Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NetServices.app - control all your services

is it possible to add a phone of on switch as well just for the phone part like in itoggle?

is it possible to add a phone of on switch as well just for the phone part like in itoggle?
    Last edited by MalayZN; 2008-01-17 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Thanks for the response Greg. I'm running 1.1.1. Seems like there are a few of us having this issue. Not sure what FW the others are using though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdump View Post
    1.1.1 here too
    I am also on 1.1.1 and having the volume problem

On my 1.1.1 phone the volume is low because the sound comes out from the speaker on top of the phone instead of the main speaker at the bottom. This happens when I switches EDGE on and off through netservices. I am not quite sure but it seems to be linked to if you used the speaker on the last call.

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    No this is not possible. The phone on/off switch became a problem locking up some user's phones. Even in iToggle it is only supported for phones running 1.1.1.

Greg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hartsteins For This Useful Post:

gadgetfan (2008-01-24)

Thanks for a great app, should be included out of the box. I restored my Iphone and the Netservices is working as it should again. My problems seems to have been caused by a corrupted filesystem.

Hi Greg, long time no chat.

Just noticed, after updating and jailbreaking 1.1.3, that the FireFly Media Server bundle in the Copycoders source is failing main script execution. My guess is, it's looking in the wrong place for an iTunes library to execute.

Any plans to update or create 1.1.3-specific version in your installer source? I may be able to help troubleshoot, if you're not keen on upgrading yet. Lemme know.

[EDIT]actually, it looks like the software installed itself, but it just failed the music database scan. I brought up the local admin on the iPhone's browser, and changed the path to the iTunes Music folder, went back to the Server Status page to start a Full Scan, and it's currently compiling its database (it's slow, but it's updating the number of songs on the fly, so I can tell it's working). Also, it is broadcasting over Bonjour. I'll post another update when I've confirmed it's actually playing music.

Also, looks like the File Download plugin is broken. I've updated BSD and everything, made sure the plugin is activated, restarted the phone, and still no workie.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by punkassjim; 2008-01-30 at 08:55 PM. Reason: figured out my bonjour address issue. renamed phone in iTunes.

Hey guys, on 1.1.3 there is not longer an option for Safari Plugin can someone help me figure out how to make that work, do I need to download something first to make it show up and where do I do that, I had it in 1.1.2 and hope it can come back thanks all

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Hey guys, on 1.1.3 there is not longer an option for Safari Plugin can someone help me figure out how to make that work, do I need to download something first to make it show up and where do I do that, I had it in 1.1.2 and hope it can come back thanks all

Thanks all
    I believe those plugins will have to be updated before they can be made to work with 1.1.3. As far as I know, no one has got them running yet. In the meantime, I just use HistoryDL, which still works fine.

ok how do you use history DL thanks so much for the instructions

Hi!

I am also facing the volume issue. Any solution to that as yet?

Its a gr8 app, i just tried it on my iphone 1.1.2 and fired it up, disabled edge which gives me popup twice to stay patient which goes away, and then phone is stuck. Home button wont take u home no more ;-) and phone was stuck like that for 1/2 before I put it in recovery mode and use ibrcker to boot it back.
    any1 else had any luck w/1.1.2; specially enabling/disabling EDGE?

Quote Originally Posted by hell2u View Post
    Its a gr8 app, i just tried it on my iphone 1.1.2 and fired it up, disabled edge which gives me popup twice to stay patient which goes away, and then phone is stuck. Home button wont take u home no more ;-) and phone was stuck like that for 1/2 before I put it in recovery mode and use ibrcker to boot it back.
    any1 else had any luck w/1.1.2; specially enabling/disabling EDGE?
    First of all - I apologize if NetServices in any way damaged your phone or forced a restore. NetServices has/does run in 1.1.2 successfully. I run it on 2 different phones with that firmware and I believe there are others in this thread that have mentioned doing the same.

What else have you installed along with NetServices? (Dock?) Without any centralized guidelines to develop apps, conflicts are inevitable.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by hartsteins View Post
    First of all - I apologize if NetServices in any way damaged your phone or forced a restore. NetServices has/does run in 1.1.2 successfully. I run it on 2 different phones with that firmware and I believe there are others in this thread that have mentioned doing the same.

What else have you installed along with NetServices? (Dock?) Without any centralized guidelines to develop apps, conflicts are inevitable.

Greg
    Thx Greg for super quick response. I totally understand there is not central place to manage/avoid conflicts w/other 3rd party apps. I had springboard on, and Services app.

I just upgraded to 1.1.3 :-) any1 tried it on 1.1.3 yet or more development work need to be done on it?

Greg, again Thanks a ton for putting in so much hardwork into this app. I hope to try it soon.
    Last edited by hell2u; 2008-02-07 at 02:37 AM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by hartsteins View Post

Greg
    Thx Greg for super quick response. I totally understand there is not central place to manage/avoid conflicts w/other 3rd party apps. I had springboard on, and Services app.

I just upgraded to 1.1.3 :-) any1 tried it on 1.1.3 yet or more development work need to be done on it?

Greg, again Thanks a ton for putting in so much hardwork into this app. I hope to try it soon.

Hey Greg, Ya I love this app worked great with my 1.1.1
    Update to 1.1.3 and it loads which is a good thing.
    Small bug edge disabling doesn't stick
    Also is it possible to add a of on feature just for the phone part? similiar to itoggle?
    Thanks again hope that these can be fixed or added when you have time

Hey Greg thanks for this gem of a program. It worked great on 1.1.2 OOB phone. i upgraded to 1.1.3 and edge doesnt stay disabled. I know this program is only tested with 1.1.1 but if you could get this working i would love you for ever. I know you keep up this program as a hobby but i want you to know that your work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Man!!!

just to chime in, i am currently running NetServices w/out any issue on Dev Teams 1.1.3-3 JB package... while BossPrefs is a nice package, i personally prefer to keep my main settings and myriad connectivity options seperate and both one click away on the dock. i have seen no crashes or lockups since installing NetServices, but i did assume that it would be prudent to fire up the terminal and issue the following immediately upon installation, considering i am now running as 'mobile' and not in the oh-so-promiscuous 'root' user mode..:

# cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices
    # chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices

it has performed flawlessly, and can successfully kill and rebirth both EDGE and SSH upon demand, cannot ask for more. thx for sharing hartstein..!

Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    just to chime in, i am currently running NetServices w/out any issue on Dev Teams 1.1.3-3 JB package... while BossPrefs is a nice package, i personally prefer to keep my main settings and myriad connectivity options seperate and both one click away on the dock. i have seen no crashes or lockups since installing NetServices, but i did assume that it would be prudent to fire up the terminal and issue the following immediately upon installation, considering i am now running as 'mobile' and not in the oh-so-promiscuous 'root' user mode..:

# cd /
    # chmod /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices

it has performed flawlessly, and can successfully kill and rebirth both EDGE and SSH upon demand, cannot ask for more. thx for sharing hartstein..!

i got error after entered "chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices" command

Are some chmod options missing?

thanks in advance

I'm on the Official Dev 1.1.3-3 jailbreak, and I couldn't get any of my preferences to stick until I changed my permissions to 777 recursively for the NetServices.app folder. The FileDownload Plug-in for 1.1.2 also works, but in order to make that happen, I had to manually create the folder at /private/var/root/Downloads and give it 777 permissions. Once I did that, things worked just fine. Thanks Greg!
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2008-02-05 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kindly View Post
    i got error after entered "chown -R root:wheel /Applications/NetServices.app/NetServices" command

Are some chmod options missing?

thanks in advance
    doh! my bad... left out the +s. should be:

# cd /
    # chmod +s /Applications/NetServices.app/Netservices

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sukatoro For This Useful Post:

kindly (2008-02-07)

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast