Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weTool Call And SMS Delete App

Quote Originally Posted by PcOnline View Post
    Did not work with 1.1.2!!
    under wetool.app directory, you change the properties of weTool to 0755 in the OCTAL field

using 0.3.3 on my 1.1.2 phone right now. great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sony311 View Post
    under wetool.app directory, you change the properties of weTool to 0755 in the OCTAL field
    Yes, I did! But not work. Anyone post old version? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quahog_convo View Post
    using 0.3.3 on my 1.1.2 phone right now. great stuff.
    Could you please send me your? Thanks
    Last edited by PcOnline; 2007-11-30 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, I downloaded the new 0.3.5 beta. First thing i tested (obviously) was the forward message feature.

I forwarded a text to my other handset....I certainly got the message! 4 times in fact

Wetool also seemed to lock out for about 20 seconds after I clicked send, before announcing that the forward was successful.

Just something to look out for, is this something you were aware of Aaron?

Ben

p.s. Just to clarify, first time I tried was with multiple numbers in the "To" section. Just tested again with only one number to forward the message to, and again came through 3 times. So a confirmed bug, at least in the UK.
    Last edited by benkay; 2007-11-30 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added info at end

Great app, exactly what we needed! One issue though and I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this:

For some phone numbers, a different name appears ! This is perhaps due to the number of phone identifying digits. I think it is set to 4? So for example if 2 people's phone numbers end in 9999, it shows either one ! Can you change the number of identifying digits to 5?

well it seems that if i have a long text and i want to transfer it to notes the app closes everytime but if its short its fine.. also what is the password thing for.? i have the 3.6 the welcome screen still says 3.5 but other then that i mention i like it.. 6 line text i beleive...

Now upgraded to 0.36 and the app just crashes to the Springboard when I click on the blue arrow next to an SMS message....
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benkay View Post
    Now upgraded to 0.36 and the app just crashes to the Springboard when I click on the blue arrow next to an SMS message....
    Ben
    Same with me!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try opening the Notes app first then open weTool app.... Then try clicking on the blue arrow....

Hi amf,

Tried that and it does the same thing.

Also tested a couple of forwards.

Forwarded a v. short message "Ok Cheers." which never arrived. Forwarded another text, medium-length, and that arrived OK.

However, would appear the multiple-send bug of 0.35 is gone.

Ben

Amazing APP. this would really be MORE awesome if it had an sms forwarding menu like the one on smsd. but this one is no doubt more polished!!! kudos!

Scrap that last post, i guess i installed an older app v3.3 from installer. i guess the newer one has forwarding.... will check it in a bit
    Last edited by chizbol; 2007-11-30 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Updated mine this morning as well. I don't really use the SMS forwarding, but the scrolling isn't smooth on my iPhone either (both call log and SMS is a bit jerky.) Also shows 0.3.5 on the intro screen.

All in all, minor issues that don't matter. Like the new icons!

Guys all,
    Aaron Jang just updated the latest WEETOOL Version 0.3.5 Beta.
    I try it and it works great to enable the Forward SMS as well as Forwarding SMS to Multiparty.
    This is very great job. Download is available via installer.app, by adding your source
    http://app.weiphone.com/installer/
    Thanks to Aaron.
    Buang

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buangsampah2003 View Post
    Guys all,
    Aaron Jang just updated the latest WEETOOL Version 0.3.5 Beta.
    I try it and it works great to enable the Forward SMS as well as Forwarding SMS to Multiparty.
    This is very great job. Download is available via installer.app, by adding your source
    http://app.weiphone.com/installer/
    Thanks to Aaron.
    Buang
    Maybe a bit late...

Version 0.3.6 Beta has in fact already been released.

Fantastic app, the best I've installed, 0.3.6 is still little buggy but they did say it was a beta version so have patience people.

I forwarded a large text and it fragmented into seven individual texts on the recieving phone which made it difficult to read, the text was originally recieved as one long text on the iphone so perhaps there is a built in message limit in weTool, I dont think there should eb a limit on a forwarded text it shoudl be sent as it arrived.

The lack of a status indicator as already mentioned would be a welcome addition as sending via weTool has a delay which can lead you think its hung. Aaron seems to have edited 0.3.6 to prevent to send button being hit multiple times during this delay, which I think is why some reported recieving the same text multiple times.

Also there is no history of forwarded texts they dont appear in the iphone SMS menu or the weTool text log

Another addition I would like is the ability to sort the call log and text log by caller, this would assist in finding the texts you want to forward, save to note pad or delete much quicker.

Well as I said this is a beta so roll on version 4 it going to be the best app out there IMHO

Hey, guys dont you think the developer deserves some donations, can someone set that up, ive seen other developers ask for dontations, and i'd gladly donate to the developement of this one.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Im still trying to figure out if you want to forward a MSG to someone if you pick the plus arrow and select a contact how do you go back to the msg screen to add another person

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    Im still trying to figure out if you want to forward a MSG to someone if you pick the plus arrow and select a contact how do you go back to the msg screen to add another person
    After selecting a contact number, the app will return to the previous page.

could be a bug, mine was working great then it started doing that, I reinstalled and just highlighted a text (not using > ) and clicked more at the top, selected forward and everything worked, after each mobile number was selected the screen flipped back to the forward page and I clicked the + again.

After doing that it fixed another bug I was able to use the > next to the text to move directly to the forward page, previously it was just crashing back to the springboard when I used >

Guess its a little buggy yet
    Last edited by ericidle; 2007-11-30 at 04:05 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    After selecting a contact number, the app will return to the previous page.
    Ok it can do that, but once i select the contacts how do i go back to the actual message so i can send it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok it can do that, but once i select the contacts how do i go back to the actual message so i can send it
    In my 1.1.1 iPhone, I select the message to be forwarded. Tap on "More" button, select "Forward message", tap on "+" button in the "To:" field. The Contacts page opens up. I tap on the name of the contact and the Info page opens up. I tap on the desired contact number and the page returns to the "forward message" page where the "send" button is available.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast