Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 306

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: NetServices.app - control all your services

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    doh! my bad... left out the +s. should be:

    # cd /
    # chmod +s /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices

    Hi, I got a 'No such file or directory' error after entering your revised commands 'chmod +s /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices'.

    I did used BossTool to free up some space on my iPhone before. Could this have caused the error. If not, how can I solve this 'No such file or directory' error?

    Anyone can give any pointers?

    Thanks a million

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by kestorr View Post
    Hi, I got a 'No such file or directory' error after entering your revised commands 'chmod +s /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices'.

    I did used BossTool to free up some space on my iPhone before. Could this have caused the error. If not, how can I solve this 'No such file or directory' error?

    Anyone can give any pointers?

    Thanks a million
    you have to beware about capital letter.

    your error came from "Netservices". The correct one is "NetServices"

    if you used bosstools to move your app, i advise you to follow this step

    1. cd /

    2. cd Applications

    3. cd NetServices.app

    4. chmod +s NetServices

    5. chown -R root:wheel NetServices

    hope this helps

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kindly For This Useful Post:

    san (2008-03-26), supafyn (2008-02-13)

  4. #283
    I've tried this. My phone is 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.3.

    After installing NetServices I tried it. It would load but a setting change would not stick. So I tried sukatoro's mod. After that NetServices would not load. Just crashed.

    Any ideas? (this is one of my favorite apps)

  5. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by sura View Post
    I've tried this. My phone is 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.3.

    After installing NetServices I tried it. It would load but a setting change would not stick. So I tried sukatoro's mod. After that NetServices would not load. Just crashed.

    Any ideas? (this is one of my favorite apps)
    hmm, it has been performing w/out issue for me from day one, are you using the Dev Teams jailbreak, and not one of the other variants (Nates, TouchMasters, etc.)? assuming so i would recommend the following...

    uninstall NetServices via the Installer.app, reboot phone, and reinstall.

    before leaving installer and running NetServices for the first time, fire up the terminal and SSH in, and enter the following lines verbatim:

    cd /

    cd /Applications

    chmod +s NetServices.app/NetServices
    chown -R root:wheel NetServices.app/NetServices

    exit terminal, reboot phone and then run NetServices, see if that does the trick friend... i love this app too..!

  6. #285
    Nope, that didn't work either.

    I used the Dev Team Soft Jailbreak.

    Nope, that didn't work either.

    I used the Dev Team Soft Jailbreak.
    Last edited by sura; 2008-02-12 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #286
    Yeh just tried it on 1.1.3 and Edge does not stay off. Caused the phone to freeze, only way to restart it was to hold power and home, and then it would get stuck at the apple screen. Only way to get it restored was to dock it to the pc while holding home. I'm back on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken.

  8. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by kindly View Post
    you have to beware about capital letter.

    your error came from "Netservices". The correct one is "NetServices"

    if you used bosstools to move your app, i advise you to follow this step

    1. cd /

    2. cd Applications

    3. cd NetServices.app

    4. chmod +s NetServices

    5. chown -R root:wheel NetServices

    hope this helps
    Thanks kindly for posting this... it helped me to get NetServices to successfully work on my 1.1.3 Dev jailbroken version.

    Just a quick note to others, but after installing the app, completely exit out of installer, unlock the phone, then using for example the terminal from WinSCP (assuming at this point you connected to your iPhone with WinSCP after unlocking), just follow the commands one by one given by kindly, reboot your phone and you should have NetServices running successfully!!!

    Like others have said it definitely is a great app and personally I think it is better than the Services app.

  9. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post

    # cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices

    it has performed flawlessly, and can successfully kill and rebirth both EDGE and SSH upon demand, cannot ask for more. thx for sharing hartstein..!

    Worked like a charm. Edge off now sticks.

    The only thing is I wonder if they will make a better icon.

  10. #289
    Hi Hartsteins,

    I have problems installing NetServices via Installer. It gives an error 'Package Download Failed'. Any insights into this?

    Or are there any alternative sources to download via installer? Assuming your servers are down.

    Thanks a Million!

  11. #290
    Hi Hartsteins,

    I have problems installing NetServices via Installer. It gives an error 'Package Download Failed'. Any insights into this?

    Or are there any alternative sources to download via installer? Assuming your servers are down.

    Thanks a Million!

  12. #291
    Is there anyway CopyCoders could add support for Insomnia.app? I just discovered this app which I find very useful, especially when using Firefly Media Server, and I think it fits in perfectly with the rest of NetServices features. Thanks.

  13. #292
    iPhone? More like MyPhone echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YYZ & KUL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Hi Greg,

    I just noticed that on 1.1.3/4 the "Mail Fetch" option selection does not stick. I have it set to "Every 15 minutes" in 'Settings', but when I launch NetServices, it shows as 'Off'. When I toggle it back 'On', quit NetServices and relaunch, the setting does not stick.

    It was the situation with FW 1.1.3 (ZiPhoned) , apps not moved, and on 1.1.4 (ZiPhoned), apps moved when installed Cydia.app.

    cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-09 at 08:02 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

  14. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Hi Greg,

    I just noticed that on 1.1.3/4 the "Mail Fetch" option selection does not stick. I have it set to "Every 15 minutes" in 'Settings', but when I launch NetServices, it shows as 'Off'. When I toggle it back 'On', quit NetServices and relaunch, the setting does not stick.

    It was the situation with FW 1.1.3 (ZiPhoned) , apps not moved, and on 1.1.4 (ZiPhoned), apps moved when installed Cydia.app.

    cheers,
    e
    Same issue here. On 1.1.4 ziphoned

  15. #294
    ^ Did you guys do this?

    Code:
    # cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices

  16. #295
    iPhone? More like MyPhone echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YYZ & KUL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    ^ Did you guys do this?

    Code:
    # cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices
    I'm not at all versed with modding using the Terminal, so please bear with me. I noticed that earlier tutorials are different from yours. The 'chmod' line has a '+s' where as yours doesn't? Which should I use (I have NOT moved my apps with BossTool, only my fonts)?

    I tried the version of code with the '+s', and just like it does for sura, NetServices just crashes on launch. I have uninstalled, reboot, and reinstalled NetServices.

    I also tried the other version (chmod without the '+s'), and after typing the "chmod line", I got this...

    usage: chmod [-fv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-a | +a | =a [i][# [ n]]] mode|entry file ...

    I then carried on with the rest of the code, quit Terminal, reboot the phone, and nothing. Its still the same situation, although NetServices is not crashing like the first version of code I tried. Any other suggestions? What I am doing wrong? I love this app, and am dying to get it working properly on 1.1.4.

    cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-10 at 08:23 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

  17. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    ^ Did you guys do this?

    Code:
    # cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices
    did the chmod +s
    then did the chown -R root:wheel but it says operation not permitted

  18. #297
    iPhone? More like MyPhone echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YYZ & KUL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    did the chmod +s
    then did the chown -R root:wheel but it says operation not permitted
    I did the same (chmod +s) and mine did not say operation not permitted. instead it just crashes upon launch.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

  19. #298
    Funny, it worked for me.
    See who is the owner of your NetServices.app and what are the permissions now (if on Windows you can do that with WinSCP and right click -> Properties on a NetServices.app/NetServices).

  20. #299
    iPhone? More like MyPhone echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YYZ & KUL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    Funny, it worked for me.
    See who is the owner of your NetServices.app and what are the permissions now (if on Windows you can do that with WinSCP and right click -> Properties on a NetServices.app/NetServices).
    The Owner is "root" and permissions are set to 755.

    Do you know what that line of code I got means (see above post #295) after typing in the chmod line?


    LATEST UPDATE:

    I moved my apps with BossTool and then used this...

    1. cd /

    2. cd Applications

    3. cd NetServices.app

    4. chmod +s NetServices

    5. chown -R root:wheel NetServices

    These are the results:

    - NetServices does NOT crash upon launch unlike before I moved my apps
    - SSH turns 'On' and 'Off' as it should (before it would turn off, but when turned on, it would not stick although the switch said it was 'On')
    - AFP also turns 'On' and 'Off' as it should (it was behaving like SSH before)

    However, the Mail Fetch switch still does not work. It stays in the 'Off' position even though it is actually 'On' and when switched to 'On', the setting does not stick. All in all I'm satisfied as I have my SSH and AFP switches working as it should. The Mail Fetch is inconsequential at this point as I can turn it 'On' and 'Off' through the default iPhone settings.
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-12 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

  21. #300
    Hi there, I've set permissions as above and the SSH switch works properly. Mail fetch and auto-lock are still no go. Edge, bt, wifi and airplane mode works just fine. Visibility settings are finally sticking too. On 1.1.3.
    Last edited by san; 2008-03-26 at 06:05 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •