Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ScummVM for iPhone!

Default ScummVM for iPhone!
    ScummVM is an emulator that lets you play old LucasArts and Sierra adventure games (provided you have the original game files).

It's been ported to the iPhone and it looks promising. The controls need some work, but it runs smoothly.

Instructions:
    * Add http://urbanfanatics.com/scummvm.xml as a source in Installer.app
    * Click on Install, find Games in the list, and hit ScummVM. Then click Install.

See here for more info:
    http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4752

haha cool so will games like leisure suit larry and Police quest work for this ?

awesome I can play full throttle again :P

Full Throttle works great by the way It's funny how I remember struggling getting this to run on my 486, but it runs great on the iPhone :P

The Apps Not Finding My Games...What Am I Doing Wrong ? Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

screenshots plz

Whoever ported this is my hero--thanks!!! Can't wait to try it out.

SO cool. i'm out of town for thanksgiving right now... but will definitely be looking into this tomorrow when i get home!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Banned
    Thanks

Question, do i find these games like the NES roms? What are they catagerized as? Sorry if i'm not supposed to ask that question.

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    Question, do i find these games like the NES roms? What are they catagerized as? Sorry if i'm not supposed to ask that question.
    Well, if you own these games and have the CD, you can use those and compress the files to fit on the phone. Here is how to do that:
    http://www.neilturner.me.uk/2006/Jan...scumm_gam.html

If you don't own the games, you can obtain them legally (trying to buy them somewhere, perhaps eBay?). Like NES roms, there are multiple ways to obtain these that are illegal but I will leave those methods up to your imagination.

For those who are confused by how to play these games, check out the iphone ScummVM wiki (includes controls)

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone
    Last edited by ReidWings; 2007-11-23 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yay for kings quest :]
    too bad heros quest is sci :[

mine says i don't have enough disk space available to put DOTT in there. i do though... any help?

for now, i just did not copy the "monster.sou" file because it's over 250mb and is simply the speech file. i just set it to read the speech rather than listen to it.

but wooooowwwwww! this is AWESOME!
    Last edited by billchase2; 2007-11-24 at 09:37 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz

This is the best app yet! Runs VERY well for me!

Where ever I upload sky.cpt it sys can't find the game in this directory? What am I doing wrong? What is the format of the games? Is this single file should work or it is the rong file. After a lot of looking I only found this game for ScuumVM.

i put maniac mansion and day of the tentacle on my iphone and both run great. to do so, you just copy the entire game's folder onto the iphone then choose that directory. it's not just one file... it's the entire folder.