007 www.aimfuture.com & weiphone.com. All rights reserved.

Using the (c) is usually acceptable, but you can copy the © symbol from this text and use it instead, as it's preferable and the iPhone displays it properly.
      • Regarding the sentence "Welcome to weiphone.com"; I think aaron meant to say "Visit us at weiphone.com", but that's just semantics and really works either way.
      • The sentence "Forward SMS code belong to WeSMS": the word "belong" should be plural, "belongs", and read "Forward SMS code blongs to WeSMS"
    2. When you forward and SMS, the remove (-) button deletes every entry in the "To" section. It would be great if it deleted only the last one, in case a mistake was made and the wrong person was selected, so you wouldn't have to go back and re-add everyone to send it to.
    3. Finally, for the Wephone installer source, there's a space before the W, so Weiphone shows up at the top of the list of categories, after All Packages and Recent Packages. Not sure if that was done on purpose, or was just a mistake in the XML file for the installer source, but they're supposed to be alphabetically listed.

Not a huge deal IMHO, but just wanted to make sure he was aware of it.
    And I just noticed he thanked me by name in the About page! Wow, I really am grateful for that. I'm not nit-picking, but the thanks should have a space after each comma, so it reads

Thank you very much, aaron. Seriously! You have really done a great job with weTool, and it's quickly becoming one of the most popular iPhone installs. Heck, this is yet another app I feel Apple should buy and pay a buttload of money to the author (aaron) for, because Apple should have done it from the start.

I've taken the liberty of editing the about.html file and making these changes; I've attached it to this message so aaron can download it if he so chooses. (Change the file extension from txt to html, of course.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HotStuff2 For This Useful Post:

aaronjang (2007-12-03)

Thanks

Forgot to mention - and I know aaron told me that he couldn't use a Yin/Yang symbol because he's in China - but I really like the Yin/Yang symbol for the app, and have been replacing the icon with it. I also edited the BarDialer.png and BarDialer_Sel.png to change them to the Yin/Yang symbol so they'd match inside the app. Just in case anyone else wants them, they're attached as well. If you want to use them, SSH into your iPhone, delete the icon.png BarDialer.png and BarDialer_Sel.png icons, and replace them with the icons I created (you'll need to rename green.png to icon.png.)

Hope it doesn't offend aaron that I've done that. It's just my personal preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-12-01 at 07:09 PM.

nice work hotstuff!
    I second the fact that apple shud pay him a lot of money for this code...hope they don't steal it from him
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

great application but was wondering what happened to the secret sms function (would make your sms secret, password protected or hid it somehow). was in the earlier verion but i did not see it in the later version. i thought that was very cool.

Rippey

I agree this is probably the best application I have installed on the iPhone so far. Many thanks to Aaron!

Some conclusions from my few times of using it: it seems that there is a limitation when you try to forward to a contact from the "Contacts" list. The mobile number must be the first number listed in the contact's profile, otherwise the application will not accept it.

Someone above, asked how you could forward without using the "Contacts" list. You can acutally type the number directly by hiting next to the "To:" area (careful not hit the "About" button right above it). The the keyboard pops up and you can type the number.

Great job!

Aaron,

YOU ARE THE MAN!

People, lets donate to this guy, He clearly knows his stuff and is fulfilling our "most requested features" list faster than Apple is.

Thank you thank you thank you from your neighbors in the Philippines!
    Last edited by doblezeta; 2007-12-02 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    In case aaron is reading this, I wanted to point out a few things, most directly related to weTool, and one NOT really related to weTool, but rather the Weiphone installer source.

1. In weToolUS, the "About" page:
      • At the top of the page, directly under the logo, it says "weTools"; it'd be great if it said "weTools 0.3.6.2" (including the version number.)
      • The sentence that reads:

weTool is an application for the iPhone that lets you selectively delete Call History entries and SMS messages.Now it let you forward sms

It SHOULD read (proper English; not trying to insult him, but rather be helpful):

weTool is an application for the iPhone that lets you selectively delete individual Call History entries and SMS Messages, and adds the ability to forward SMS messages to multiple recipients.
      • "All right reserved ." is not proper and correct; it should be "rights" (plural), and there shouldn't be a space before the period at the end. In other words, it should read "All rights reserved." Also, the "All rights reserved" shouldn't be on a seperate line, it should be firectly after the Copyright notice. In fact, aaron, you really should have it read:

Copyright © 2007 www.aimfuture.com & weiphone.com. All rights reserved.

Using the (c) is usually acceptable, but you can copy the © symbol from this text and use it instead, as it's preferable and the iPhone displays it properly.
      • Regarding the sentence "Welcome to weiphone.com"; I think aaron meant to say "Visit us at weiphone.com", but that's just semantics and really works either way.
      • The sentence "Forward SMS code belong to WeSMS": the word "belong" should be plural, "belongs", and read "Forward SMS code blongs to WeSMS"
    2. When you forward and SMS, the remove (-) button deletes every entry in the "To" section. It would be great if it deleted only the last one, in case a mistake was made and the wrong person was selected, so you wouldn't have to go back and re-add everyone to send it to.
    3. Finally, for the Wephone installer source, there's a space before the W, so Weiphone shows up at the top of the list of categories, after All Packages and Recent Packages. Not sure if that was done on purpose, or was just a mistake in the XML file for the installer source, but they're supposed to be alphabetically listed.

Not a huge deal IMHO, but just wanted to make sure he was aware of it.
    And I just noticed he thanked me by name in the About page! Wow, I really am grateful for that. I'm not nit-picking, but the thanks should have a space after each comma, so it reads

Thank you very much, aaron. Seriously! You have really done a great job with weTool, and it's quickly becoming one of the most popular iPhone installs. Heck, this is yet another app I feel Apple should buy and pay a buttload of money to the author (aaron) for, because Apple should have done it from the start.

I've taken the liberty of editing the about.html file and making these changes; I've attached it to this message so aaron can download it if he so chooses. (Change the file extension from txt to html, of course.)

Thank you for your advice...
    So could you get me on MSN:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by doblezeta View Post
    Aaron,

YOU ARE THE MAN!

People, lets donate to this guy, He clearly knows his stuff and is fulfilling our "most requested features" list faster than Apple is.

Thank you thank you thank you from your neighbors in the Philippines!
    Than you very much..
    But not need donate yet.~

Somebody use my app is my best encourage~
    Last edited by aaronjang; 2007-12-03 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is the the first application to be able to touch the Built-in Notepad app of iPhone. Now you can have kind-of-semi-sync the notes. I am sure, if the author is willing, and we donate, he can as well develop a sync application for the notes too. GREAT!!!!

Default Thanks Aaron
    Really the BEST app for the iphone definitely and THANK YOU so much for this. Seems to be working really well on my iphone with 1.1.1 firmware. Some stuff already pointed out but have to say, this is going to be my most frequently used app.

Just one request if possible; can we get the Secret Password thing back? Now that would in immensely useful. Thanks.

Also, forwarded a message but it went in three parts, one was perfectly fine, as one message, the other was as two messages, broken in two parts.

Also, is there anyway to see the messages sent, i.e. can these be saved somewhere on the iphone for future reference? Thank you Thank You Thank You, for this application.

Cheers.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR THE BEST IPHONE APP.

Quote Originally Posted by vinodis View Post
    This is the the first application to be able to touch the Built-in Notepad app of iPhone. Now you can have kind-of-semi-sync the notes. I am sure, if the author is willing, and we donate, he can as well develop a sync application for the notes too. GREAT!!!!
    Yup Vinod, a sync app for Notes would be INCREDIBLE......
    Last edited by vikasmal; 2007-12-03 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjang View Post
    Thank you for your advice...
    So could you get me on MSN:[email protected]
    Will do. I'm off to work shortly, and won't be able to get online w/ IM until this evening, but I'll try to get ahold of you then.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjang View Post
    Than you very much..
    But not need donate yet.~

Somebody use my app is my best encourage~
    Then you should have PLENTY of encouragement! Every single person I've talked to with a Jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch has this installed. It's DEFINITELY in my "Top 5 Must-Have 3rd-Party Apps To Install".

Truly brilliant application. Thank you so much, Aaron.

currently using this application but I never see options for forwarding the sms...

Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    Maybe a bit late...

Version 0.3.6 Beta has in fact already been released.
    Where I can get this latest version?
    Im still using v3...

updated mine v3.6.2 beta...yeah!
    Last edited by smokepsp32; 2007-12-04 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome app, Aaron. Whats new in 0.3.7, just noticed it in the installer list

Quote Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
    Awesome app, Aaron. Whats new in 0.3.7, just noticed it in the installer list
    weTool V0.3.7 Update
    December 4th, 2007

Update log:

+Send address book contact to friends via SMS message.
    +3 Icon menu on call manager (removal of featured and about icons)
    +Fixed wrong number sent when send multipie message
    +Fixed green icon when click it
    +other small bugs I don’t remember…

in http://iphone.aimfuture.com/

Aaron,

One concern if I may?

When forwarding a message, it is received in two or three parts even though the original message is under the 160 characters limit. Any way to fix this so that a forwarded message goes as one message? Thanks.

Cheers and keep up the fantastic work, you are truly gifted.

Oh wonderful Aaron,

The new Version adds the sms to the sms thread which is great.

But unfortunately its still sending the sms in parts.

Thanks.
    Last edited by vikasmal; 2007-12-04 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Did anyone else find this bug?
    Hey Aaron,

If 1 contact has 2 phone numbers (say one home and one mobile) and I am unable to select both the numbers while forwarding, it picks up one number but is unable to pick the other number when I select it in the contacts.

I'm running on 1.1.2 FW (unlocked)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast