Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: scientific calculator for iPhone

I installed MACalc from the AlohaSoft repo and it opens for 3 seconds then closes.. I set the permissions but it still isnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by k wizzle View Post
    I installed MACalc from the AlohaSoft repo and it opens for 3 seconds then closes.. I set the permissions but it still isnt working.
    I have the same problem that you do. Check my post #73 on the previous page. I couldn't get it to run unless I changed the fonts to the original ones that came with firmware 1.1.1.

I cannot believe that people replace or remove fonts and then expect everything to work...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I cannot believe that people replace or remove fonts and then expect everything to work...
    Well, given that the program crashed with "bus error" from modified fonts, it is very strange. You would expect the program to have corrupt display, etc., instead of outright crash, ESPECIALLY when the programmer has said that it crashed while loading fonts.

Not at all strange.

You code to load a system standard font and don't check to see if the font is created as an object - after all, it is part of every iPhone, right?

Then you pass the empty (nil) object to other code that crashes when they try to use the missing font object.

Just what you expect in an object-oriented prgoramming system that doesn't have runtime checks for nil in every function - which would vastly slow down execution.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I already downloaded the .zip file but I dont know what to do now...

it says that I have to "1 move "MACalc.app" to "/Applications" in the phone
    2 Set the execute bit of "MACalc" ( chmod +x MACalc ) " but i dont know how to do that

u.u

help :] plz

Something is terribly wrong with this app...uninstalled and did a fresh install to make sure (on a 1.1.4 iPhone)

set it to algebraic mode, typed in
    "1.33 +/- +" and the display/register immediately changed the -1.33 to -0.67

this doesn't work.

I made sure all the registers were set to 0 to start with.

Thanks

*sigh* I'm still waiting for a TI-89 emulator to come out...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345